Firefly: The Next Generation (OOC)

The writer who wanted to play the apprentice hasn't posted a bio and isn't replying to PMs, so for now we'll assume her character doesn't exist until such a time she wants to play, and then we can write her in.
 
She could be a sister, a cousin, or somehow know someone from the group. Maybe she's a nurse that worked with Joseph or went to flight school with Alexa or something.
 
I am willing to play an apprentice or fellow pilot or something. PM me, since I am getting confused
 
Sorry this took so freaking long, lol. I kept going back and forth doing research for locations for the intro post and my net went out for a while and I just barely got my post done. I am back to feeling tired as hell but pushed myself, so if I overlooked anything in my post, please forgive me :).

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1005591
 
Ah crap, I just realized the dating is wrong. If Kylar was born in 2519, he would be turning 27 in 2546, not 2545. Instead of making everyone edit their posts, I'll just change Kylar's age to 26.
 
amaya_roya1_1.jpg


Name: Amaya Falir
Age: 23
Birthday: September 25, 2521
Homeworld: Sihnon
Former home: House Madrassa on Sihnon

An apprentice under the tutelage of Inara Serra, Amaya started her tutelage like most young girls at the age of 12. Her parents had both known Inara, so when she came to give birth to her son, Joseph, Amaya got to know him since her birth nearly 5 months later.

It was decided from a young age that Amaya would enter into the life of a Companion, and even from when she was younger, she was groomed to remember it. She took to her studies quickly, preferring the subjects of psychology, art, and political discourse. Like her teacher, she preferred blades and bows and arrows to guns, but she'd take what she could get. She was a voracious learner, and a perfectionist to boot. She wanted to be a Companion, probably more than anything, and she was dedicated to bringing some of the beauty and the civility back to the 'Verse after the wars.

Unlike her mistress, however, she didn't practice the ways of the Buddha, but instead practiced the religion of her parents' ancestry from the Earth that Was. Unfortunately the dining practices weren't the same, but with gentle guidance from Inara, she managed to make it all work.

While growing up, much of her life was tied to the makings of being a Companion, but she did manage to get to know Joseph. In many ways he was the closest thing she had to a best friend, though he disappeared shortly after she started her formal training. Only through his mother did she know whether he was doing alright.

Now at the cusp of finishing her training, she was asked by Inara to accompany her to the funeral of a fallen friend. It would be the first time she traveled from Madrassa and Sihnon. Her life was about to begin....
 
Nice character, Caramel :). I think we have equal pairings now -- three males and three females, unless I am forgetting any characters. Joe, Jesse, and Kylar, and Alexa, Amaya, and Mikaela.
 
I apologize, I'm going to be slow to post for at least the next several days. I'm running a competition and its taking up so much time.
 
Hey, just so you guys know, dragon won't be able to get to her computer this weekend until tomorrow afternoon. She's camping.
 
Cool. Also, I have an interview Monday for a new job, and if I get it, I will finally be back to sleeping at night, which means I won't be so exhausted all the time and thus will have more motivation to write and be creative :). I also plan to get back to work on writing a novel -- I haven't really written much outside of RPing and Facebook posts in over a year.
 
Sorry, I was gonna post this morning but keep falling asleep in my chair. I got that job I interviewed for, so pretty soon I'll be off nights and won't feel so exhausted all the time.
 
I added a map of Warlock/Serenity to the first post here in the OOC, as well as a link for system maps.
 
Also, since I can't find an official location for Mr. Universe's Moon, I'm just gonna say it is one of the moons orbiting the gas giant Dragon's Egg in the Blue Sun system.
 
Okay, my last night shift is April 12th, after that I'll be working during the day and will likely post more often. For now, we can focus on the characters getting to know each other on the trip and get through the funeral, and then I have some ideas to throw the characters into some major action and adventure.
 
If we run into reavers, can we catch one for us to keep as a "pet" that we use to use to scare he shit out of people we interrogate? PLEEEEEEAASE? Please, daddy, can we keep him? Lol xD


No one thought I was serious about this, right?
 
Last edited:
I probably won't post much this week because it is my final week at my night shift job and my first week at my new day job, so there might be some double shifts. But once I have transitioned back into sleeping at night and I am not so tired all the time, I am going to buckle down and write a nice, long post bringing us through the funeral and to Haven, and then you can each write your POV at the funeral or whatever. Then, at the end of my long post, there will be a plot event that sets us on course for some action and adventure and really gets this RP moving :).
 
Okay, this is my last night shift. I have already started my day job, and after tonight I will be getting more sleep and posting more. I am going to try and get a Firefly post in tomorrow evening, and I am also starting a Marvel and a Batman RP if you girls are interested :). Sorry guys, they are already male-heavy, we need more females.
 
I was gonna take that post further, but I am pretty tired and I need to force myself to stay up all day so I can sleep tonight since my new day job is in the morning. But when I get home tomorrow afternoon, I'll be more rested and from then on posts should be regular since I am off night shift for good.
 
That's cool. We've all been going kind of slow, lol. I've been brainstorming up story arcs for this RP, and I have ideas for a shorter arc dealing with the Niskas that leads into a longer arc with them fighting against Alliance remnants. We can tie in other crime families and corrupt corporations, though eventually, we will run out of things for our characters to do, lol. This isn't like a superhero RP where you have 60+ years of characters and plots to pull from, lol.

I would like just once to actually have an RP where the story is told and gets completed. I don't think we should try and make this RP last forever, but play it through until the crew defeats the Niskas and the Alliance remnants and the evil corporations, and then bring the story to its conclusion. Maybe if we have a clear end in sight, it will make the build up more satisfying and is something for us to aim for. What do you guys think?
 
Back
Top