My Favorite Quotes

re

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest
of the world."

moonlight.jpg

Good one Icey, I like it.
 
Dalai Lama

Human potential is the same for all. Your feeling, "I am of no value", is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought - so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything. It is usually said that you are your own master.
 
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Correction does much,
but encouragement does more.​
 
Swami Rama of the Himalayas

There is always grace in love, that grace is called forgiveness.
 
Svami Prajnanpad

To grow is to go beyond what you are today. Stand up as yourself. Do not imitate. Do not pretend to have achieve your goal, and do not try to cut corners. Just grow.
 
Thich Nhat Hanh:

Every morning you rededicate yourself to your path in order not to go astray. Before going to sleep at night, you take a few minutes to review the day. "Did I live in the direction of my ideals today?" If you see that you took one or two steps in that direction, that is good enough. If you did not, say to yourself, "I'll do better tomorrow."
 
"There is very little difference in people. But that little difference can make a big difference when that difference is attitude."

Enjoy all!
 
Judy Garland

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
 
(again) Hazrat Inayat Khan

Walking on the turning wheel of the earth, living under the ever-rotating sun, man expects a peaceful life.
 
Rabindranath Tagore

The same stream of life that runs through the world runs through my veins night and day and dances in rhythmic measure. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth into the numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of flowers.
 
We offen add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, overreaching to minor things, and sometimes takingthings too personally......
 
The ability to shift perspective can be the most powerful and effective tools we have to helpus cope withlife's daily problems.
 
Dick Sutphen

Love me without fear
Trust me without questioning
Need me without demanding
Want me without restrictions
Accept me without change
Desire me without inhibitions
For a love so free
Will never fly away.​
 
unknown to me

Giving is the secret of a healthy life.
Not necessarily money, but whatever
a person has of encouragement,
sympathy and understanding.​
 
Will Rogers

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
 
Edward Lear

They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon.​
 
Akhnaton [Egyptian pharaoh]

To be satisfied with a little,
is the greatest wisdom;
and he that increaseth his riches,
increaseth his cares;
but a contented mind is a hidden treasure,
and trouble findeth it not.​
 
Human potential is the same for all. Your feeling, "I am of no value", is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought - so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything. It is usually said that you are your own master.


I like. :rose:
 
Xun Zi

Music is a fantastic peacekeeper of the world, it is integral to harmony, and it is a required fundamental of human emotion.
 
Lao-Tsu

He who knows about others may be learned but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
 
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.
 
re

Is there some meaning to this life?
What purpose lies behind the strife?
Whence do we come, where are we bound?
These cold questions echo and resound
through each day, each lonely night.
We long to find the splendid light
that will cast a revelatory beam
upon the meaning of the human dream​

-THE BOOK OF COUNTED SORROWS
 
Back
Top