Surprise

BeachBum25

Far Away
Joined
Jun 19, 2011
Posts
15,072
Nick Taylor is a 27 year old firefighter in a large city in Arizona. His fiancée Carly Diamond was living in a neighboring town where she worked. They didn't get to see each other as often as they liked. When they got married, they planned on getting a house somewhere between where they worked. Nick had very little free time recently, because he had been studying for the Lieutenant exam. Now that the exam was over,and he was awaiting the results, he decided to take a couple of days off and make it a long weekend so that he could go visit Carly, and spend some quality time with her. He couldn't stay with Carly, because she had a roommate. He had only met the roommate a couple of times, but she seemed nice. However, staying there did not fit Nick's plans, so, he decided to get a hotel room for the long weekend.

After finishing work on Thursday, Nick jumped into his Jeep and headed out. He drove to the hotel and checked in. He went to the room and showered and changed. Before heading out, he texted Carly. hey, baby...what are you up to tonight? Thinking about how much I miss you. Love you. He didn't wait for her response. He hopped into the car and headed toward Carly's place. He pulled up in front of her place and got out of the car. Nick walked up and knocked on the door. Just then Nick got a text from Carly...hey baby... Heading to Vegas with Kali. Decided to get out of town with my roomie. Miss you too

Disappointed, Nick turned around and started to walk back to his car when he heard the door open. He turned around and saw Kali standing the door. "Hey Kali. I thought I would come and surprise Carly. Is she around?" He didn't say anything about Carly's text, but he was wondering what was going on.
 
Kali was a 27yr old sports therepist. She had met Carly a couple years ago and they had moved in together to save money. Carly was engaged and would be moving in the semi near future. Kali didnt really get their relationship, he seemed fully serious.. he called her and tried to schedule plans with her, carly hoaever.... didnt.

Kali was single, she went on dates but they usually were disasterous. She was sitting at home in running shorts and a tank top when she heard the knock. She was shocked when she saw him, "oh hi! Umm.. what a nice surprise..." she had no idea what to say... she wouldnt lie for her but she didnt want to be involved at all. "Come on in..."
 
Nick was still a little surprised to see Kali. After receiving the text from Carly, he thought he was going to be driving back to the hotel and canceling his reservation for the rest of the weekend. He followed Kali into the apartment. He couldn't help but let his eyes roam over Kali's body which was accentuated by the running shorts and tank top she was wearing.

"I am surprised to see you here. Carly just texted me and told me that you and her were going to Vegas. I take it that that is not true. Either that or the two of you are going separately." While he spoke to Kali, he texted Carly, hmmm, really? I am in your apartment talking to Kali. I guess the surprise is on me,. "I am not going to get you involved in her lie Kali. I am just going to go back to the hotel. I will spend the night there and head back in the morning. Just let her know I was here."
 
She was greatful he didnt pin any of it on her but it didnt help her feeling horrible. "Listen Nick, im really sorry. I honestly dont know whats going on with her... shes just been doing her own thing.... if you want to hang oit or anything, I dont have anything going on... I mean I completly understand if you want to be alone bht the offers there." She could see the hurt in his eyes when she looked at him.
 
Nick was pissed off. He started to walk out the door. Just then he got another text. what are you doing there? Kali is planning on meeting me here. We were traveling separately because she got out of work later than me. . The text message just made Nick even madder. He sent a reply to Carly. you are just making it worse. I know Kali isn't going. To Vegas and I doubt that you are either. Your lying tells me you are doing something you shouldn't be doing, or at least something you don't want me to know about.

"Listen Kali. I appreciate the offer. I am staying at the Marriott. If you want to come and hang out at the hotel bar for a while, that would be fine. I have a feeling that I am going to get pretty drunk tonight and I won't be able to drive after that. If you think that sounds too boring, I understand."
 
She smiled and understood. "I get it. I would do the same thing if i were you..... im going to let you go, blow off some of that steam.... if you decide you want a drinking buddy..." she grabbed his phone and entered her number, ".... then shoot me a text or call. I will be here." She smiled, not wanting to force him to sit and look at her as a reminder of his fiance if he didnt want to.

She walked him to the door and put her hand on his shoulder, "I am really sorry about how things are all working out for you Nick."
 
Nick watched Kali enter her number into his phone. Then he looked at her and smiled. He felt her hand on her shoulder and was, at that moment, disappointed that he did not say that they should hang out. He couldn't go back now. He would appear desperate.

"Thanks Kali. I appreciate it. That is very nice of you." He leaned in and kissed her cheek. He walked out and got in the car. Nick drove to the hotel and immediately went to the bar. He ordered a drink and before he knew it, he was on his second drink. He sat there staring out into the lobby. Then he took out his phone and called a cab company. Next, he called Kali. When she answered Nick said, "hi Kali, it is Nick. I just sent a cab to pick you up. I know that is pretty forward, but it did it. If you still want to come, I will be in the bar at the Marriott."
 
She smiled when he said it was him. "Sure, I would love to be your drinking buddy." They hung up and she went and changed into a pale yellow dress that made her look even more tan than she was. She climbed into the cab and a short ride later she was getting out and walking into the hotel lobby. She glanced around and spotted the bar. It didnt take much effort to spot him slumped at a corner u shaped booth. She waslked over and smiled, "this seat taken?"
 
Nick looked up and saw Kali standing there. She looked really good in the yellow dress. It showed off her tan and her body. "It will be once you sit down. Thank you for coming. I truly appreciate you coming." Nick called the cocktail waitress over and asked Kali what she wanted to drink. He also told her to bring two shots of tequila. When the waitress went for the drinks Nick said to Kali, "you looked really nice. That dress really looks great on you."
 
She laughed at his playful response. She slid into the booth with him and ordered her drink.

When he told her she looked really good she smiled, "thank you.. it was nice to get out of the house." She picked up an empty glass from the table and eyed him, " so how far behind am I now?" She put her hand on top of his and squeezed it gently, just then the waitress delivered the drinks.
 
He looked at her....."well, maybe only one or two, or five." He laughed. "I will give you a chance to catch up. Now that I am in the company of a beautiful woman, I have no intention of passing out drunk. That would be a major violation." He looked down at her hand on his. He was really glad he called her and that she accepted his invitation to join him.
 
She laughed shaking her head, "a violation huh? I wasnt aware there were rules.... dare I ask what other rules there are?" She smiled teasing as she took a drink from her glass. She pushed one of the tequila shots in front of him and smiled, "just dont pass out down here, I am not real confident I would be able to carry you up to your room." She winked at him as she lifted her shot
 
"No other rules. We can just make it up as we go." He smiled at her and took the shot of tequila. He clinked his glass on her shot glass and then downed the shot. He placed the glass down on the table. "Don't worry. I will not pass out on you down here or up in my room." He winked at her playfully.
 
She laughed and took her shot. She felt the familar burn as it went down and she smiled at him. "Well I promise not to pass out on you either... Im not trying to be That Girl." She realized she was doing alot of smiling just being around him. She picked up her drink to distract herself a little.
 
They had only been sitting together for a short time, but Nick realized he was having a nice time and that Kali was keeping his mind off Carly more than the drinking was. He took another drink and asked, "why is it that you are sitting alone tonight anyway? I would think that someone as attractive as you would have plenty of guys chasing after her. You should be beating them off with a stick."
 
She laughed, taking anothee drink. Well, I work alot and none of the dates Ive been on lately ever amount to anything
.... usually they end up being pretty painful. She laughs. She was having a good time with him.
 
"I don't get it. How could it be painful? Why would a guy go out with a hot woman and do something that would make her uncomfortable? That makes no sense to me. After all, you are not just attractive you are easy to talk to and fun to be around." Even with all of the alcohol he had, he knew what he was doing. He was flirting with his fiancee's roommate. If, in fact, Carly was still his fiancée. He wasn't so sure of that. He had a feeling that Carly was with another guy, and it wasn't the first time. "So, what would you like to do on your big night out Kali? After all, you don't want to just sit here and get drunk, do you?"
 
She laughed and shrugged her shoulders, "umm I have no idea.?" She smiled... " what do you want to do?" She hadnt actually put much thought into what they were going to do. "I mean, Im here to cheer you up.
 
Nick smiled at her. "Well, just your presence here as done a lot to cheer me up. The alcohol was helping me forget that Carly was lying to me and probably is off cheating with some guy. That is okay. We are done. You, however, have made me smile, and it is all because of your presence here. Thank you very much for coming." He leaned over and kissed Kali on the cheek. "You are awesome."
 
She smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "not like hanging out with you is torture or anything.... Im having fun." Sheglanced around and noticed theplace was cleared out and she laughed, "looks like we might be closing the place down."
 
He looked around when she mentioned that they were closing the place down. He called the waitress over and asked her to have a bottle of tequila and some sliced limes sent to his room. Nick paid the check and then looked at Kali, "I hope I am not out of line in asking this, but, would you like to continue this in my room since we closed the place down?"
 
She laughed and nodded her head, "sure, lets do that." She would have never done it with an unavailable man butthere was something about him... and was he really unavailable at this point? She slid from the booth and looped her arm in his as they walked thru the lobby.
 
Nick walked toward the elevator arm in arm with Kali. He wondered what he was doing. He was engaged to Carly, wasn't he? Sure she had lied to him, and sure, she was cheating on him...at least he thought so, but he hadn't officially broken it off with her. Despite his thoughts, Nick continued toward the elevator. Once they got on, he pushed the button for the 6th floor. As the doors closed, he started to wonder just where this was going. He really enjoyed being with Kali, and she was extremely good looking and very sexy. Then, he stopped the thoughts....for a second at least. She might just be coming upstairs because she pitied him for what Carly was doing....or just because she was being nice and trying to help him feel better. It might have been nothing more than that.
 
She took the ride up in the elevator to gather her thoughts, what was she doing? What did Nick have in mind? Was this revenge for him, was it to dull the pain, were they just two friends hanging out? She needed to tread carefully. The doors opened and she followed him to his room. She stepped into the beautiful room and couldnt help to feel for the guy, he had obviously spent some major money on the hotel room.
 
Nick opened the door and let Kali go in first. After entering the room, he closed the door behind them and walked over and opened the sliding doors that led to the balcony. The balcony overlooked a huge park, and even at this late hour it was beautiful. He stood there for a moment; taking it all in. Things had really changed since the first time he was in this room.

There was a knock at the door. Nick was startled at first by the knock, but then he remembered he had ordered the tequila and limes. He had nothing to mix it with, and he knew the two of them couldn't finish the entire bottle doing shots, but what the hell. He went to the door, opened it and took the bottle and limes from the room service attendant. After tipping her, he closed the door and placed them on the table. He looked at Kali, "want to do a shot or two?"
 
Back
Top