Erotic Paranormal Book Club!!!

VampGirl

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Posts
501
This is a place where lovers of erotic paranormal book lovers come and talk about different books they like. What books have you found that get the juices flowin??

List them here....
 
Great idea for a thread!

Anything by Jacqueline Carey. The ones I've read the Kushiel's Legacy (composing of Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen and Kushiel's Avatar). Dark, elegant, and sublimely written the books follow the life and adventures of Phèdre, an anguisette (one who experiences pleasure and pain as one) and how she saves the throne. It's also told in first person account, which I usually don't like, but in this case it works.
 
Last edited:
hmmm i never have heard of that one! i'm gonna have to go and check it out. I'm reading the Anita Blake series right now and love them!!!!!!! i have also read many by black-lace and their book are raunchy and hit every spot! I really like the southern vampire series those are more a mystery book then erotic but still very good non the less!

What else have you read?
 
I don't thes quite fall into erotic per say, but she can write some great scenes.

Lynsay Sands---The Argeneau series...There are 9 books so far follwing the members of the Argeneau Family of Vampires
A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single White Vampire
Tall, Dark and Hungry
A Bite to Remember
Bite Me if You Can
The Accidental Vampire
Vampires are Forever
Vampire, Interrupted
 
hmmm i never have heard of that one! i'm gonna have to go and check it out. I'm reading the Anita Blake series right now and love them!!!!!!! i have also read many by black-lace and their book are raunchy and hit every spot! I really like the southern vampire series those are more a mystery book then erotic but still very good non the less!

What else have you read?

oh god any Anita Blake books make my juice flow -- Oh hell even her Merry Gentry books are hot

i am getting into J.D.Robb it is Nora Roberts writing under a pseudonym( false name) and it is set in like 2060 or something -- not erotic but a good read none the less
 
oh god any Anita Blake books make my juice flow -- Oh hell even her Merry Gentry books are hot

i am getting into J.D.Robb it is Nora Roberts writing under a pseudonym( false name) and it is set in like 2060 or something -- not erotic but a good read none the less

I'm a huge Nora fan...haven't read any of her J.D.Robb stuff yet. I'll have to look into Anita Blake, she sounds really really good!
 
I'm a huge Nora fan...haven't read any of her J.D.Robb stuff yet. I'll have to look into Anita Blake, she sounds really really good!

both are excellent to read -- Laurell K. Hamilton is the author for both the Anita Blake series and the Merry Gentry stuff( this is not really vampy but it is other worldly[elves and magic and that stuff]) -- hit amazon -- they do alot of ...if you buy this book we will give you this one at a discount or free shipping --

The J.D. Robb is futuristic not sexy like some -- but still throws it in there to keep you on your toes
 
both are excellent to read -- Laurell K. Hamilton is the author for both the Anita Blake series and the Merry Gentry stuff( this is not really vampy but it is other worldly[elves and magic and that stuff]) -- hit amazon -- they do alot of ...if you buy this book we will give you this one at a discount or free shipping --

The J.D. Robb is futuristic not sexy like some -- but still throws it in there to keep you on your toes

I will definitely look for both series. I need some new reading material!
 
I've got a few Laurell K. Hamilton books, but what I really, really love is Charlaine Harris- her "Dead" series with Sookie Stackhouse is wonderful! There's a new one coming out in May, and I can't wait! Totally fell onto the first book "Dead Until Dark" at the library and I am so glad that I found it! There is a TV series coming out on HBO called "True Blood" starring Anna Paquin based on the "Dead" books too!
 
Oh!! Oh man...this is so cool, I'm gonna go find all my paranormals and come right back...:):D:):D
 
Ok...first off, I have to say that I loved the Nora Roberts series...think it was called the Sisters Trilogy...had to keep going back to the book store to buy the next one, and the next...very, very good. It was about three sisters, each of them a witch and gifted with different powers over water, wind, fire, etc... and how they all come back together to fight the ultimate evil power, or something along those lines...it's been awhile since I read them, and can't find them now. Shoot, now I'm gonna have to hunt them down and re-read them, which I do periodically with all my 'good' books...lol.:D
 
OOO I agree i love the Sookie series!! i'm excited about teh new one comming out soon. I also am in love with the Real vampire have curves/live large Glory St. Clair series those are amazing! I'm reading the second Anita Blake book and i can't put it down its really a awesome book!

I love that everyone has so many book!! i'm excited keep the cumming!! i know i will get a list of those i have read and love....its a lot ;)
 
I haven't read any of the "Real Vampires Have Curves" books, but I have heard good things- I've read the Sookie Stackhouse books so many times... I can't even pick a hunky man for Sookie to end up with! Bill? Eric? Alcide? Quinn? Sam? You know, she has so many good options!!!
 
mmmm i still have a sore spot in my heart for Eric after the book when he lost his memory...and i mean i think Bill did really love her but i don't know its soooo hard to choose!
 
mmmm i still have a sore spot in my heart for Eric after the book when he lost his memory...and i mean i think Bill did really love her but i don't know its soooo hard to choose!

I hear you on the Eric point- he does seem to be rather enchanted with Sookie... and Bill loved her, but he hurt her really badly! Alcide is still on the rebound, and I don't know... And Quinn just seems ideal- I love how he's a tiger ;) hehe On Charlaine Harris' website, she says that maybe her readers haven't met the man that Sookie will end up with! That's exciting! I've got to reread the series before the new one comes out! *sigh* Sookie is a lucky girl!
 
I know right?!?!!??!?! i wish i had the luck she does with men!! I would kill for men and some women to be falling all over me like she has her...alas i only have my husband...but what can i say...he's a werewolf in the sack. ;)
 
I found this book at a large used book store we have here...it's by Nalini Singh.."Slave to Sensation". Very futuristic in that there is a Psy race in which the ruling Psy will punish their people for showing any sign of emotion or desire, it's bred out of them, and revealing any feelings will sentence them to rehabilitation...the psychic erasing of all that they are...The heroine has feelings and emotions that mark her as flawed, and she must hide them, to avoid punishment.

Another race, living in a parallel society of changelings, both human and animal, the hero is the opposite, hungry for emotion... and after several changelings are murdered, the hero is trying to find the killer. The two come together, and it is a very erotic story, where the two have to overcome the differences in their respective races, and must make a choice...

There is a another book in the series, called "Visions of Heat" that I have been unable to find...although it's been a while since I've looked... just looking over this book again makes me want to re-read it!
 
I can't believe no one has mentioned Christine Feehan. Her "Dark" series is all about vamps. Her Drake Sisters books are about seven sisters with magical powers. Her "Game" series is about men and women with extraordinary mental powers. If you go to her website : christinefeehan.com, you can read the first chapter of many of her books. Trust me, she's gooood!

Another really good author is Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her Dark Hunter / Dream Hunter series has it all: gods, demons, shapeshifters, vamp type creatures. I got to meet her last summer. She's a really cool author who will stick around at a signing until all fans have had a chance to meet and greet.

I also adore Nora Roberts and in addition to the Three Sisters Trilogy recommended by SKM, I'd like to suggest the following:

In the Garden : Blue Dahlia, Black Rose, Red Lilly
The Key Trilogy: Key of Light, Key of Knowledge and Key of Valor
The Circle Trilogy: Morrigan's Cross, Dance of the Gods, The Valley of Silence

And when you've finished those, you can start the newest one in her Circle of Seven trilogy: Blood Brothers.

Happy reading - and thanks VG for starting this. I'm always on the prowl for good reading material. Off to the library now!
 
Another really good author is Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her Dark Hunter / Dream Hunter series has it all: gods, demons, shapeshifters, vamp type creatures. I got to meet her last summer. She's a really cool author who will stick around at a signing until all fans have had a chance to meet and greet.

Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of the most amazing women. She's such a sweetie and her books are great. looking forward to Ash in the summer!

Now, my recommend for a hot erotica vampire series which is a little bit....darker than most things I've read as the author isn't afraid to write about certain issues - bisexuality and BDSM being just two:

J.R. Ward's Brotherhood series. *bites lip and fans self* lol :eek:

So far in the series:

Dark Lover
Lover Eternal
Lover Awakened
Lover Revealed
Lover Unbound (my personal fave!)

also the author Kresley Cole too ;)
 
I don't thes quite fall into erotic per say, but she can write some great scenes.

Lynsay Sands---The Argeneau series...There are 9 books so far follwing the members of the Argeneau Family of Vampires
A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single White Vampire
Tall, Dark and Hungry
A Bite to Remember
Bite Me if You Can
The Accidental Vampire
Vampires are Forever
Vampire, Interrupted

I've read a couple of these books, I'd like to get some more!!

Another really good author is Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her Dark Hunter / Dream Hunter series has it all: gods, demons, shapeshifters, vamp type creatures. I got to meet her last summer. She's a really cool author who will stick around at a signing until all fans have had a chance to meet and greet.


Happy reading - and thanks VG for starting this. I'm always on the prowl for good reading material. Off to the library now!

I really like the Sherrilyn Kenyon books, too! They are hot!!

Yes, thanks VampGirl for starting this thread and for starting me on Ten Visions by Olivia Knight!!
 
Yep, I love Christine Feehan, too, and Sherrilyn Kenyon...and I loved the other Nora Roberts series mentioned earlier...I've read most of those too. Another author's series I like is Angela Knight Master series...Master of the Night, Master of the Moon, Master of Wolves...

And in another fantasy genre about an ancient race of beings called Nightwalkers, is a book by a fairly new author, Jacquelyn Frank, called Jacob. The sequel is called Gideon, in which the Nightwalkers live along side humans, in a shadowy world of their own. There might be another sequel by now, I imagine...These are both great books, and very erotic...intense.
 
I'm making a list right now of some of these others to take to the bookstore now...It's nice that they have their own section for paranormal romance, not so much searching around for what you want.:)
 
I'm making a list right now of some of these others to take to the bookstore now...It's nice that they have their own section for paranormal romance, not so much searching around for what you want.:)

oooo you are lucky we don't have that at our book store!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn!!!!!!

hey man everyone is very welcome i love reading new books i am reading the anita blake series and i'm sure i'll be busy with that for a long time there are like 10 books or something and they are really intense not really sex drivin.....yet but intense non the less.

anyone have any fave sex scenes from books! if so decribe them!
 
taking up from Shykittyme's post -

I love Angela Knight! The first few in her Mageverse series are great, and very hot;)

Jacki Frank, well she is wonderful too, and a lovely person (I run a paranormal romance message board and she stops by sometimes, as does JR Ward). The books in her Nightwalkers series so far are:

Jacob
Gideon
Elijah
Damien (due for release June 08)
Noah (due for release Sept 08)

As for the Anita Blake series, well there are so many sex scenes I liked:eek: LOL

two that really stick in mind...okay three...

When Anita first meets Micah (who is one of my fave characters and doesn't appear until book 10), he has amazing girth and well, there is a shower scene that caused a lot of problems and complaints.

Another one - Jean Claude, Anita and Asher threesome. Nuff said:D

and finally a Micah, Anita and Nathaniel threesome.

I'm waiting for the new book, Blood Noir, hopefully we get to see asher training anita to top Nathaniel.
 
Back
Top