The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Winter Holidays Contest Support Thread

100000hitshomer.gif

Yes ladies and gentlemen the #1 Thread in AHland has now received over 100,000 views!

Why not visit
A.I.R today?

Note to newbies:

70,000 of those views on the fake thread are from scouries and his alt. Can we say sore fingers? :D

Now back to the one and only Real Contest thread.

Apologies for not paying attention and allowing the scumbag to slap his reeking offal at the top of the page.

The soupcon of GM is going to make category an issue. Put it in GM and all the other aspects bring it down. Put GM in the others and....

I did that in one of my earliest stories. It has never gone higher than 3.37, and the comments were vicious. Like LW vicious. Don't do it.

70,000 hits are scouries the other 30,000 are TX and others telling him what an idiots he is.

Congrats!

Can you ban all his fake threads over there?

Dunno...I'm currently using the Forums from my mobile, and I've just noticed it now. My time here will be bumpy at best from now on.

You won't believe it but that's the first idea that crossed my mind. :D

Loads of threads will be under my scanner ;)

I daydream about the day we hear he's been run over by a truckload of porta-potties on their way to be emptied after Oktoberfest.

You're being nice: Oktoberfest/ beer festivals are a great source for diluted, clear urine. On the other hand, State and County Fairs produce a more viscous, darker blend in porta potties due to dehydration and over-indulgence on fried everything.
Research by Andy Gump.
:)

You're being nice: Oktoberfest/ beer festivals are a great source for diluted, clear urine. On the other hand, State and County Fairs produce a more viscous, darker blend in porta potties due to dehydration and over-indulgence on fried everything.
Research by Andy Gump.

I think it should be the porta potties from Ozfest

Research by Andy Gump.

I was thinking warm beer, sauerkraut, and those horkin' big sausages.

A few hours later, that's probably something along the lines of a bunker buster bomb going off.

The soupcon of GM is going to make category an issue. Put it in GM and all the other aspects bring it down. Put GM in the others and....

It really will be a soupcon, implied rather than described. I think.

I was trying to make this a <10k story, but I'm almost 5k in and the action hasn't even started yet.

Yep, GM can be a minefield. It seems to go over better in group than anywhere else, but just barely.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't write what you want to, but you should be aware of the Lit readership's quirks before you post. It presents the distinct possibility of score bombing and nasty commentary.

On the other hand, there's probably a starving readership hidden beneath all that who don't get many treats because of the hostile environment. May not be enough to offset the haters, but could result in some really good feedback from those neglected readers.

I'm thinking the MFM may not be too popular anyway. In the top 20 of Group Sex, I think only one story features more Ms than Fs.

Hidden readership or sign of low demand?

I did that in one of my earliest stories. It has never gone higher than 3.37, and the comments were vicious. Like LW vicious. Don't do it.

Noted. Scared now.:eek:

Mind, I'm still getting bombs for the VD effort (latest with the comment 'Crapola' :D).

I'm thinking the MFM may not be too popular anyway. In the top 20 of Group Sex, I think only one story features more Ms than Fs.

Hidden readership or sign of low demand?

It's always been six of one, half a dozen of another for me.

Codes-Title-Score-Votes-Views-PCs-Favs

(MMMFFF) Center Piece 4.67 445 62986 13 20

(MMF) All the Perks 4.56 421 85260 3 20

(MFF) Diamond Valentine 4.79 375 36624 3 27

(MFF) Diggin' It 4.63 630 46109 7 13

(MMF) Double Booked 4.56 972 83338 12 33

(MMF) Double Dip 4.68 416 76015 6 33

(MFF) Due 4.69 299 52817 3 7

(MMF) Helping Hands 4.58 355 81482 10 12

(MMF) Nailed 4.57 467 133817 9 14

(MMF) Wish of Jeanie 4.59 589 87872 13 13

My very first story on LitE was a MMF which I posted in Group Sex but with a warning about the GM content at the top. It's done surprisingly well and the comments were all nice. My Nude Day story (Anal) had a gay character but I wrote a line at the top saying there was no GM sex described. This got me a compliment from a reader, and no one balked at the GM sex being implied.

So I think you can get away with GM in some of other categories (implied or actual), as long as you're up front about what the content is.

I think I have a bunny, at what point I'll be done is another story.

This contest comes up too quickly.

For the authors here who have been writing for years and have a lot of unfinished stories they can pick up and finish up or have dozens or more stories "banked" its no big deal.

But for us who write as we go amongst other Real life endeavors and life itself, this one is right on top of Halloween.

Granted there is a longer time to submit, but that just tells me it could wait at least another week to start.

The winners get a little bit of a raw deal as well, not a lot of time to have their names on the front page compared to other contests.

I might be able to finish my first sibcest story in time. Sibling Spies. Little sis joins big bro's elite military unit. It's funny and adventurous. Just trying to figure out how to toss in some true love and finding a soul mate.

I might be able to finish my first sibcest story in time. Sibling Spies. Little sis joins big bro's elite military unit. It's funny and adventurous. Just trying to figure out how to toss in some true love and finding a soul mate.

You may need a few snowflakes too. ;)

Just to be sure...."Black Friday" would fall into the category correct? Biggest shopping day of the year for Christmas?

Just to be sure...."Black Friday" would fall into the category correct? Biggest shopping day of the year for Christmas?

It would work for me. It may not be an official holiday but it's definitely an event.

It would work for me. It may not be an official holiday but it's definitely an event.

Just was unsure if it ties into "winter" To me id does really kick off the Christmas season, but not sure what others think.

Just was unsure if it ties into "winter" To me id does really kick off the Christmas season, but not sure what others think.

I think it's close enough, really, although what I think doesn't quite matter. It's what Laurel thinks. Or perhaps what the readers think. :)

To me, this holiday season is a bit like summer. For a lot of people, summer is Memorial Day to Labor Day, and of course Memorial Day is still three weeks from the start of summer. For the "winter" season, I tend to think that anymore, "Black Friday" kind of kicks of winter because they tie it into Christmas even though again, there's three+ weeks left until the start of winter.

And then there's the whole Southern hemisphere thing where Christmas is in the summer. :)

Considering people care more about Black Friday than Thanksgiving these days, I'm certain it would fit with the theme.

Personally, I never leave my house on Black Death Day. It is humanity at it's absolute worst. I have no desire to get in fights to save ten dollars nor do I wish to deal with all the moron drivers.

Back