Bethothed.....

Andrew laughed a little and purposely bumped into her, pushing her sideways a little. "Aye, ye are right with that, but a race is more about the horse. I'm not about te lose twice in competitions where it is the person's skills. So, prepare te lose." He smiled over at her as they entered the keep.
 
Brinna laughed with him and nudged him back as they entered things once again calm between them. When she looked for her father in the crowed tho the meal had ended and the servents were already cleaning up.. one man however was new and appeare to be a messanger as her father held a letter in his hands and was reading it over.. a frown upon his face.

She looked over at Andrew and said. Somethin is a miss .. i wonder what it could be... Mayhap the english are on the move again.. She walked with Andrew twords her father hoping to discover what was happining..
 
Andrew smiled as he entered the keep. The meal was over and things were being cleaned up. However, Andrew's smiled faded when he saw the messenger. The man was covered in dirt and mud so he didn't recognise him at all though it was possible it was one of his clan's messengers. What was certain was that the man did not look very happy. He nodded at Brinna and followed her over to her father to find out what was wrong.
 
Brinna's father looked up from the message Sorra lad tis fer ye, i read it on account i didna wish ta interupt the two o ye unless twas an emergancy i was just about ta send somone fer ye when i looked up and ye were here.. He handed it to Andrew and moved to his daughters side pulling her back to give Andrew time to read the massave....
 
Andrew's smile faded completely as he was told the message was for him. He took it and started reading. He frowned as he read the urgent message. Andrew, I regret sending this message. We have recieved news that one of the other clans is planning an attack on us. You need to go to them to deal with the situation. You must return home to help with the defense of the clan. I am sorry son, but we need you here as soon as possible.

Andrew turned to look at Brinna and her father. Her father nodded to him to show he understood. Andrew took Brinna's hand in his and kissed it. "I regret to tell you that my clan needs me now to defend against another clan. They are planning an attack and they really need me. I will leave at first light. I am sorry, but also glad to have seen you again."
 
Brinna nodded as she took in the news that he was leaving I understand and wish ye and yer family well..Send word o yer victory.. and keep yerself alive i'll still be lookin fer that challange when next we meet. she said not sure if she would see him again or not, tho she thought it unlikly for with her brother gone and nether of them willing as of yet to wed he had no reasion to return..

Her father spoke up next and saying Send fer us should ye need aid and our men will join yers.. Fer now i ken yer father is hopin ye can defuse the situation afor it gets that far.. Wit that Brinnas father left to seek his bed and suggested that they do the same.
 
Last edited:
Andrew nodded to her and smiled. "I will be careful. Next time we meet we will have that challenge, and I will win. If it looks like we need help ye will be one of the first we ask. Hopefully it will not be needed though. For now, I should rest. I have a long, hard ride in the morning." He kissed her hand once more before starting to walk toward his room.
 
Brinna watched him go and stood there for a few moments before seeking her own chamber for the night, her hand still warm and tingling a bit from where he had kissed it.. a small smile lit her features as for a moment she wondered if she had fallen for the man..

She liked him that much she knew and respected the fact that he had been honest with her, on all points including why he had not been there the day the english had attacked. The Iorny in it all was that he was leaving on the morrow and there was no time to be sure of her feelings nor would she keep him from going to a call to arms.

Brinna Brushed out her hair and braided it for bed.. Her old nurse helped her to remove her gown and dress for bed. She didnt ushually need the help but it made the old nurse feel usefull and gave her something to do.

Brinna curled up under the covers and wondered if she would ever see Andrew again after the morrow, and if these feelings would build over time or lessen and go away.. How would she feel if he married another she wondered and found she didnt like the idea much.. but that was a worrie for another day... for now it was time to sleep

She rolled over and adjusted her pillow and tryed to get comfortable... and not long after soon fell into a deep sleep..

She woke in the morning and dressed in her leggings under tunic, Shirt and Vest.. Her short sword belted at her waist the cap she ushually wore tucked into the side of the belt... Her bow and quiver of arrows over her sholder as she joined her father on the steps of the great hall to bid Andrew a swift and sucessful journy.
 
Andrew got ready for bed and climbed in. He was worried about the trouble back home, but it did not prevent him from thinking about Brinna. She was definitely a nice girl. He was unsure of exactly how he felt about her. He knew she was a friend and he would have to return to see her again. He did like spending time with her and talking to her. He decided to return after he was done at home to figure out how he actually felt about her.

He drifted off to sleep and woke just before dawn. He dressed in good riding clothes and made sure he was set for anything he might encounter on the way. He then went to the kitchen to pack some food for his journey. Once ready he had his horse brought to the main steps of the great hall. When he got outside Brinna and her father were there. He smiled at both of them and shook hands with the older man. He stood in front of Brinna smiling. "Well, it has been a nice couple days. Thankyou for being such a good hostess. I must be leaving. I hope you stay well and strong."
 
Aye... well ye are welcome here... our doors are open to ye, may the gods bless ye, and keep ye, and yers Brinna said thinking of his family and friends and hoping that he would find everything well upon his return tho knowing that there was much he had yet to do..

She watched as he mounted she waved and her father crossed his arms, and watched his daugther... a half smile forming on his face. He knew she had fallen for the man but he also knew not to press her just yet, or she would deny it and fight it... Where do ye go this day daughter? he asked insted..

Hunting.. we got a few deer yester eve, but the summer ends soon and fall will soon be upon us.. i'd like ta stock as much game as we can afore the heards move on..

Her father nodded, and asked her to take a horn with her should she venture alone as she normaly did upon there lands. He knew she could defend herself but it bothered him a bit that her last suter had yet to retalieate...

He had ment to speak with Andrew about it when he returned to the keep last night, but then the message arrived, and he didnt want to add to the Lads worries.. No man could be in two places at once...

He watched Brinna walk away now twords the stables to ready her own horse.. and then went inside to day was the day he would sit judgment and listen to the villagers complaints and solve disputes... ect..

Brinna gathered some of the other hunters together and sent a few off in one direction or another to set snairs and traps for smaller game such as rabbits, Squarrles ect... She also had them take Bows and arrows for protection as well as hunting larger game if they happened across it.... Each including herself had a horn and each took a section of the woods.

..........................................

Do ye see him wi her ta day??? A scout asked of his compangion.. Nay it appeares as she's alone... well watch a bit longer ta be sure afore we tell Cregan.. i'll no be skinned fer given false information.. The other nodded in agreement and they continued to watch Brinna progress threw the woods..

Once they were sure she was alone in this section of the woods and that the man they had seen her with the day before was nowhere to be seen or joining her.. They returened to there camp to inform Cregan that she was indeed hunting alone this time..

Cregan nodded he intended to teach that she devil exactly where her place was.. She belonged in a mans bed not in mens clothing..
 
Last edited:
Andrew smiled and nodded to Brinna. He then mounted his hourse and made sure everything was set. Once her was ready he kicked his horse into a good run out of the village. It would be a hard ride, but he knew that if he limited breaks he could [ush his horse just enough to get home in only one day. He knew his horse was strong and knew he would be able to make it.

By the time Brinna was out hunting Andrew was long past ear shot of any horns. He was already galloping North, cutting through forests when they were thin enough to use as short cuts. They helped him make good time. Yet, while he rode he got a bad feeling that something was not right. Not with him, but with someone close to him. He assumed that it was his family in trouble and it pushed him to get home even faster.
 
Brinna dismounted and moved forward silently.. she was in a glen not far from the river maybe about a mile or two from where she and Andrew had spotted the 4 deer the day before.. She was pleased to find the rest of the heard still near by, and that they had not yet moved on..

She drew her bow over her sholders and removed an arrow from the quiver at her back prepairing to take aim and fire... When she spun bringing her arms up to block the blow comming her way standing in the process so she wasnt at a disadvangae in a kneeling position..

She didnt know what had alerted her to the attack for she hadnt heard a thing, just simply a feeling had come over her.. she pushed back with all her might against her attacker throwing him off balance long enough for her to draw her short sword.. and 3 others to setp forward out of the trees surronding her... One she recognized well as he was the one who had nearly run her and the boy over in the road. Cregan... she said..

Aye.. I've come ta teach ye yer place lass.. I'd drop that wee wepon o yers were i ye.. yer out numbered and theres no on about ta give aid.. Thats what he thought she said to herself he hadnt yet noticed the horn at her side as it was hidden by the cap still tucked in her belt.

He advanced twords her then and she brought her sword up in warning.. Come now lass ye dont want ta play a mons game ye'll lose.. He said drawing his own blade in the process.. His men made a small lose circle around them laughing..

As she and Cregan's swords met however there laughter ended and had to admire the lass's courage and skill tho not the best she was at least holding her own.. When finaly she did land a blow slicing Cregan's face she didnt move back quickly enough and was back handed For a moment all she saw was patches of black and white spots..

She felt herself fly back words and hit the ground, She shook herself .. trying to maintain her thinking.. Now was her chance.. She grabbed for the horn at her waist and blew it, help was on its way if they hadnt heard the sword play already they would hear that..... She rolled to her feet as Creagan begain comming for her again one of his men moving behind her to grab her.. Ye bloody Bitch... ye'll pay fer this..

As his man grabbed her from behind and Cregan reached her an arrow shot between him and Brinna lodging its self into a tree next to them.. Some of the huntsmen near by setting snares had heard the sword play long before Brinna blew her horn and had begun moving in that direction..

Cregan's men had been so intent on the Battle between Brinna and Cregan that they had been foolish enough not to watch around them.. and soon found them selves surrounded by hunters whith arrows pointed. Release our Lady and leave this land... Els be dropped where ye stand...

Cregan nodded to his men and said. I dunna think ye'll fire.. and en if ye do yer lady will die first.. Even as he spoke Brinna dropped using her elbow as she slid from the man holding hers arms to hit him in the groin causing him to double over.. The hunters Fired as soon as she was clear... only Cregan escaped...

Are ye alright Lady Brinna? One of the hunters asked.. She knew his name but for the life of her at the moment she couldnt think of it.. Her breathing was hard and fast.. a feeling with wich she knew would pass in time for it was simply the excitment of all that had happened.. Aye.. i am no seariouly injured.. come let us return ta the keep.. from now on no one hunts alone.. well take partys fer now until we know Cregan poses no more threat..

As soon as Gram heard of what happened in the woods he agreed with Brinnas orders and doubled there guard as well as the partols around there lands incase the fool Cregan decided to try an attack on the keep. Tho he didnt think the man would be foolish enough to do so.. precaution was the better part of Valor even in the best of times.

That night Brinna went to bed a bruse on her face was all that she had suffered but she was well aware of how much worse it could have been had Cregan not decided to toy with her and just abduct her right out..

She shivered at the thought and then her thoughts turned to Andrew wondering how he had found his family upon his return... if he had pushed hard she knew that he would have reached them by now..
 
Last edited:
Andrew rode hard to get home. Late in the afternoon he made it to his clan's lands. Not to long after that he rode into the keep and dismounted from his horse. His horse was exhausted and he let a stable boy take him away after he got his saddle bags. He stode into the keep to find that his family was ok and had been all day. He wondered if he'd had the bad feeling about Brinna, but she would have been fine as well. Her clan had not heard anything about any attacks, as far as he knew. He would talk to his family in the morning. The only thing he asked was about the talks with the other clan. Apparently they might be able strike a deal and not lose any land. Andrew hoped that was the case. He then went to bed to sleep after the long day.
 
The next morning when Andrews little sister found out he was home she escaped from her nurse maid and went in search of him.. Finding him still in his chamber she giggled and came running in ANDREW ... ANDREW... Yer HOME... she said running to the side of his bed and jumping up and down. I missed you .. how was your trip...Andrew wake up!
 
Last edited:
Andrew woke in the morning with the sound of his sister yelling in his ear. He sat up and smiled at her. He reached over and gave her a big hug. He kissed her cheek and rubbed her head a little. "Aye, little one. I'm back. Sounds like ye missed me. Come, lets go to breakfast and ye can tell me everything that ye did while I was gone." Andrew got up and dressed. He then carried his sister to the dining room so they could get breakfast. The rest of the family showed up soon. Andrew didn't wait for the questions. He told them about what had happened and that he liked Brinna, but was not sure how he felt exactly. He would try to figure it out later.
 
His sister sat near him telling him everything she had done while he was away just as he had suggested... his father mother and Twin joined him them at table as well. His brothers wife was expecting there first and was still having trouble with morning sickness.. tho she would join them later at the noon meal..

When they finnished eating His mother took his little sister back to her waiting nurse and left the men to discuss there plans..
 
Andrew, his brother, and father all moved to the tactical room. It contained all their maps and books of information about the battle tactics of other clans. They took out the maps and then they filled Andrew in on all that had happened. They started talking and decided that a show of force might help with making the deal. Andrew would be the one to lead the troops on the defensive line.

After talking for a while they decided on a plan. They would station more troops at their defensive fort near the border with the rival clan. They would also camp troops in numerous places near the border. The troops would prepare themselves that day and head out in the morning. Andrew also spent most of the day preparing himself for the show of defensive strength. He laid out battle plans for many different situations in case the other clan decided to attack.
 
Cregan angry and injured decided to pay a call on an english negbor of his... One who would be interested in a battle with the Buchanan's and who wanted reveng on the Buchanan's already for his brothers death in the previous battle with them.

It would take them a few days to prepair if the english man joined him against them. His own men were already prepaired. He cursed himself for not having his men move in sooner and just taking her that day in the woods rather than toying with her as he had... His cheek would scar and be a constent reminder of the woman who had put it there.. The Buchanan holdings should have been his... and would be yet.. if the english agreed to his terms..
 
Andrew went to bed that night and woke early in the morning. He gathered his things and waited for the soldiers to assemble in front of the keep. Once they were ready he left for the border of Mackay lands. Behind him was a large number of good highland warriors. Each of them carried a claymore on their back. They all wore the Mackay tartan. It made Andrew proud.

After a couple hours they neared the border fort. He then sent off men to their various areas. he himself stayed in the defensive fort. He made sure it was obvious that they were boosting their forces on the border so that hopefully the talks with the other clan would go better.He just hoped everything went well and they did not end up with a bloddy feud with the other clan. Scots needed to be united to fight the English. The English would win if the clans fought eachother.
 
4 days past sence Andrew had left and the attack on Brinna had taken place, and no sign of Cregan or his men had been spotted. Gram however did not let down there guard and contined to have the men hunt in groups and to patrol often..

He expected word in a day or two from Andrew letting him know how he and his people had faired in there own endevors. Liard... the wever arrives with his cart and some fabrics fer ye and lady Brinna ta look or.. The wever... they wernt expecting him for another week.. Have the guards search the wagon carefully as a precaution.. we'll be along shortly.

Brinna saw her father rise she had been across the room just comming from the kitchens she was in the Blue gown Andrew had last seen her in as it was nearly time for the evenng meal and had not heard what the guard had said.

Her father saw her and motioned for her to join him.. She moved quickly to his side and walked with him out to the baliy as he explained. When they arrived the guards informed them that the wagon was clean and all it held was fabrics.. which her father had Brinna inspect to decide which should be purchesed for blankets, sheets, clothing, ect.. The wever was in turn asked to stay the night as it was becoming dark and there would not be time for him to return safly to his home. The wever accepted..

That night Brinna was awakened by the sound of a call to arms.. She jumped from her bed quickly pulling on her leggings under tunic, tunic and vest.. she grabbed her sword and rushed down the hall looking over the bannaster to see the keep was under attack... how had they gotten in?? The wever ... She spotted him not far from her down the stairs she grabbed him by the shirt and halled him up to face her... How could you??? Where is my father??

The wever pointed to where her father was stammering his reply.. I am sorry lady the invaded my home and threatened my wife and children.. i had no choice... Brinna looked to where he pointed and saw her father in the middle of battle and assessed the situation.. she recognized Cregans men, and a look of disgused crossed her features as she noted they were fighting along side the english dogs ..

She engaged in the battle fighting her way twords her father along the way she caught hold of two others. she trusted and knew could handle themselves . Ean and Allard.. Get word Ta the MacKay's ride hard and quick let none stand in yer way.. tell them we have fallen ta the english and that they fight with Cregan ... she didnt get his clans name out but they knew who he was and would get the message threw..

Brinna continued to fight her way to her father... but in the end the Battle was lost, and both she and her father were taken prisoner. She relenquised her blade only when they threatened to kill her father infront of her.. dropping it to the ground at the Englishmans feet.. I see what you were talking about Cregan... she has a defanate fire that needs tamed... i may just keep her myself... Brinna spit in his face and recived a slap in return.

Yell no touch me daughter while i live.. her father charged the man and died before ever reaching him.. Brinna dropped to her knees and cryed before being taken above to be locked in her chamber.

......................................................

Ean and Allard pushed there horses hard and made it to the MacKay holdings that next morning.. there horses exausted and ready to fall from having been pushed so hard.. both men had been wounded in there escape to bring word to the MacKay's.. only to find that the men were still away defending there own boarders but were expected back any day.
 
Last edited:
A few days later Andrew got a bad feeling again. The next day he still felt sick and did not know why. He could just tell that someone was in danger. Then he saw his father riding hard with many more troops. When his father arrived he told him the message that had arrived the previous night. "Andrew! Brinna's family has been attacked. The English joined forces with this rival clan. They were betrayed and the enemy was let into their keep. They need help."

When Andrew heard the news he was devastated. he was even surprised by how worried he was. He knew shat the bad feeling had been. Then he realised he had to go help her. He loved her and needed to rescue her. He looked at his father and stood from his chair. "I must go father. I love her. I know now that I love her. She needs my help now. I can tell you intend to retaliate on the enemy clan, but I must go to Brinna now." His father nodded and Andrew rushed out to his horse. He brought a small group of men with him. They rode hard toward the Bucchannon keep. They arrived late at night and his men went to scout the keep to figure out their plan of attack.
 
Brinna herself had yet to be brought before or taken to ether man who had attacked her home for the simple reasion that they were now arguing among themselves.. the servents however had not been so lucky.. The men had been beaten or killed and the women worse... as often happened in battle.

In the great hall the two men argued...

You gave yer word, but then i should ha known that the English couldnt keep it.. The english man sat back in the chair he was in and smiled his own men out numberd the scots 2 to 1 so he wasnt worried.

I kept my word the Buchanan holdings are yours, as spoils of war.. .... but i am taking the lass with me on the morrow and retrurning to england.. I want her at my mercy where she has no allies who might aid her..

Cragens hand hit the table.. Nay i owe that bitch fer the insult she gave me and the wound ta my face.... She is mine.. The englishman sat up then the smile on his face now gone a cold look in his eyes...

Careful Cragen... it was you who came to me.. else you never would have made it this far.. Her father and the lass herself killed sevral of your men, and it is I who now hold the upper hand.... i wouldnt push this issue were i you.. Forget the lass and be content.. besideds twas you who killed her father before he reached me... Let that be your revenge upon her..

One of the passing servents in the hall who happened to be refilling there ale had over heard the whole argument thus far and hadnt been noticed yet.. She stepped back into the shadows in the hall hoping to hear more and stay un noticed if she could she would warn Brinna or see about escaping herself and seeking aid.

Cregen knew he had lost this argument, and tho he wasnt happy about it in the end agreed the lass was the Englishmans... and the Buchanan holdings now his. The english man stood and left the hall intent on finding Brinna and informing her that she would be taken to england with him in the morning....

Cragen watched him go, before seeing a serving wench in the distance he called her over ... and smiled as she paled.. There was no one else in the hall save some of his own men and they wouldnt stop him... rather they would cheer him on..

He grabbed the wench the picture of ale dropping from her hands to shatter on the floor as he took her on the table there in the hall. If he couldnt have Brinna he would satisfi his needs else where... Get used ta it wench ye and yer people are mine now..

.....................

Brinnas door had been locked from the outside sence her capture.. she had changed from the blood stained tunic and leggings into a clean pair of brown leggings, white under tunic, white long sleeved tunic and brown vest... Her long black hair had come lose from its braid and tendrels escaped here and there outlining her face...

She had no wepons as they had been taken from her, and she paced her chamber.. Hearing the lock on the door turn she summrised that they must have decided what they were going to do with her.. She stood facing the door as the englishman entered..

Her Violet eyes narrowed, her anger showed. She had given in to shock and greif when her father had been killed before her but had it somewhat under control... Her face was still brused not only from the attack in the woods the day Andrew left but from the fact that the englishman had happend to hit her in the same spot.. Else it would have healed already.

The englishman locked the door behind him as he faced Brinna.. Ahhh so beautiful and so proud.... he said walking twords her his hand raised as if he would touch her... Brinna slapped his hand away.. Dana.. touch me... what do ye want English ??

The English man smiled... as he replyed but he didnt try to touch her again.. not yet not here once he had her in his home however... Why the awncer is simple... I want you.... Tho..You say English as tho it is a curse... I assure you that you will learn different..

At Brinnas wary and questioning look he continued.. I intend to take you to england i have many more men at arms there and can be assured that you will have no allies to aid you....

Brinna took a swing and tryed to punch him but it was caught in his grasp and he pulled her closer.. holding her to him and pinning her arms.. I'll no go any place with ye.. She stated as she struggled. He shook her a bit not enough to hurt her but just enough to get her attention..

When she stood still in his arms he said.. Ohh but you will you have no choice in the matter.. such fire he thought with that he Kissed her deep and hard.. before he allowed her to shove him away... he laughed as he left the room locking her in once more..

Brinna cursed and paced her chamber once more her hands shaking Andrew where are you?.. she thought... did my messangers reach you?? were you killed in battle and i was too late?? I know now that i do love you... i thought it was just friendship but now ... now i will be taken to england and the only devil who will know where to find me would be Cregan and hed never tell.. Which englishman had me.. Exausted Brinna lay on her bed and fell asleep.

..........................................

Andrews twin Asher followed him by less than an hour with a half the men Andrew had taken as a show of force before, the other half went with there father.. Asher caught up easly enough with Andrew just outside of the Buchanan lands.... So little brother tis about time ye lost yer heart .. ye were there fer me brother when it was me wife who was in danger.. now tis me turn ta return the favor...

Father has taken some men with one of the messangers Brinna sent to guide them in locating the scots holdings who betrayed us all by joining with the english... he says ta tell ye he wants ta meet yer bride as soon as is possable.. Now then Lad where do ye want us positioned.. in this as its yer woman.. i'll follow yer lead... unless ye canna think clearly with her in there...


..... The serving wench left the hall once Cregan and his men had finnished with her and gone to clean up.. tears in her eyes.. she couldnt stay there.. she couldnt do that again.. she had to leave... maybe send back help if she could...

she found a clean gown and chemise and once dressed again in clothing that wasnt torn or soiled she slipped out the servents entrance the guards for the most part ignored her and she was able to slip away easy enough un noticed by all but one who informed the englishman.

. Be on guard.. if she mannages to reach aid i want all my men prepaired ether for an attack to the keep or to our party when we leave on the morrow... no telling what a servent might have heard or not heard.. .. he said then the guard spoke up We could kill her out right sir.. The english man shook his head.. No.. she may have family in the village she is returning to.. have her followed insted.. The guard saluted and went to follow his instructions..
 
Last edited:
Andrew was quite happy when his brother showed up with more men. Even though they had less fighters, they were all good highland warriors. They could take the keep easily. Andrew got back word about where the English were stationed. He then formed a battle plan. They would take the village quietly first, clearing out all enemies from there. Then they would go to the keep. Then a scout reported a serving girl escaping into the woods, but she was being followed. Andrew ordered her followers killed, then the girl brought to him so she could help him by telling him what was happening with Brinna.

When the girl was brought to him he learned that Brinna was locked in her room. The Englishman would take her away in the morning. She also said that the enemy were raping all the women. There was a chance that Brinna had been violated. Andrew felt a few tears come to his eye at that thought. Then he shook his head. He loved her, it didn't matter if she had been violated by the englishman. He would act that night in hopes of saving her before that happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night they went into action. The village fell without any guards being able to warn the keep. In the dark night it was impossible for Andrew and his men to be seen after they had covered themselves in mud. It made it easy for them to approach the keep once the village had been cleared of invaders.

Andrew was lucky when someone showed him a small garden entrance to the keep. It was even unguarded. Apparently the English had not found it. It got all of the highland warriors inside. Then Andrew signaled for everyone to move out to various positions around the building to prepare for the signal. Andrew was snuck into the basement through a servant's door after killing the guard silently.

He moved through the lower floor, killing the few men that were down there without raising an alarm. He had been quite lucky. He made it upstairs and to the main door. There were three guards. He let out the Mackay battle cry as loud as he coud before charging at them. The battle cry was repeated from outside and the doors were busted down. The three guards were killed quickly. Then Andrew's men started to run through the keep to find and kill any English and and of Cregan's men. Andrew sprinted toward Brinna's room as fast as he could. He cut down anyone along his way who held a weapon. He never stopped running.
 
Asher was right behind his brother guarding his back as they ran threw the Keep.. Striking down any who Andrew may have simply wounded in his rush rather than killing. It was when they reached the top of the landing near the stairs a man who could only be the English leader stood blocking there path...Sword in hand and ready for battle.

So, ye must be the scot Cragen spoke of... tho he did na say there were two of you.. wich of you will it be then.... Wich of you is Andrew MacKay??

Asher looked to his brother.. I've got him ye go.. With that Asher engaged the English leader and begain backing him up the stairs and down the hall twords the battlements away from Brinnas door so that Andrew could get to her.

Cregan and his men had heard the battle cry and imedatly took up arms engaging in battle along side what english hadnt already been killed and faced Asher and Andrew's Clansmen..
 
Andrew smiled as his brother started battle with the Englishman. He didn't wait to see what happened. He moved to Brinna's door and saw that it was locked. He stuck it a couple times with the heavy sword. Then he kicked it as hard as he could. He heard the wood splinter and then the door swung open. He rushed inside to see Brinna.
 
Back
Top