100 Words

Love is a funny thing

I might be in love. Or it could be just a infatuation. Who knows?
See, thing is, all these girls I like at university have been getting on well with me and I'm starting to develop all the characteristics of being love. Heck, soon I'll have a sign stuck to my back that says lovestruck, kick me

All I'll have to do then is wait for Cupid to injure me in a drive-by

:rolleyes:
 
Love, Experience

Oh yeah, that Cupid is some asshole kid who likes to whack people upside the head with a slingshot, not a bow. He thinks it's funny when you fall and grab your head or loins. His Mom, old Venus, is some slinky thing who's past it but who's never really grown up herself. Not that she's not bad, mind you—those tight things still look good on her. It's just she's getting old.

So if you like to wear signs like KICK ME, I'M A FOOL FOR LOVE, all right. That's just your way, I guess.

You stupid motherfucker. Dolt.





Note to vd, just in case: Not about you, son. Just how these 100 words came out. You rock, bud.
 
Identifying Him

His job was to do minor maintenance and take care of the lawn. While putting in some shrubs, he noticed two pre-school children playing outside watching him. He suspected they belonged to the woman who rented on the lower floor. He fixed a shaking porch railing for her and she told him she was divorced, or her husband left her. He did not want to get too familiar with them, and today he was behind schedule and had to get home.

"Who's that?" the older girl asked as he walked away.

The younger one with admiration said, "That's somebody's daddy."
 
Finding Out Where She Lives

She told me that her ex-husband found out where she was staying last week and stopped by. I thought she was under some sort of protection and so did she. She said that her ex did a little sweet-talking with her caseworker, who was fool enough to go out to dinner, and even sleep, with him. That was all he needed to get her new address.

"He wanted to see the kids again and I was stopping him. That was his excuse to the caseworker who believed him. He is handsome enough."

That partially explained what happened to her face.
 
Thinking about Absent Friends

I haven't seen Malone since he moved to the Sun. It's tough for me to get there, you know, and I would burn up anyway, but in the postcards he occasionally sends he says he likes it. That's probably true, as I've never seen him sweat. Some people can't, and have to be very careful of their bodies overheating, but that isn't Malone's problem. He just likes it hot.

He sent some photos, but they're so bright I can only view them with #14 welder's goggles and that distorts the color. I'd guess, though, he's got a really great tan.
 
Syrinx

There was a woman in the office whom I greatly admired. Her name was Bethany, and she was much younger. It was her hair, particularly, that attracted me—reddish, soft, even feathery. At times, as when ruffled by a breeze, you would swear there were green highlights underneath, iridescent. Odd, but lovely.

She was the quiet type. I don't remember ever hearing her speak, just soft cooing sounds as she talked on the phone that could barely be heard over the normal noises of the office.

She died tragically, walking into a patio window and snapping her neck. Hollow bones.
 
Physiological Psychology

When I was in college, there was a big deal being made about electrical stimulation of the brain. José Delgado was all over the press talking about his work sticking electrodes into rat brains and charging them with current, which would cause the animals to do different stereotypical things depending on the part of the brain in which the electrode was placed. He wrote a book on his work called The Physical Control of the Mind.

Now, you don't seem to need electrodes for it, Missy, but I tell you—you sure control my mind, and it is sure physical.
 
It was a day so goddamned cold my breath knifed into my lungs. Even with thick socks my boots felt like they were cracking. I had him zipped into my jacket, wearing nearly all his little clothes. Ducking into the wind I whispered "Just a little further, I promise." I thought I could feel his heart beating as I struggled towards town and hopefully a meal at the Church, but the doors were locked, so as I leaned down to whisper we were too late, I kissed his tiny blue face, and left him right there on the steps.
 
I bet you would still wear that starched white hat if they would let you.

People tell me your name tag says Florence Nightingale but I never read covers. I figure it’s the pages between the head shot and headstone that should matter for any self-proclaimed martyr.

I hope you understand my lack of enthusiasm for your story but I prefer mine with margin notes, dog-eared and coffee-stained and yours is written in white. No words. Just the occasional heart used to dot an i or a smiley-face where there used to be an o. I say saviours should always begin at home.
 
Sardines

When I was fourteen, someone put a tin of opened sardines in my desk at school. I'm not sure who or even why they pulled this bizarre stunt. No-one was caught or punished. They were calmly removed by my teacher and thrown away. Looking back, I can think of it being as a warning to those terrible events that happened back then.
 
Some Problems in Biology to Be Worked on by the Reader

"Sit up straight," she says, "you're slumping like a lumpfish."

"How would you know?" I ask, though, embarrassed, I straighten up a little.

"I'm Canadian."

"Lumpfish are Canadian?"

"Most are. Some are Danish. Although," she twists her mouth up in that funny way she does when thinking hard, "then they're stenbider."

"Huh?" I respond, cleverly.

"Stenbider." Impatiently, she pulls on my shoulders, urging me to sit ever more upright. "It's Danish for lumpfish."

Straightening my cyclopteridaic spine, I say, "Turn around."

"OK," she turns, looks over her shoulder at me, smiling prettily, "there. Why?"

"I'm macrobenthic," I say, and reach.
 
“Biology tells.”
“No. That’s breeding.”
“Is that not biology?”
“It is but I thought you were talking about the saying not the meaning behind the saying.”
“I wasn’t talking about anything. I was reading a sign.”
“A metaphoric sign?”
“No, the billboard we just drove by a minute ago.”
“I didn’t see it. What did it have on it?”
“I think it was a tree frog.”
“I did see that one. The frog didn’t say biology tells. It said biology sells.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah.”
“The frog was cute.”
“What was it advertising?”
“I dunno.”
“Me neither. Cool frog though.”
 
Taxonomy

"That wasn't a tree frog," she says, shaking her head. "Not arboreal."

"Ha!" I say, "Not all tree frogs are arboreal."

"Then why are they tree frogs?" she asks, sweetly. She has really nice dimples. Just saying.

"I think it has to do with the genus: Hylidae and Rhacophoridae. If they're classified that way, then they're tree frogs, whether they live in trees or not."

"That doesn't seem right. How can they be tree frogs if they don't live in trees? I mean, that doesn't make any sense, does it?"

"I don't know," I say, looking not at her face.
 
I'll have a go

I'll have a go, drawled with boredom and hope sucked somewhere deep. The puckereed tip of her drew tight, scraping lace as yet hidden from view.
Have a go, please, anything to bring me out of this deathless unsaved pause I have been caught in for weeks, okay years. He approached, pointless yet, scenting through flared nostrils, the temptation of her throat. Touch her? No. Plunge her. Of course. Nothing like ripping into offered meat. She wants more. Empty of all but blind greed for the link of bodies. Hammering steel smiths, breaking form to create that formless gasp into rude ecstasy.
 
christabelll said:
I'll have a go, drawled with boredom and hope sucked somewhere deep. The puckereed tip of her drew tight, scraping lace as yet hidden from view.
Have a go, please, anything to bring me out of this deathless unsaved pause I have been caught in for weeks, okay years. He approached, pointless yet, scenting through flared nostrils, the temptation of her throat. Touch her? No. Plunge her. Of course. Nothing like ripping into offered meat. She wants more. Empty of all but blind greed for the link of bodies. Hammering steel smiths, breaking form to create that formless gasp into rude ecstasy.

Whew!! Thats my favorite kind of sex. Thanks.
 
"You just wanted to use the word arboreal and I think taxonomy is just a form of scientific prejudice.” She looked out the window so he couldn’t see her smile. Her breath fogged up her reflection but she knew he was watching.

“There is a difference between prejudice and classification. Classification allows for greater understanding of species.”

“But what happens when something does not fit into categories?”

“Well, I guess it would be considered a mutation.”

“Exactly.”

More glances in her direction, “We still talking about tree frogs?”

She drew a one-eyed happy face in the condensation. “Were we ever?”
 
christabelll said:
I'll have a go, drawled with boredom and hope sucked somewhere deep. The puckereed tip of her drew tight, scraping lace as yet hidden from view.
Have a go, please, anything to bring me out of this deathless unsaved pause I have been caught in for weeks, okay years. He approached, pointless yet, scenting through flared nostrils, the temptation of her throat. Touch her? No. Plunge her. Of course. Nothing like ripping into offered meat. She wants more. Empty of all but blind greed for the link of bodies. Hammering steel smiths, breaking form to create that formless gasp into rude ecstasy.

I agree with Boo !!

Great pen here ~ very erotic and just steams up the page with, what if's.

Grooowwwllll :catroar:


:rose:
 
blush

Thanks... my first time here :) with that...
Hmmm... sad I have a meeting to go to right now...Be back in a bit to try again!
 
clutching_calliope said:
It’s not that I don’t like hockey, or downhill skiing, or hot chocolate (okay, I don’t like hot chocolate but that has everything to do with chocolate and nothing to do with the cold). I am sick of winter.

Sick. Of. Winter.

I think that deviations such as Christmas and Lent are only diversions to keep us entertained while we shovel the driveway out. Again.

I wave to my mailman who looks like Where’s Waldo. He’s cheering for the Flames to take the Stanley Cup. In the crisp air I can hear him humming the theme to Monday Night Hockey.

I agree with you, Calli. Winter is always a no-no with me, esp over here. I tend to get S.A.D and get all Scrooge-ish

:rose:
 
Back
Top