Transgender Inspiration

is why I love ya :heart:

I love you too, sis!

*hugs*

A new inspirational photo for a new page!

tumblr_mzelt787231rxyvl2o1_1280.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow, just found this and thought it needs to be refreshed, thanks to the original poster for posting such a profound picture. She says it all. Only thing I can add is some of us still want the girl also. Guess we are greedy.

I get all of this, except the non-violence, non-aggressive part. I don't know why. I would expect that it would be a very mighty task indeed to try and be non-violet or non-agressive. Your just regular people. Feel free to lose it. And if you want to look pretty doing it? FAB ! :)
 
If you lived in the late 50s and 60's in a place like New Orleans you maybe could understand about the violence.

Transgendered individuals still face unspeakable violence against them.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/12/two_violent_deaths_in_two_days.html

I'm just hopeful that one day as a species we evolve to a point where a pre-op transgendered person can walk down the street wearing heels and a skirt and people just say "That's cool."
 
Unfortunately Stacy I do not think that as a species humans are capable of eliminating bigotry. All you can hope for is a greater portion of acceptance. We have seen it in the gay and lesbian world. Its not gone but much less. In the 40 plus years of my life things have changed. The hard part for you and yours is it seems even the rest of your community has a hard time accepting you. And the porn industry portrays you in a horrible light so most normal people see you in a distorted light.
 
I wanted to let everyone know that I was contacted by sticky's sister, who informed me that sticky has undergone her surgery and is doing well. She is like a sister to me, and I wish her nothing but the best on her journey.

She's in my thoughts and prayers, and if everyone could take a moment to do the same, I know it would mean so much to her.

Stacy
 
I wanted to let everyone know that I was contacted by sticky's sister, who informed me that sticky has undergone her surgery and is doing well. She is like a sister to me, and I wish her nothing but the best on her journey.

She's in my thoughts and prayers, and if everyone could take a moment to do the same, I know it would mean so much to her.

Stacy

Will do Darlin:)
 
On behalf of sticky, thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

I got myself a sexy new pair of girl shorts today, and I'm in one of those moods.

tumblr_n91dn1vyZX1toosz3o1_500.jpg


tumblr_n9q95wKbKp1s8ie0wo1_500.jpg
 
Stacy TG, stickygirl, and any others

I don't usually post, or even read the threads, just on rare occasions; this is one of them, and have found this thread and stickygirl's compelling. Why?

Not too long ago I read an eye opening book, The Riddle of Gender, by Deborah Rudacille, subtitled "Sceince, Activism, and Transgender Rights.

One of the fascinating things in this book is the interviews with those medically in the know with regard to gender, particualarly Transgenders and Transsexuals.

As I said, I seldom ever read in the threads, and I haven't come across this one before, so if this book has already been mentioned, please forgive me. If it hasn't, or some have missed it, it is an extremely fascinating read. I hope it helps.

Love and peace to all.

w
 
I don't usually post, or even read the threads, just on rare occasions; this is one of them, and have found this thread and stickygirl's compelling. Why?

Not too long ago I read an eye opening book, The Riddle of Gender, by Deborah Rudacille, subtitled "Sceince, Activism, and Transgender Rights.

One of the fascinating things in this book is the interviews with those medically in the know with regard to gender, particualarly Transgenders and Transsexuals.

As I said, I seldom ever read in the threads, and I haven't come across this one before, so if this book has already been mentioned, please forgive me. If it hasn't, or some have missed it, it is an extremely fascinating read. I hope it helps.

Love and peace to all.

w
Hey! Stop calling me compelling! :D I shower every morning
I've heard of that title but not read it yet, but now I will. Thanks for posting, Wistfall

Stacy :heart: :rose:
Thank you for posting and for the kind words. I've still a way to go but the worst is done. I've got another couple of days before we fly home and I can't wait. I will PM you hone :kiss:
 
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119239/transgender-people-can-explain-why-women-dont-advance-work

Exactly ^^ I've been saying this for ages :)

Here's the intro to the article
"Fifty years after The Feminine Mystique and 40 years after Title IX, the question of why women lag in the workplace dogs researchers and lay people alike. While women are entering the professions at rates equal to men, they rise more slowly, and rarely advance to the top. They’re represented in smaller numbers at the top in fields from science to arts to business.

Some suggest that there is something different about women—women have stalled because of their personal choices, or their cognitive and emotional characteristics, whether innate or socialized. Another possibility is that the obstacles to women’s advancement are located within their environments—that they face barriers unique to their gender.1

But while bias has been experimentally demonstrated, it’s hard to study in the real world: Just as it’s hard to isolate a single environmental pollutant’s effect on human health, it’s been near impossible to isolate gender as a variable in the real world and watch how it affects a person’s day-to-day experience.

Until now. Trans people are bringing entirely new ways of approaching the discussion. Because trans people are now staying in the same careers (and sometimes the very same jobs) after they change genders, they are uniquely qualified to discuss the difference between how men and women experience the workplace. Their experience is as close to the scientific method as we can get: By isolating and manipulating gender as a variable and holding all other variables—skill, career, personality, talent—constant, these individuals reveal exactly the way one’s outward appearance of gender affects day-to-day interactions. If we truly want to understand women at work, we should listen carefully to trans men and trans women: They can tell us more about gender in the workplace than just about anyone."
 
Back
Top