Sexual Heath- Questions

Caliber said:
I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you what it shows. But all of your muscles are connected together, and for some odd reason the diaphram (the muscle that contracts and expands your lungs) seems to have a pretty strong connection to the muscle that retracts your testicles.

Ask a guy to cough while peeing (or wait until he gets the flu) and he'll figure out what I mean.

As near as I can tell, the doctor is checking to make sure your nuts move the right way when you cough, proving that you don't have any hernias. Maybe it allows the Doc to feel them better or something.

I dunno. :confused:

thanks for the reply. i'll try what u ask on my guy (even though it may seem unusual :eek: )

anyone else have any ideas so i can avoid the embarrassment? :)

JigglyJoan said:
anyone else have any ideas so i can avoid the embarrassment? :)

'Fraid sometimes the tough questions do come with a wee bit of awkwardness attached. But since it is a medical question, try to look at it in a clinical sense-- it might spare some embarrassment.

Re: Re: Turn your head and cough

JigglyJoan said:
that's what i'd like to know! not being a guy i am curious. what does the dr holding or to your balls and getting you to cough show?

I am not a doctor but when my son was younger he had a hernia. I was curious about the same thing and asked the doctor how he knew, so he showed me. When the doctor held his balls up and he coughed you could actually see the hernia cause the skin in his groin to protrude out, showing where the hernia was. It was almost like a little bubble.

If you cough, you can can feel the downward pressure. I would ass/u/me that when there is a hernia, the doctor can also feel the pressure being relase at a point higher than the testicles. In other words, when someone who has a hernia coughs, the pressure does not go down to the testicles but rather gets released at the point of the hernia.

Here's one for you guru's

When I am going down on my lover (quite frequently) things can get a bit carried away. Since there is only an inch or so of skin between the anus and the bottom of the vagina. I find my sloppyness at times puts my tongue in places it might not need to be. I have often wondered if there were any health risk assosiated with this, if so I need to adjust my technique a bit. I don't plan on stopping the cunnilingus , I might wither and die.
Any time that I have found myself wandering in the area of the anus, I always rinse with mouthwash or some other antiseptic.
I was curious, so if anyone could elaborate I would appreciate it.
Also on another note, I have heard that yeast infections can be caused by someone performing oral on a woman. Depending on your diet, if you have a large intake of sugar for example, you can grow yeast in your mouth and thus spread it to the unsuspecting woman. Anyone heard anything like this?
Always,
Pleased2eatyou
:D

Last edited:
Re: Here's one for you guru's

pleased2eatyou said:
When I am going down on my lover (quite frequently) things can get a bit carried away. Since there is only an inch or so of skin between the anus and the bottom of the vagina. I find my sloppyness at times puts my tongue in places it might not need to be. I have often wondered if there were any health risk assosiated with this, if so I need to adjust my technique a bit. I don't plan on stopping the cunnilingus , I might wither and die.
Any time that I have found myself wandering in the area of the anus, I always rinse with mouthwash or some other antiseptic.
I was curious, so if anyone could elaborate I would appreciate it.
Also on another note, I have heard that yeast infections can be caused by someone performing oral on a woman. Depending on your diet, if you have a large intake of sugar for example, you can grow yeast in your mouth and thus spread it to the unsuspecting woman. Anyone heard anything like this?
Always,
Pleased2eatyou
:D

As far as the anus goes, it really depends on the hygiene of the woman involved. There is a risk, yes. No matter how clean everything is, there is still bacteria. How much and whether it is enough to hurt you is another thing. I don't do rimming because of the presence of bacteria - and I don't want my partner to do it to me. And I know that both of us are clean, it's just a personal preference. If you feel uncomfortable about it, then I would suggest changing your technique.

As to the yeast infection: women can disturb the delicate biological balance of the vagina if candy is inserted into it. That's why it's not always a good thing to do this. However, for a person to develop a growth of yeast in their mouth to pass it along would mean (I believe) holding the sugar in their mouth and keeping it there for a while. If you have a banana split and then go down on your lady, she most likely will not get a yeast infection from whatever leftover sugar is still in your mouth and on your tongue. Placing LifeSavers candies into her and letting them melt, well, that might be a different story!

There is a risk to you, yes, and to your lady as well.

The tongue can easily serve as a transport for some of those bacteria that lurk about the anus, moving them to the vagina and resulting in some nasty infections. I'd defintely recommend picking a target and sticking with it. Or starting with the pussy and moving down (but not up without some serious cleaning first)

The same can be said of any combined anal and vaginal play.

Vaginal to anal is ok. Anal to vaginal is not. Always clean that which has been in the anus before putting it back in the vagina.

That means boiling those sex toys that can be, and using a strong anti-bacterial soap or mouthwash on those parts that are more sensitive.

PS: I know this because I gave my girlfriend a pretty serious urinary tract infection from this very thing! :eek:

vaginal infections

Ok, if this has already been covered in this thread, just point me to the right page, as I did not have time to read the whole thing.

For the last 3 years or more, I have had recurring yeast infections that I just can't seem to get rid of. I have been to several doctors, the latest one having put me on an aggressive diflucan dosing schedule for the next 4 months. It is a bit better, but no dr. has been able to pinpoint a cause for me.

I have been tested for every std, do not normally have anal sex(it's been about 5 years since I tried it), eat reasonably well, rarely drink and am not diabetic(been tested for that too). I do have an IUD, but doc says that shouldn't be a factor. Has anyone had similar experience with stubborn chronic yeast infection? If so, what did you do about it??

I have serious suspicions about my husband and his extracurricular sex habits(I think he has been cheating on me for some time but have no proof), but all the dr's say that it is very unlikely that I am getting an infection from him, over and over. One doc told me it's because of my preference not to wear underwear all the time, which I have since been doing nearly full time(and GOD do I hate it! )

Any thoughts or info on this? Am I just paranoid about my hubby? I just recently learned he is a full blown crossdresser, and I am wondering what other things he hasn't told me about. Not to stereotype CD'ers, but if he is having regular anal sex with someone else, wouldn't that give me an infection if he didn't clean himself properly after or use a condom?

Any advice is appreciated as I am near to going insane suffering from this for so long. Thanks.

:heart:
tronada

Re: vaginal infections

Originally posted by tronada
Ok, if this has already been covered in this thread, just point me to the right page, as I did not have time to read the whole thing.

For the last 3 years or more, I have had recurring yeast infections that I just can't seem to get rid of. I have been to several doctors, the latest one having put me on an aggressive diflucan dosing schedule for the next 4 months. It is a bit better, but no dr. has been able to pinpoint a cause for me.

I have been tested for every std, do not normally have anal sex(it's been about 5 years since I tried it), eat reasonably well, rarely drink and am not diabetic(been tested for that too). I do have an IUD, but doc says that shouldn't be a factor. Has anyone had similar experience with stubborn chronic yeast infection? If so, what did you do about it??

I have serious suspicions about my husband and his extracurricular sex habits(I think he has been cheating on me for some time but have no proof), but all the dr's say that it is very unlikely that I am getting an infection from him, over and over. One doc told me it's because of my preference not to wear underwear all the time, which I have since been doing nearly full time(and GOD do I hate it! )

Any thoughts or info on this? Am I just paranoid about my hubby? I just recently learned he is a full blown crossdresser, and I am wondering what other things he hasn't told me about. Not to stereotype CD'ers, but if he is having regular anal sex with someone else, wouldn't that give me an infection if he didn't clean himself properly after or use a condom?

Any advice is appreciated as I am near to going insane suffering from this for so long. Thanks.

tronada

Not sure I can offer much help...just a comment though...and surely don't consider myself an expert...but...I don't think there is a link between crossdressing and homosexuality...from what I've gathered a number, if not most, crossdressers are straight.

As for the constant infections...some people swear by cranberry juice daily...if you like the stuff...won't hurt to try.

Good luck and hope others have more concrete advise.

I know, wicked woman, that most cd'ers aren't gay but some are. As for my husband, I don't know, as he will not talk to me about it much, so I am left wondering. I was just going on my suspicions about my constant infections and feeling like I am getting reinfected everytime we have sex. He won't go to the doctor like I have asked him several times, which also arouses suspicions.

Have tried the cranberry juice, as I like it, but hasn't helped much. Thanks though!

tronada

I have a question about the sex drive. I have no problem with erections and no problem with a desire for sex prior or during. In fact after a couple of days without it I can become consumed with all the nasty things I want and will do to my wife to pleasure her.
Here is what I think my problem is. I purposely hold off on my own orgasm until the very end because I know once I cum my passion or desire for sex is completely gone. It seems I have a 24hr recovery time. There have been a handful of times when I would only need less than an hour but they are far and few between. It is embarrassing to me as well as prohibiting me from performing other sexual fantasy's with her because of it. Does or has anyone encountered these problems and if so is there anything to suggest to help out.

It's not uncommon for men to have longer recovery times when it comes to getting aroused. My fiance generally loses interest in all things sexual after cumming - it's very rare that I can get him to go for a 2nd session of lovemaking. It doesn't bother me too much, though. I'm usually a single-orgasm girl myself.

Wow, that's lots of no fun... Check out this page, I found it very informative & common sensical, & written by a woman without snoobyness. As far as I've had experience, bacteria from anal sex cause urinary tract infections, not yeast infections, but maybe that is different for different women. Good luck, tronada -

http://www.msu.edu/user/eisthen/yeast/

tronada said:

tronada

No, you're exactly right watergirl. Any infections you might be getting from bacteria left over from anal sex wouldn't be yeast infections.

Do you ever insert anything into the vagina that would have a sugar content? Get eaten out with honey or chocolate or something? Do you douche?

All of the above things could be causing yeast infections.

I'd like to point out the importance for women of giving up smoking if you want to get ors sex. Tobacco makes pussy taste terrible. I guess it's ok if the eater is also a smker. He probably won't notice.

So ladies, if not for your health, give up smoking for your plesure.

Cheers

re:vaginal infections

The info I got from my latest dr. is that yeast lives in the bowel, and the aggressive treatment w/Diflucan is to take care of my bowel and my vagina, but, like I said, hubby and I have never had anal sex so it ain't getting in that way. My theory is that he is having anal with someone else, male or female, and coming back to me and spreading it that way, or fucking another woman who is infected. Doc says this could happen but not very likely.
As for inserting things or getting eaten out, I've never done either, not with hubby. He won't go down on me. Ever. Not even close. And we do not put sugary things on his cock either. Pretty straight forward sex we have because he won't experiment at all.
And no, I never douche.

Anyone else have any idea??!!

tronada

i've read that something that can cause yeast infections is antibiotics.

If you're on antibiotics for like, acne or anything that you take regularly that could be it.

But i kinda know how you feel. I've had a bladder infection for the past 5 months straight and NOTHING can get rid of it and everytime my doctor puts me on an antibiotic, i get a yeast infection!

but i'm going to a urologist sometime this month so hopefully we'll figure it out.

good luck to you, too!

tronada said:

tronada

Okay, ISSUE #1 Have you had an HIV test? Please tell me yes. Frequent, recurring yeast infections are actually a warning sign on HIV, and with this knowledge that your husband may be having nonmonogamous anal sex puts your HIV risk into the stratosphere. Unless he's got a regular, monogamous partner on the side who's been tested, he's putting your health in serious danger, even if he's using a condom. The way my GYN put it, "using a condom as your primary means of protection from HIV is like using a chain-link fence for protection in a drive-by shooting."

2. Do you use a flavored or sweet lubricant that may contain sugar? Fructose can actually cause yeast infections.

3. Has your doctor checked you for the possibility of trichomoniasis or NGU? If your husband is not cleaning his penis properly after anal sex, he could easily be giving you an infection, but not a yeast infection. If your yeast infection wasn't responding at all to OTC treatments, you may not have had a yeast infection. I actually had a trich infection (carelessness in cleaning a vibrator) this summer that was very similar to a yeast infection. If there's not a fishy odor, a lot of doctors don't even recognize it.

4. You need to slap the doctor who said it's because you don't wear underwear. Unless, of course, you're going sans panties with vinyl pants or something. Not wearing panties would actually lessen your risk.

and finally 5. You really should sit down and talk calmly and openly with your husband. You guys have some serious communication to be doing, starting with what he's doing with other people while he's in his dress. A lot of CD's are completely monogamous and hetero, but you have questions here that you have a RIGHT to ask FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR OWN BODY. If your husband is having sex with more than one other man, you have a right to know. You also have a right to know what kind of protection they used, who was top/bottom, what his partner's sexual history is, and if the condom was effective (did it break/slip?). If he can't or won't answer all of these questions candidly, he is putting your health at risk and has no right to be having intercourse with you, especially without a condom.

me700 said:
i've read that something that can cause yeast infections is antibiotics.

If you're on antibiotics for like, acne or anything that you take regularly that could be it.

But i kinda know how you feel. I've had a bladder infection for the past 5 months straight and NOTHING can get rid of it and everytime my doctor puts me on an antibiotic, i get a yeast infection!

but i'm going to a urologist sometime this month so hopefully we'll figure it out.

good luck to you, too!

Do you drink carbonated beverages? Just humor me and try going completely off carbonated beverages for a month or so, and then tell me how your urinary tract feels. I have ZERO scientific evidence to back myself up, but I have a suspicion and lots of empirical. Oh, only, if only I could get a lab and some research grants and stuff to study everything I want to.

I also have some ideas about vitamin D deficiency and seasonal depression, and about high fructose corn syrup/liver failure/heart disease. Just a few thoughts...

ourladyofthehighways said:
Do you drink carbonated beverages? Just humor me and try going completely off carbonated beverages for a month or so, and then tell me how your urinary tract feels

YES. I agree - I feel worse and generally more irritated when I drink too much carbonated stuff - not even the caffiene, but I blame the carbonation... too bad women can't convince doctors we know ourselves!

alright..I have thoughts, maybe some answers...and lots of questions!!

Okay..I have been on Depo for 7 yrs...just came off in May and it is now sept. I have had about 1 period, and lots of indicators that another was coming but nothing yet. The reason I went on depo was that with my last steady BF (yrs ago), I always had a UTI or yeast infection. I am surprised that no one has mentioned the effect that different types of the pill have on the chemistry of your Vagina and UT( I switched about 3 times over the yrs and always the same thing) . I always had to go pee immediately after sex if there was any chance of me not getting something. When I broke up with ex BF I didn't take anything for a while and all was good. When I thought I might start having some sex though not with same person I went to the Dr and because of my history she said ABSOLUTELY NO to any IUD. ( why put something in there to mess with a chemistry that has already been shown to be delicate, so stop using an IUD if you are, and are sensitive). At the time she rec'd Depo, which I found to be great...no side effects at all. After about 3 yrs though, I wasn't really active (just found out this yr that Depo can kill your drive...now the last 4 yrs make sense!) Dr refused to give it anymore, saying that if there was no need for it, then there was no need to risk long term damage ( conceiving etc.). I went to the local clinic instead for the 4 yrs, ( they will give it based on they would rather not see unwanted pregnancies). I have had sex twice in last five yrs. Had no interest in BF or anything but had lots of other things going on as well so would be cumulative ( new house by myself, lots of work, major car accident etc. ) And also the affect of Depo I mentioned I had just found out about. With some of the other things going on in my life (car acc't) I had put on weight so was not bothered my lack of desire. I decided in May to quit depo to see if it had effect on my weight. So far have lost 20 lbs, but have also been eating so good , and excersizing, so it must be everything, main thing is though, I am now more horny more often in one month than 5 yrs!! (completeley unexpected, and a little bit worriesome till I realized it was depo's fault, 7 yrs is pretty long for it). Having not had a period in that amount of time I can tell you after even a short while it would be normal to take a while to get preg, has happened to lots of my friends. I wouldn't worry till it went passed the yr mark. Now that I am interested in sex again, I have some questions, from what I remember, and having been with a guy last month that was completely embarrassing for me cos i was like..." alright do what you have to but hurry and finish"..does anyone else like it vaginally from behind...lying face down and being entered that way? I know I have had a few paps where the dr has said they have had to adjust or move a little bit to get in there, and one asked me if I found it not the best during regular sex but better in a diff position. I was wondering if anyone else has this preference and how guys react, because it seems it is not always easy for them. I must also say that it is great getting aquainted with the shower again...

Thread appears to be somewhat inactive. Hope someone is still looking in .

Question: Is there any know or suspected relationship between anal sex and colorectal cancer or problems with the colon, like polyps??

~C~

Kegels -- how long must you work out before you feel the effect, what kind of exercises are most effective, and is it worth it for a guy (if he has no issue with not lasting long enough)?

DimplesCharlie said:
Thread appears to be somewhat inactive. Hope someone is still looking in .

Question: Is there any know or suspected relationship between anal sex and colorectal cancer or problems with the colon, like polyps??

~C~
Not a clue
hi!

I have a question about the sex drive. I have no problem with erections and no problem with a desire for sex prior or during. In fact after a couple of days without it I can become consumed with all the nasty things I want and will do to my wife to pleasure her.
Here is what I think my problem is. I purposely hold off on my own orgasm until the very end because I know once I cum my passion or desire for sex is completely gone. It seems I have a 24hr recovery time. There have been a handful of times when I would only need less than an hour but they are far and few between. It is embarrassing to me as well as prohibiting me from performing other sexual fantasy's with her because of it. Does or has anyone encountered these problems and if so is there anything to suggest to help out.

There are two approaches I've found effective in reducing recovery time, both require disciplined masturbation. The interpersonal dynamics of a shared sexual experience complicate the situation. I'm sure there are sexual partners with deep caring and infinite patience, but it's easier to take control of the situation yourself.

1) Keep yourself hard for at least half an hour a day. If you're not juicing, you need more time. Just keep it as big and as hard as you can. Relax and enjoy it. Do not ejaculate. You will eventually be able to play all weekend and not cum until Sunday night. No problem with recovery time because it's time for a good deep sleep to get through Monday morning. This practice will also increase your recovery time, but that's not actually the point. The point is to be instantly ready at any time.

2) Make yourself ejaculate lots and lots. This practice should be in some periodic alternation with practice #1. When you get to the point that you can have your daily wank without ejaculation for a week or so, have a day when you ejculate every couple of hours. Make sure you're good and hard first. You'll find that you can do it if you put your mind to the pleasure.

Somewhere at the junction between the root of your cock and the pit of your anus, there is a bright bead of pleasure. Rest your mind on that bead and seek the seed of it, as if you are swooping down a long velvet tunnel toward a tiny spark of light. Open to it.

I've been practicing this for thirty years. I began as a premature ejaculator with simple orgasms which brought on depression. Now, at almost sixty, I can get hard any time, and my orgasms are layered. Layer upon layer of intensifying orgasm. I am still sometimes astonished by the fact that oh my god here comes another one.

You can train it.

For more information, Google on karezza, on tantric techniques of semen retention. There are also many good online articles on Taoistic practices to cultivate your sexuality.

Back