Roll Call ... Colorado!

We lucked out up in Cheyenne. Not much stuck to the roads. Most of the time I spent shoveling my driveway was just clearing the berm left at the end of the driveway by the snow plow that cleared our road.

Snowed a lot, not much stuck though. But, the high country is getting a bunch, heard all the passes in the state are really bad. Ahhhh spring in the Rockies is here!

Anything up around Brainerd Lakes? You never know what you will find if you wander off the trail....!?! Just let me know when you'll be up there!

I lived above you, used to hike that area a lot. Well, I still will but it's not as easy knowing I have to drive down the mountain now.

Wow, haven't seen you in awhile RMM! How have you been?

Hey Tiamo, just been busy with spring and work and stuff. Home nursing a broken ankle right now....I had to prove my ex wife right that I couldn't walk and chew gum. ugh How are you?

Hey Tiamo, just been busy with spring and work and stuff. Home nursing a broken ankle right now....I had to prove my ex wife right that I couldn't walk and chew gum. ugh How are you?

Hope you're feeling better man. Hoping for a quick recovery for ya from Loveland.

Aw, I missed your post from yesterday. I'm sorry to hear you have a broken ankle! That sounds like an interesting story though...

I'm good, just a bit tired, didn't sleep last night.

Aw, I missed your post from yesterday. I'm sorry to hear you have a broken ankle! That sounds like an interesting story though...

I'm good, just a bit tired, didn't sleep last night.

Anything can make a good story if you have a sexy lady like you in it! Sorry you didn't sleep, well I guess that depends on what was keeping you awake!

Snow this weekend! No.....!!!

Hey does anyone have any favorite hiking spots? I used to live above Boulder and now live south of Denver, so either of those spots would be fine. :)

Not sure how south of Denver you are, but I am in love with anything in the Deckers or Bailey areas. In fact, there are a few trails that parallel two different creeks just a little ways north of 285 in the mountains east of Bailey. Just turn right at the Loaf n Jug at 43A. Drive in until the road splits and go to the left, then drive until it ends. Awesome hikes, any of them. Beautiful, secluded.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.49.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 12.52.59 PM.png

Not sure how south of Denver you are, but I am in love with anything in the Deckers or Bailey areas. In fact, there are a few trails that parallel two different creeks just a little ways north of 285 in the mountains east of Bailey. Just turn right at the Loaf n Jug at 43A. Drive in until the road splits and go to the left, then drive until it ends. Awesome hikes, any of them. Beautiful, secluded.

View attachment 1867304

View attachment 1867308

That is so interesting, as I was just driving in the mountains a few days ago, determined to explore these roads and Deckers was the place I was aiming to reach. But a huge thunderstorm was quickly rolling in and I envisioned all these horrific ways to die - a mudslide, a boulder falling down, the river flooding, a vehicle crashing into me... I drove south along the river anyway, taking my dog out to walk now and then, seeing lots of angler fisherman, and then I came to a fork in the road with a little store and restaurant. Was the Deckers? Lol, I didn't even know but I had to turn back before the storm hit.

Colorado

Pike Peak area here
Would love to find a lady to chat with and see where it goes , or a guy to share war stories with

I've fished all over the state. Where are you looking to go? What kind of water do you prefer?
I've fished all over as well. I'm looking for a quiet place that isn't over fished. I'm not too picky about the water. Ideally I'd like a calm slower moving stretch, but I don't have an issues high-sticking in pocket water.

I guess I’m just looking for fish; somewhere few people know about; close enough to Denver that I can get there in less than an hour… you know, your basic unicorn.

Heading to Florissant today for a leadership retreat for a few days with my team. I've got my own cabin, and for "some" reason, it made me think of you all!

Back