What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding out that my blood pressure was reading high-normal, instead of the Stage 1 or Stage 2 that I was expecting. That made me happy.

Most of everything else has been the day shitting on me.

(My pulse rate was good too.)
 
Smile:

The Boy decided to use up one of his electives next year (Freshman High School) for Academic Advisement. He's brilliant, but beyond lacking in organizational skills, and I've been drilling all of them that they must take responsibility for their own education (talk to your teachers, ask for tutoring, request AP classes, etc) ... he decided all by himself that it was worth giving up an hour a day next year to focus on improving his study/organizational skills.

Eldest daughter (7th grade next year) ended the year on the Honor Roll (97 average), and second chair flute.

Middle daughter (4th grade next year) ended the year on the Honor Roll, and was voted Most Polite and Quietest Classmate.

Middle son (2nd grade next year) was given a plaque for perfect attendance.

Youngest Boo (kindergarten next year) got his birthday present - a simple spelling game (estimated playing time 10 minutes) - and sat at the kitchen table spelling words for 45 minutes straight.

:cool:
 
I'm just about to set off for the airport, to spend a week with KT and her family in the Czech republic.:)
 
I'm just about to set off for the airport, to spend a week with KT and her family in the Czech republic.:)
Cannot wait honey!! :)

I'll treat you as a King! :heart:


** :kiss: kneeling at the door with your favorite food in one hand and your favorite drink in the other :kiss: **
 
Smile:

The Boy decided to use up one of his electives next year (Freshman High School) for Academic Advisement. He's brilliant, but beyond lacking in organizational skills, and I've been drilling all of them that they must take responsibility for their own education (talk to your teachers, ask for tutoring, request AP classes, etc) ... he decided all by himself that it was worth giving up an hour a day next year to focus on improving his study/organizational skills.

Eldest daughter (7th grade next year) ended the year on the Honor Roll (97 average), and second chair flute.

Middle daughter (4th grade next year) ended the year on the Honor Roll, and was voted Most Polite and Quietest Classmate.

Middle son (2nd grade next year) was given a plaque for perfect attendance.

Youngest Boo (kindergarten next year) got his birthday present - a simple spelling game (estimated playing time 10 minutes) - and sat at the kitchen table spelling words for 45 minutes straight.

:cool:

All things to be proud of. My two eldest should most likely be honor roll as well. (The little ones don't get grades yet.)
 
teddy.jpg


Hmmm... trying to remember if I ever had a teddy bear. :confused:
 
teddy.jpg


Hmmm... trying to remember if I ever had a teddy bear. :confused:

This kind of made me tear up a little. I had a stuffed dog named Doggy Dog; I think he's actually still in storage in the States. Later in life, my cousin who worked at the Build-A-Bear store built one for me and sent it to me. Him I still have, and he's a great comfort at times! Maybe the world would be a nicer place if we all still had our comfort toys!
 
Start the day four back of the leaders, shoot a 65 and come in with a one-stroke lead for the win. Go, Tiger! :D
 
I'm 24, married and pregnant with my own child and I still sleep with a teddy bear, and I'll be damned if anyone ever tells me to stop. I love Teddy!!!

I have a cute collection of stuffed animals that sits on the top of my bookshelf that includes a Dracula Bunny (Bunicula), a frog wearing a green necktie, several different colors of bears and my prize, a bright orange octopus whose name is "Ocho".
 
Last edited:
I'm 24, married and pregnant with my own child and I still sleep with a teddy bear, and I'll be damned if anyone ever tells me to stop. I love Teddy!!!

I have a cute collection of stuffed animals that sits on the top of my bookshelf that includes a Dracula Bunny (Bunicula), a frog wearing a green necktie, several different colors of bears and my prize, a bright orange octopus whose name is "Ocho".

I don't sleep with my teddy anymore, but he lives in a shelf in my room now.

I love my teddies.
 
Does Mister know you describe him to us as a "teddy bear?" :eek:

Actually YES! *giggle!*

I call him "My furry teddy bear" all the time. Because he is hairy. And I love it. :D

ETA: *cracking up* I showed him this page and he said "Telling people my secrets, eh?!"
 
THE MOST FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH WORD

Well, it's shit ... that's right, shit! Shit may just be the most functional word in the English language.

You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, and tell others to eat shit.

Some people know their shit, while others can't tell the difference between shit and shineola.

There are lucky shits, dumb shits, and crazy shits. There is bull shit, horse shit, and chicken shit.

You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan.

You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.

You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shitty.

Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a bunch of roses.

When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.

And remember, once you know your shit, you don't need to know anything else!!

You could pass this along, if you give a shit; or not do so if you don't give a shit!

Well, Shit, it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit and hope you had a nice day, without a bunch of shit. But, if you happened to catch a load of shit from some shit-head,

Well............ Shit Happens!!!
 
Tony Stewart won the race today in Pocono. :D

Annnd, the newest addition to my room made me smile as well. ^___^
 

Attachments

  • IMG00680.jpg
    IMG00680.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46
Child's Prayer - Very Touching


Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer...... Amen.
 
The IRS sends their auditor (a nasty little man) to audit a
synagogue. The auditor is doing all the checks, and then turns to the Rabbi
and says, "I noticed that you buy a lot of candles." "Yes," answered the Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi, what do you do with the candle drippings?" he
asked. "A good question," noted the Rabbi. "We actually save them
up. When we have enough, we send them back to the candle maker and every now and then,
they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor somewhat disappointed that his
question actually had a practical answer. So he thought he'd try another
question, in his obnoxious way....

"Rabbi, what about all these matzo purchases? What do you
do with the crumbs from the matzo?
"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi calmly, "we actually collect up
the crumbs, we send them in a box back to the manufacturer and every now
and then, they send a box of matzo balls."

"Oh," replied the auditor, thinking hard how to fluster the
Rabbi. Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the
foreskins from the circumcisions?"

"Yes, here too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What
we do is save up all the foreskins, and when we have enough we actually
send them to the IRS "

"To the IRS ?" questioned the auditor in disbelief.
"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, "directly to The IRS ..And
about once a year, they send us a little prick like you."
 
The stray that's adopted us, Mittens, just came up lightly got me with her claws and then hid. :rolleyes:
 
The hot Fireman that was at the street light taking donations...mmm God I love Firemen:devil:
 
Awhah! Bad kitty! :D;)

She's becoming very playful. I take it as a good sign, when she first showed up she'd slink into the house and then find a corner to sit. Now she'll dog my feet, or play hide and seek under the chair I'm sitting on. Cracks me up.
 
She's becoming very playful. I take it as a good sign, when she first showed up she'd slink into the house and then find a corner to sit. Now she'll dog my feet, or play hide and seek under the chair I'm sitting on. Cracks me up.

Precious!!! What toys does she have?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top