New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9

A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?

A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?

This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again. :D

Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9

Sorry for the problem, we are working on it now! :D

In the meantime, please feel free to use the old Control Panel.

Hopefully fixed soon.

This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

1. Having a refresh feature for an individual story, after searching for it, would be great. Sounds practical too, since I won't have to keep reloading the entire page.

2. An update for the Activity Feeds would also be awesome, since it'll save the author the hassle of constantly (and in my case, obsessively) having to refresh the page to see if there is any new activity.

Just like Twitter, right? Everytime you're on someones page, and there's a new tweet, it points it out, that there's a new tweet there. Or if someone follows you or tweets to you, there's an icon that new activity is happening.

For both of those things, twitter provides a number too, of how many new actions have taken place.

QUICK QUESTION

I recently signed up to be an editor, but I noticed that the new panel doesn't have an editor's panel. What will happen with that?

No, I definitely DON'T want self-updating stats. I look at my stats every morning and cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet. I do this at roughly the same time every day so that the results are consistent. If I know I'm not going to have time to update the spreadsheet there and then, I call up the View Submissions page at the normal and leave it open in my browser until I have time to update the spreadsheet. It would defeat the purpose if that page updated in the meantime - or even while I was updating the spreadsheet.

Is there going to be a way to see who has bookmarked your stories?

Can someone please tell me why, when I log in, I still get the old interface?

Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.

So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

any ideas what i should do next?

So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

Sorry about the problem and thank you for the report.

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

Thank you and sorry again for the trouble. :D

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

I'm Uploading .PNG files. Do i need to convert them to JPEG? Earier I think I remeber uplading PNG through the old system and it seemed to work.

glitches!

Manu ,
this happened with me also : then I uploaded my Adult comics submission vide old Contr. Panel
regards,
ash9

Kudos

One good feature 'bout the new Panel is it tells me Pronto , somebody has 'Fave'-ed my story or is following me etc.
Also now I know exactly how many poems[ I'd frankly lost count] , how many artworks , how many stories I hv published !!!
Thank you , Manu!
---ash9

In the "Reading Lists" section, we can add single stories to our lists, but there is no way to add a series. It would be nice to have this so we get notified when a new story is added to the series, without needing to favorite the author because I may like a particular story or theme (say SciFi) and not be interested in everything else he writes (say poetry).

Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.

You're always so helpful. That makes complete sense. Now all I have to do is find the new interface lol

Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?

Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?

We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM

A REQUEST

For the Activities Feed, would it be possible to have something like twitter?

Meaning, when there is new activity, suddenly the screen will show something like "2 new activities." Then you click on it, and it scrolls down.

Having to refresh the new panel for updates takes longer to load than the old panel.

thanks

heyall

We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM

Thank you for your response. Does that mean that the ratings won't change?

When I try to go to my favourites to read a story the following is what I get instead. I am not sure what's happening or what to do about it.

Favorite Stories

784 stories.
My all-time favorite stories I've read on Literotica.

You do not have this reading list

You haven't added any stories to this reading list yet.

Reading List

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know an easier way to add stories to different reading lists. So far if I favorite a story and then go to my Favorites page then I click on the book mark and I can select or deselect lists for each story. I was wondering if there was a way to select a different list from the story page?
Thanks

Wow I did not know these forums were here. Ok I have an idea, could you link the control panel to the app. I use the app a lot and the control panel would look good there.

Back