Feel a bit under prepared for the lashing I'll get just to open my mouth

Hertoyofjoy

Virgin
And not in that good way mmmmm,
Don't call myself a writer I'm a creator,
I don't follow predetermined norms when it comes to putting my words down,
As you can see punctuation means nothing to me, and if you get lost in what I'm saying understand its always your problem :)
I like ideas more then the finished product,
Dont ask a pool cleaner to change your oil.

As you can see punctuation means nothing to me, and if you get lost in what I'm saying understand its always your problem :)

IsuspectthatyoushouldconsideranentryintheGB. Conceptualartisnotquitethething.
Generally, round here, there are some conventions we all tend to follow; it makes conversation and passing information that much easier and comprehensible.
And my Pool Cleaner is also a Mechanic; he can do both jobs.

I wouldn't ask him to change the oil, but I'd be well-justified in yelling at him to stop pouring chlorine in my engine.

Welcome to Lit!

The post sounds a lot like how I feel about things. I write stories, I'm a good story teller, but although I won't say punctuation means nothing to me I can always find an editor.

I also change my own oil.

I did however, make my son in law clean the pool.

The post sounds a lot like how I feel about things. I write stories, I'm a good story teller, but although I won't say punctuation means nothing to me I can always find an editor.

I also change my own oil.

I did however, make my son in law clean the pool.

MAKE him clean the pool? What was the threat? A lashing? :D

OP has a basic binary choice: They may write (or 'create') however they wish, unleashing their self-expression to the max. OR -- they may write with some clarity, write something that other people may wish to read. The first is mental masturbation. The second is communication. Choose.

And doesn't missing punctuation, especially in dialog get the story rejected? :devil:

MAKE him clean the pool? What was the threat? A lashing? :D

I simply said "seeing your ass was in it more than mine was this summer you can clean it. "

I may have been polishing one of my swords when I said it.

I simply said "seeing your ass was in it more than mine was this summer you can clean it. "

I may have been polishing one of my swords when I said it.

I wonder if that trick would work to get my kids to clean their rooms. Maybe I should get me one of those.

You don't own a sword?

I wonder if that trick would work to get my kids to clean their rooms. Maybe I should get me one of those.

You really don't own a sword? Everyone should have at least one that that they consider "my sword." And hopefully that one would not have gold spray paint "etching" on the blade.

I have a few too many, which is a different issue.

OP has a basic binary choice: They may write (or 'create') however they wish, unleashing their self-expression to the max. OR -- they may write with some clarity, write something that other people may wish to read. The first is mental masturbation. The second is communication. Choose.

Of course you can always publish your self-expression, if you wish, in an act of public masturbation.

There are two kinds of binary choices; the ones that have a loophole, and the ones that don't.

I have a sword, but I've never considered spraying it with gold paint. It's a Halloween costume possibility, though. :D

You really don't own a sword? Everyone should have at least one that that they consider "my sword." And hopefully that one would not have gold spray paint "etching" on the blade.

I have a few too many, which is a different issue.

We had one that my son bought at the circus, but I threw it away after the kids went to bed.

We do have a few edged weapons lying about the house. Be careful where you stick your fingers, kids. We don't need any more bloodstains in the Persian carpets.

Back to the OP. Do you have any stories to publish?

Get what? A pool? A son-in-law? A sword? Or a made-up story? :D

Oh that's right I forgot how this works we're supposed to believe you're a....takes a deep breath

A pilot
model
actor
singer
musician
spy
mainstream author
tennis player
screen play writer
lead in major broadway plays
my favorite-helped write the current copyright laws so I guess an attorney as well...
edited for Tom Clancy....
Is bi sexual:rolleyes:

But anything anyone else says is a story.

At least when anyone else here posts something about their lives there's not a collective eye roll like when you do.

What's that? You invented eye rolling?

Don't expect anyone to read your ramblings then.

And that's definitely not my fucking problem.

Dickhead troll.

Is that what the OP meant?

Don't expect anyone to read your ramblings then.

And that's definitely not my fucking problem.

Dickhead troll.

I took the OP to be using a prose poem to critique a perceived attitude among some authors rather than expressing a personal manifesto of artiste-ness.
I'd have more faith in my interpretation if the OP had used a ;) rather than a more ambiguous :)

And not in that good way mmmmm,

I suck at punctuation & grammar as well but I LOVE ideas. I agree with you.

i set my hand to paper (with a pen in it) and started writing
words poured forth, and punctuation, and ink splatters
i created! my ideas! those words! such a production!
i wrote till all my scabs cracked and dribbled
my mind was still scarred with ideas
my ideas! those words! wow!
my brain bleeds now
and my eyes
woof

Back