category-related tags

SolarRay

Literotica Guru
I have sometimes used words related to the category I'm posting as tags on my story. I checked the "Story Tags" how-to on this and it lists the category name as one of the things you don't need to specify a tag for. -- But can someone elaborate a bit more on this?

Are there ever times when you'd want to reference the category, or variations on the category, with your tags?

For example, if I'm posting a story about an exhibitionist, is there anything to gain by tagging it "exhibitionist"?

If not, is it worth tagging it with "female exhibitionist" or "male exhibitionist"?

Does that help it come up in searches even though "exhibitionist" is already part of the category title "Exhibitionist & Voyeur"?

Since the category is called "Exhibitionist & Voyeur" does that mean it makes sense to additionally tag it "exhibitionISM" or "voyeurISM"?

I'm just generally wondering if any of this is sound strategy, or if those tags just end up taking up precious slots that could be used for all other details about such a story OTHER THAN the fact that it's related to exhibitionists/exhibitionism and voyeurs/voyeurism.

I have sometimes used words related to the category I'm posting as tags on my story. I checked the "Story Tags" how-to on this and it lists the category name as one of the things you don't need to specify a tag for. -- But can someone elaborate a bit more on this?

Are there ever times when you'd want to reference the category, or variations on the category, with your tags?

For example, if I'm posting a story about an exhibitionist, is there anything to gain by tagging it "exhibitionist"?

If not, is it worth tagging it with "female exhibitionist" or "male exhibitionist"?

Does that help it come up in searches even though "exhibitionist" is already part of the category title "Exhibitionist & Voyeur"?

Since the category is called "Exhibitionist & Voyeur" does that mean it makes sense to additionally tag it "exhibitionISM" or "voyeurISM"?

I'm just generally wondering if any of this is sound strategy, or if those tags just end up taking up precious slots that could be used for all other details about such a story OTHER THAN the fact that it's related to exhibitionists/exhibitionism and voyeurs/voyeurism.

I think the answer is, definitely yes, there is value in using category terms as tags if they apply to your story.

Sometimes people use the search feature to find stories they like. Using tags that are both (a) popular and (b) descriptive of your story is a way to connect readers who conduct searches with your story.

Since you have a limited number of tags, you have to choose wisely, but I wouldn't omit a word as a tag just because it's in the name of the category.

Back