GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. That wet dog smell is insidious and it has a way of filling up a space. It foes sound like a great day and there's still ice? How far north are you, diz?

Central Alberta. We're finally getting consistently warm(er) temps again. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 17 degrees or so. (Low 60s Fahrenheit)

Speaking of which, anyone who says the U.S. can't switch to metric because it's too hard to get used to is lying. After just a couple months in Canada, I found it weird and unnecessary when things weren't in metric. They just don't want to have to pay to change the road signs. ;)

Just my two cents, of course!

Taking it easy here in VA, enjoying a rainy day...

And to the previous post - I agree regarding the metric system. I work internationally in architecture, and find the metric system much more user friendly than english - its all about where you put the decimal.

Central Alberta. We're finally getting consistently warm(er) temps again. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 17 degrees or so. (Low 60s Fahrenheit)

Speaking of which, anyone who says the U.S. can't switch to metric because it's too hard to get used to is lying. After just a couple months in Canada, I found it weird and unnecessary when things weren't in metric. They just don't want to have to pay to change the road signs. ;)

Just my two cents, of course!

Good morning Lia,

I hope your day is off to a good start. I totally understand about the metric problem here in the US. A lot of it is sheer laziness. My youngest daughter is being taught the metric system in conjunction with the English system in grade school and she's adapting to it quite well. For me it's not too hard with distance because 90% of the engineering drawings I read at work are in metric. Everything else I'm still getting used to, but knowing people in various parts of Europe has helped. There is one interstate highway in the US that is signed only in metric: I-19 from Tucson to Nogales, AZ.

The weather here is inconsistent, which is not unusual for this time of year. Two days ago it was sunny nearly 80F (25C) and today it's only going to be 55F (12C) and raining. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Good Monday morning to everyone. It looks like it was a quiet weekend here. I hope it meant that everyone was out and having a good time. :)

May your day ahead be good and reasonably stress-free.

Good morning Lia,

I hope your day is off to a good start. I totally understand about the metric problem here in the US. A lot of it is sheer laziness. My youngest daughter is being taught the metric system in conjunction with the English system in grade school and she's adapting to it quite well. For me it's not too hard with distance because 90% of the engineering drawings I read at work are in metric. Everything else I'm still getting used to, but knowing people in various parts of Europe has helped. There is one interstate highway in the US that is signed only in metric: I-19 from Tucson to Nogales, AZ.

The weather here is inconsistent, which is not unusual for this time of year. Two days ago it was sunny nearly 80F (25C) and today it's only going to be 55F (12C) and raining. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Within about 100 miles of the Canadian border, the road signs in Maine are in both English and metric. Same for Minnesota, too, and if tired memory serves, Michigan. (I drove through there in the middle of the night, though, and was more spooked about having seen deer and a big ol' bear than finding out how far away I was from the border.) I think Montana does that, too, but it's been a while.

At this point, when I'm watching a show and someone says, "We're already doing 70," my first thought is, "... and?" Then I realize they mean mph, not kph. ;) But even temperatures... small numbers mean cold! Negative numbers mean Actually cold! Double-digits mean, "Yay! No coat!"

I know what you mean about inconsistent weather. I think my city is downright bipolar when it comes to weather. Just this spring already, we've gone from a rainy morning to a gorgeous afternoon in the high teens (sunny 60s) to negative temps and snow. Drives a person a little crazy after a while, and my poor flowers! At least we didn't get the horrific winter we did last year, which hopefully means the mosquito problem will also not be as bad. Time will tell.

Today it's 6 (43) with a forecasted high of 24 (76)! I just might break the shorts out of storage. :D

-diz :rose:

Last edited:
Good Monday morning to everyone. It looks like it was a quiet weekend here. I hope it meant that everyone was out and having a good time. :)

May your day ahead be good and reasonably stress-free.

Good morning right back! (It's still morning here, anyway.) I spent very little time on the computer this weekend, which was pretty nice and relaxing, really. There was hockey watching and very nearly grill lighting! Sadly, the sun still sets a little early for that, and there isn't a light outside our apartment building. I need to find out where the camping lantern is. I might try grilling fish tonight. I'm sure you all care about that. :D

Watching Game of Thrones Season 2. Really having fun with that.

I am so enthralled with that series. I knew nothing about it until there was an On Point episode on NPR about the author, then we flew through season one just in time for the season finale. I'm very excited season two is airing now! Though we have to watch it a day or two after, since we don't have cable. Brilliant characters and casting. I want to read the books now.

Good morning right back! (It's still morning here, anyway.) I spent very little time on the computer this weekend, which was pretty nice and relaxing, really. There was hockey watching and very nearly grill lighting! Sadly, the sun still sets a little early for that, and there isn't a light outside our apartment building. I need to find out where the camping lantern is. I might try grilling fish tonight. I'm sure you all care about that. :D

I am so enthralled with that series. I knew nothing about it until there was an On Point episode on NPR about the author, then we flew through season one just in time for the season finale. I'm very excited season two is airing now! Though we have to watch it a day or two after, since we don't have cable. Brilliant characters and casting. I want to read the books now.

I highly recommend the books. Just finished the first one and am reading the second, actually. It's cool that I'm witnessing the events of the series and the books at close to the same time.

Btw, what kind of fish are you thinking of grilling? :D

Good evening to everyone here, (((HUGS))) to diz and a good handshake to Severus. I hope you all had a great day. Mine is finally coming to an end and I should be winding down and relaxing before too long.

I highly recommend the books. Just finished the first one and am reading the second, actually. It's cool that I'm witnessing the events of the series and the books at close to the same time.

Btw, what kind of fish are you thinking of grilling? :D

Tilapia, with spiced breading. Though I had to nix the idea for now. We made tacos instead. Re: GoT, I can imagine! How closely have they been staying to the books?

Good evening to everyone here, (((HUGS))) to diz and a good handshake to Severus. I hope you all had a great day. Mine is finally coming to an end and I should be winding down and relaxing before too long.

Hello again! And good evening back to you. Winding down and relaxing sounds like a superb idea.

Wearing: still in jeans and a t-shirt, as there's one dog walk left for the evening
Listening to: The Current from CBC Radio (podcast)
Feeling: ... is it weird I'm not sure how to answer this one? It's just been one of those days.

Good morning to you, diz, Severus, and everyone else lurking. It's another gray and rainy day for me and I hope that your day is brighter than mine. May your day get off to a good start and stay that way.

Wearing: beater jeans and my old worn Broncos sweatshirt - it's cleaning day!
Listening to: the traffic in the rain
Feeling: relaxed but productive, and yet slightly anxious about how much is left to do

I was all set to wash the dog today, but alas, it is raining. No point to it, when she's just going to get all gritty and muddy next time I walk her. Which means her haircut needs to be further delayed. Fun times!

I need to find a way to watch the latest Game of Thrones episode. I should just see if any friends have HBO and can PVR it or something. Someday!

And... wow. boring day of mine, eh? Off to cycle laundry and all that. Hope you're all having a good day!

It sounds like your day wasn't too bad, diz. :) I just got home from work and now it's time to do the work I don't get paid for.

When you say your Broncos sweatshirt, diz, are you talking about the football team from Denver?

I'll try to catch everyone later.

hey everyone!!

Hi, Benji!

It sounds like your day wasn't too bad, diz. :) I just got home from work and now it's time to do the work I don't get paid for.

When you say your Broncos sweatshirt, diz, are you talking about the football team from Denver?

I'll try to catch everyone later.

And yeah, those Broncos. They've been my NFL team since I was a little kid. (I refused to cheer for the Vikings; they made my parents mad. I liked horses. The logic of children.)

And with that, I'm off to Calgary for the weekend and likely won't be able to connect until I get home on Monday. Have a great time, everyone!

And yeah, those Broncos. They've been my NFL team since I was a little kid. (I refused to cheer for the Vikings; they made my parents mad. I liked horses. The logic of children.)

And with that, I'm off to Calgary for the weekend and likely won't be able to connect until I get home on Monday. Have a great time, everyone!

They've been my favorite team since I was little too. :) It was a choice between the Cowboys and the Raiders back then and I didn't like either team.

Please travel safely and have fun, diz! :rose:

Hi Gianna! (((HUGS))) How are you? I've missed you here. :rose:

Life is going better for me than it has in a long time. :)

Hi Gianna! (((HUGS))) How are you? I've missed you here. :rose:

Life is going better for me than it has in a long time. :)
(((hugs back))):heart: I have been busy and sometimes forget to drop by in my attention deficit chaotic world lol it is good to hear life is being good to you mutato.

(((hugs back))):heart: I have been busy and sometimes forget to drop by in my attention deficit chaotic world lol it is good to hear life is being good to you mutato.

It's not hard to forget. Life has a way of interfering in all the fun things we want to do. :( I'm only here for a moment to say hi and give you HUGS! I'm fading fast and it's been a long day, so I'm off to bed. Good night, Gianna, sweet dreams! :heart: :rose:

lol why is that? Every time I go there I end up being confronted by some
asshole. It is good to see you SEVERUSMAX:rose:

You, too, Gi. :rose: I think that it's a catch-all and naturally catches a lot of slimeballs.

A place like this tends to be more exclusive by its very nature.

It's not hard to forget. Life has a way of interfering in all the fun things we want to do. :( I'm only here for a moment to say hi and give you HUGS! I'm fading fast and it's been a long day, so I'm off to bed. Good night, Gianna, sweet dreams! :heart: :rose:

good night love:kiss::rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back