Challenge - Dear me.

FINAL RULES for Dear Me challenge.

Your mission, should you choose to proceed, is to write a poem to your younger self.

The age you choose for your younger self is up to you.

You have until May 20th to write your poem, any form, and PM it to me after which I will post them in a poll or polls depending how many participants we get.

Each member will vote for the poem they think should be the winner.

After a few days of voting the reveal will be made after which we can all be critics.

Last edited:
Is it just one poem, or could we submit more? Not that I'm saying I want to right now!

That's a good point given the Lit rules.....so yes, over 18 I suppose otherwise we're skating on thin ice. I'm inclined to drop the 25 year ceiling too.

As long as the poem isn't referencing underage sexual activity, there shouldn't be any problems with writing to yourself younger than 18. Of course, you don't have to mention the age of the self you're writing to at all.

As long as the poem isn't referencing underage sexual activity, there shouldn't be any problems with writing to yourself younger than 18. Of course, you don't have to mention the age of the self you're writing to at all.

OK I agree and that's what I mean by "self-censoring". So.....

FINAL RULES for Dear Me challenge.

Your mission, should you choose to proceed, is to write a poem to your younger self.

The age you choose for your younger self is up to you.

You have until May 20th to write your poem, any form, and PM it to me after which I will post them in a poll or polls depending how many participants we get.

Each member will vote for the poem they think should be the winner.

After a few days of voting the reveal will be made after which we can all be critics.

Still bouncing idears around.

I've had a rough draft since you originally mentioned the idea. I just haven't had a chance to get back to it yet. :)

Definitely planning to enter - whipping my muse to run faster...

Thank you all, entries are picking up....five at last count.

Oh dear, I now have the most unfortunate picture in my mind's eye!

Is there a poem in there? :)

Back