Weekly artistic challenge

so there goes the rule of thirds Lol.

Not entirely.. If you take a portrait for instance keep an eye at one of the golden means.. I have a perfect photo for this challenge in fact.

Swan.jpg

Last edited:
OHHHH love the pattern and texture. Is this the station that was bombed? Oh, I hate that this is even a question in today's world.

It's a remarkable piece of architecture.

The station itself was not the subject of attack, but one of the 7/7 bombers did blow up one of the underground trains shortly after it left the station.

The underground station also suffered a horrific fire in 1987 when 31 died, including a fire fighter and the station master.

On a brighter note, the overground station now has a permanent location for Platform 9 3/4's with a trolly seemingly going through the wall. :rolleyes:

Not entirely.. If you take a portrait for instance keep an eye at one of the golden means.. I have a perfect photo for this challenge in fact.

Swan.jpg

I had heard of the golden ratio, but knew nothing about it's use in photographic composition.

So much to learn.............. so little time, :eek:

Fab photo btw.

I had heard of the golden ratio, but knew nothing about it's use in photographic composition.

So much to learn.............. so little time, :eek:

Fab photo btw.

Its just the next step of the rule of thirds, or rather what the rule of thirds is loosely based upon. With the golden mean/ratio there are only two spots for the center of attention to be out. Upper right hand third and lower left hand third.

And thank you! Aside from colour correction that photo is exactly as I shot it in camera. Didn't crop or alter it at all in post.

Its just the next step of the rule of thirds, or rather what the rule of thirds is loosely based upon. With the golden mean/ratio there are only two spots for the center of attention to be out. Upper right hand third and lower left hand third.

And thank you! Aside from colour correction that photo is exactly as I shot it in camera. Didn't crop or alter it at all in post.

And it is on my screen savers. Which is all of my favorites shots....and this.

Thanks folks! After looking at it more, I wish I would have made it square to look like an album cover, maybe for a "pop" artist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGG! I love that you understand ADOT!

When I cashiered at a truck stop out on I-40 I sold the ADOT guys their coffee and breakfast snacks on their way to work every day.. We had a section of road full of potholes on the way to work.. they would fill them with gravel, it would rain the next day and wash the gravel out, back to potholes.. I would ask them every morning for about 2 months if they were going to fill the potholes today? It got to be the running joke.. because they went and did what the boss told them to and my potholes were never it..lol. Finally one Saturday morning the potholes were properly filled! It was heaven not having to remember the swerve pattern to avoid them. :D Later that morning a new ADOT guy came in, I promptly thanked him for the smooth, potholeless ride to work.. He looks up at me and says 'you're the one'. Turns out the guys were stopping in the office every morning to tell him I was still bitching about the potholes and he finally got tired of hearing it and had them filled. :D I thanked him again and never saw him after that.. lol.

St Pancras Station

IMG_0291_zpsc7fcf18f.jpg

Love the stations!

Everyones pictures look fabulous. Been a hectic week! I may not participate next week. I plan to be sleep deprived and have a house full!.

My Best to All,

BB

Great pictures!

I love looking at everyone's photos to see what they've come up with. This week's challenge was educational to me...I had to read a little bit about leading lines and then went outside to see what I could find.

10-3-13artisticchallengeb_zpsa2222396.jpg

10-3-13artisticchallenge_zpsfe308dfa.jpg

Lesson well learned!

Thanks Oxford Don for letting me know about this...seems like fun ! Be nice...lol
Ship in Glasgow Harbour
attachment.php

Want to go for a sail now!

Love, love, love it!

Swan.jpg

Beautiful photo!

When I cashiered at a truck stop out on I-40 I sold the ADOT guys their coffee and breakfast snacks on their way to work every day.. We had a section of road full of potholes on the way to work.. they would fill them with gravel, it would rain the next day and wash the gravel out, back to potholes.. I would ask them every morning for about 2 months if they were going to fill the potholes today? It got to be the running joke.. because they went and did what the boss told them to and my potholes were never it..lol. Finally one Saturday morning the potholes were properly filled! It was heaven not having to remember the swerve pattern to avoid them. :D Later that morning a new ADOT guy came in, I promptly thanked him for the smooth, potholeless ride to work.. He looks up at me and says 'you're the one'. Turns out the guys were stopping in the office every morning to tell him I was still bitching about the potholes and he finally got tired of hearing it and had them filled. :D I thanked him again and never saw him after that.. lol.
Hahahaha, well thank you!

Hahahaha, well thank you!

You are so very welcome! Since I have to travel that same stretch of road from my sister's house into town when I vacation home, I'm curious as to the state of the road now.. May have to do a little ADOT truck stalking.. ;)

Back