Trans* webcomics

I know a number of them, so I hope to not fuck it up, but what are the stereotypes?
I won't insult your intelligence by stating the obvious sexual stereotypes and I like the idea that you're going to focus on the boyfriend and how difficult his life becomes dating her. That in turn will make her feel bad, so I'm sure there's a storyline for you to explore. You haven't said how she gets outed but a good one would be a homophobic character with privileged information.... but I'm writing the plot for you - ha! Can't help it, my imagination is running away with me!

In real life what can catch you out is when you think you are 'invisible' as trans* - that you pass 100% and then someone outs you unexpectedly
 
I won't insult your intelligence by stating the obvious sexual stereotypes and I like the idea that you're going to focus on the boyfriend and how difficult his life becomes dating her. That in turn will make her feel bad, so I'm sure there's a storyline for you to explore. You haven't said how she gets outed but a good one would be a homophobic character with privileged information.... but I'm writing the plot for you - ha! Can't help it, my imagination is running away with me!

In real life what can catch you out is when you think you are 'invisible' as trans* - that you pass 100% and then someone outs you unexpectedly

I know the sexual fetish ones. I'm aware of a few. She's kinda outed by rumors, which he explicably ignores. How he finds out- ah dunno. I only outlined the first two pages and the title card, I don't even know what most of the characters are going to look like. I actially just finished a concept art of Delphi, the transgirl. Experimemtes with a rainbow color pencil. I still need a title and I already have a story called Facsimile about a female to male- so that's out.
 
Wasn't exactly sure where to put this, so...
10246589_665096620224298_6411698838189240007_n.jpg


I recommend the Sociological Cinema facebook page to anyone interested in racism or LGBTQ issues.
 
Yes, I usually read your comments and very occasionally post one myself. I'm not looking forward to the next few episodes ("In a few days, this chapter will get VERY dark. Trigger warnings of all kinds here" :() but I will keep reading nonetheless because this strip is so powerful.
 
Bumping this old thread by editing the first post to add Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls, Chaos Life, and Questionable Content. Also altered some of my ratings and modified the scale from /5 to /10.
 
I just started reading Chaos Life and I'm already loving it! Looking forward to checking out a few of the others - thanks!
 
Back
Top