Roll Call - Nerds & Geeks

I scored free tickets to see the next How to Train your Dragon.

Envy me!

LIFE FORCE. I've never seen it. Looked it up after seeing your post. Seems crazy. Will watch it on a rainy day.

Oh science is definitely cool. We wouldn't be chatting here otherwise.

The movie also has Patrick Stewart with hair.

Science is definitely cool, and sexy

Hi everyone, I'm an official nerd and just wanted to put that out there. I love science fiction and fantasy and programming in Python (although I've been considering an affair with Julia). I used to do a lot more gaming, I still occasionally play magic the gathering but my work obsessions have been a distraction.

I'm 40, F, and travel all over for work.

Hi everyone, I'm an official nerd and just wanted to put that out there. I love science fiction and fantasy and programming in Python (although I've been considering an affair with Julia). I used to do a lot more gaming, I still occasionally play magic the gathering but my work obsessions have been a distraction.

Welcome to the boards!

Hope that you find some fun, friends, and distraction here.

I have never heard of Julia (closest I got to python was using a script set up to convert ebook files). Definitely not smart enough to be a nerd.

Glad that we have smart folks like you in the world!

Welcome to the boards!

Hope that you find some fun, friends, and distraction here.

I have never heard of Julia (closest I got to python was using a script set up to convert ebook files). Definitely not smart enough to be a nerd.

Glad that we have smart folks like you in the world!

So, we have a few comic book readers in the thread, it looks like. I feel the need to pimp my favorite new series, DIE. It's basically 'what if your D+D game kidnapped you."

Fantastically moody Stephanie Hans art, and it's building a fascinating world three issues in.

Most of my other reads are superheroes, but some of the indie stuff has great concepts.

Do you program as a profession or just a hobby? It's amazing by the way, my brain just can't seem to... get it. All those codes make my eyes water. Sending my respect your way.

I think that besides teasing people about the warm weather where she is, Annalisep is seeing how long she can keep the joke "how do you keep a turkey in suspense?" going.

On a separate but related note, has anyone watched _Altered Carbon_ on Netflix?

I think that besides teasing people about the warm weather where she is, Annalisep is seeing how long she can keep the joke "how do you keep a turkey in suspense?" going.

On a separate but related note, has anyone watched _Altered Carbon_ on Netflix?

Nope. Any good? My last series (which I have yet to finish) is Black Mirror.

Random nerdy/geeky/dorky act of the day

Looked up the chemicals responsible for the feeling of love. I wonder how old the research is, but interesting nonetheless. We are nothing but a bag of chemical reactions. Sexy science indeed.

Looked up the chemicals responsible for the feeling of love. I wonder how old the research is, but interesting nonetheless. We are nothing but a bag of chemical reactions. Sexy science indeed.

That is so cool . Me likey you :eek:

Back