Social Experiment - Ladies, Send a PM to a Random Man on Lit for a Change: The Redux

Yes, Lit hehe

Where were you living when you were working?

I was living in middle Georgia when I was working for hell. I'm originally from the coast where the sane Georgia residents live. haha (I never knew how crazy people from Georgia were until I worked in Middle Georgia)

I lurk on Lit. I mean, when you're bored on the internet, you go through a rotation of websites and it takes discipline to stay away from certain websites. Like Yahoo news.... I legit have no idea why I go there. It's just on my list of websites that's in rotation.

So I've been around. The only reason I came back today was because that girl PMed me. And then I thought she was putting me on blast because I PMed her back. lol I figured, "I might as well go ahead and admit it." lmao

I was living in middle Georgia when I was working for hell. I'm originally from the coast where the sane Georgia residents live. haha (I never knew how crazy people from Georgia were until I worked in Middle Georgia)

I lurk on Lit. I mean, when you're bored on the internet, you go through a rotation of websites and it takes discipline to stay away from certain websites. Like Yahoo news.... I legit have no idea why I go there. It's just on my list of websites that's in rotation.

So I've been around. The only reason I came back today was because that girl PMed me. And then I thought she was putting me on blast because I PMed her back. lol I figured, "I might as well go ahead and admit it." lmao

Oh, I see. I've had times when I just lurk here, too.

So, is your new job where the sane people are?

Lol well that works I guess XD

It's nuts how crazy parts of our home states can get. Try the difference between my side of VA and the coast. Might as well step back in time.

It's nuts how crazy parts of our home states can get. Try the difference between my side of VA and the coast. Might as well step back in time.

Just so the people are aware, it's your side that's a step back in time. :D

Oh, I see. I've had times when I just lurk here, too.

So, is your new job where the sane people are?

Well, I guess "sane" is relative. I guess what I'm referring to is rural people in general. Like, guns god and being Republican is all that matters. At least on the coast, there's a more diverse group of people with different lifestyles. It's more liberal, and being in Middle Georgia makes you realize that you miss people who discuss topics using actual facts.

So, in that sense.... there is more sanity here. I'm not saying it's the MOST SANE place. It's just nice to have that mix of people rather than than gun toting Christians.

Yep, that's exactly what it feels like. Just the overall feel of being in the area makes you literally feel like you're living in some old time when 1990+ never happened.

Y'all-queda is strong in parts of the south. They don't even realize it either. I gave up any hopes of having factual conversations years ago.

Y'all-queda is strong in parts of the south. They don't even realize it either. I gave up any hopes of having factual conversations years ago.

There are always those awkward moments when your coworker looks at you dead serious and goes, "The KKK didn't start off as racists." And then they want to tell you the history of how the KKK was formed.

*facepalm*

There are always those awkward moments when your coworker looks at you dead serious and goes, "The KKK didn't start off as racists." And then they want to tell you the history of how the KKK was formed.

*facepalm*

I told a guy a few weeks ago that he was stupid for thinking the rebel flag was anything but racist. Then broke out the damn history of the real Confederate flag and then explained how even if he flew the correct one it was still racist. Since the damn designer of the flag specifically stated it in multiple interviews. I stopped giving a shit about making them feel better. If you still think that way you deserve to be called our and worse in some cases.

I told a guy a few weeks ago that he was stupid for thinking the rebel flag was anything but racist. Then broke out the damn history of the real Confederate flag and then explained how even if he flew the correct one it was still racist. Since the damn designer of the flag specifically stated it in multiple interviews. I stopped giving a shit about making them feel better. If you still think that way you deserve to be called our and worse in some cases.

I didn't really run into any controversy over the Confederate Flag. I don't know why. I just didn't see it and nobody talked about it.

I dunno.... I'm just happy to be home. It feels real good.

By the way, off topic but God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 have recaptured my love for videogames. I was starting to think I was getting too old or something... I just couldn't immerse myself into anything. But those games are amazing.

I didn't really run into any controversy over the Confederate Flag. I don't know why. I just didn't see it and nobody talked about it.

I dunno.... I'm just happy to be home. It feels real good.

By the way, off topic but God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 have recaptured my love for videogames. I was starting to think I was getting too old or something... I just couldn't immerse myself into anything. But those games are amazing.

I was rocking some Spyro and now I'm onto some classic fire emblem action.

I was rocking some Spyro and now I'm onto some classic fire emblem action.

Fire Emblem is my the shit. I suck at it, but it's great. When one of my characters dies, I feel like I need to start over. Advance Wars was also a great game.

Spyro is one of those games I played like crazy when I was a kid and I remember absolutely none of it.

I'm getting this today and I'm about to lose my mind waiting on it.

BenQ EL2870U 28 inch 4K HDR Gaming Monitor, 1ms 3840x2160 , Free-Sync Eye-Care, Anti-glare, Brightness Intelligence Plus, HDMI, DP, Built-in Speakers

co5uBjE.jpg

I almost bought two Curved monitors, but I'm not much of a fan of them. They distort sometimes and that fucks with my eyes.

I almost bought two Curved monitors, but I'm not much of a fan of them. They distort sometimes and that fucks with my eyes.

Well.... to be honest, I'm not a fan of 4K. I think 1080p 60FPS is more important than 4K 30FPS. Admittedly, this was an impulse buy.

I mean, my computer is strong but can it withstand the power of maintaining 60FPS at 4K? I highly doubt it. I'd rather just have 1080p.

The size is really what excites me. TWSS. I really have to strain my eyes with a 24" monitor. Maybe I'll be able to see words on-screen now!

Oh who am I kidding..... I need glasses..... really bad.

Back