Notes from the dead

Joesephus

Really Experienced
As much as I miss my friend, he is gone. However, because my wife and I are moving on up to our “castle in the sky” okay a four bedroom mini-mansion, I’ve been going through J’s papers. He frequently printed out his responses to letters and posts to try to get his English correct which, as a computer klutz, he found easier to catch on paper.

All this to say that I found a note he was preparing to send (to an author?) here. I don’t know for whom it was intended so I thought I’d post it here only 10 1/2 years late. I haven’t fixed it, but I think you can understand why I the person intended might want to too see it.

First let me say how very much I appreciate all your help and advise, I’ve never told you, but I would never have continued writing without your encouragement and kindness. I continue to try to “unbloat” my stories but as you can see from “Dilemma” I still have far to go. It’s so very frustrating when I try to present my characters in clearly discriptions, but folks don’t see it. It really bothered me the way people didn’t get Lorelei. I tried to be subtle with her and Chris but once again I fall short. Chris is a very strong man, but modest when talking about himself so of course the general consensus is he’s some sort of spineless unformed wimp! I also blew in on Lorelei, no one got that the reason she allowed the prof to fuck her was daddy issues. She had placed in the role of her lost father and reacted like she was still a child. It’s also why she went overboard I her revenge. None of burn the bitch crowd saw her as being a parody of that group. I used their language in her mouth. I shouldn’t be surprised that no one got his initials either, I guess I was being too clever again.

I treasure your comments on my book, I’m going to see how it would look if I start with the sex scene, but the mirror scene is what XXX told me she heard my wife say. I do wish I was more like XXX in the book. I’m now more than half finished but I haven’t done any translation yet. And yes, you (and a couple others, so don’t get a big head) are the reason I’m writing it in English first. I need your insight and maturity. People mentioned my insight with my characters and I feel bad that I can’t tell them it’s really your insight.

Finally you were right about posting Lorelei's response, but I just had to get something out before I leave. I’ve spent many hours thinking about your insight about my mother. Yes, I guess I do still want her approval, and I’m going to tell her that I’ve forgiven her… which I would not without your counseling. You’ve made a tremendous difference in my life, and I will try to pay it forward. Please keep me in Prayer as I head back to XXX and I pray my mother’s last wedding.

I hope you see this, and I’d love to visit with you about J, I still miss him so much.

Jonnyrebel82 his roommate, best man and the guy who tries to answer his mail.

Last edited:
As much as I miss my friend, he is gone. However, because my wife and I are moving on up to our “castle in the sky” okay a four bedroom mini-mansion, I’ve been going through J’s papers. He frequently printed out his responses to letters and posts to try to get his English correct which, as a computer klutz, he found easier to catch on paper.

All this to say that I found a note he was preparing to send (to an author?) here. I don’t know for whom it was intended so I thought I’d post it here only 10 1/2 years late. I haven’t fixed it, but I think you can understand why I the person intended might want to too see it.

First let me say how very much I appreciate all your help and advise, I’ve never told you, but I would never have continued writing without your encouragement and kindness. I continue to try to “unbloat” my stories but as you can see from “Dilemma” I still have far to go. It’s so very frustrating when I try to present my characters in clearly discriptions, but folks don’t see it. It really bothered me the way people didn’t get Lorelei. I tried to be subtle with her and Chris but once again I fall short. Chris is a very strong man, but modest when talking about himself so of course the general consensus is he’s some sort of spineless unformed wimp! I also blew in on Lorelei, no one got that the reason she allowed the prof to fuck her was daddy issues. She had placed in the role of her lost father and reacted like she was still a child. It’s also why she went overboard I her revenge. None of burn the bitch crowd saw her as being a parody of that group. I used their language in her mouth. I shouldn’t be surprised that no one got his initials either, I guess I was being too clever again.

I treasure your comments on my book, I’m going to see how it would look if I start with the sex scene, but the mirror scene is what XXX told me she heard my wife say. I do wish I was more like XXX in the book. I’m now more than half finished but I haven’t done any translation yet. And yes, you (and a couple others, so don’t get a big head) are the reason I’m writing it in English first. I need your insight and maturity. People mentioned my insight with my characters and I feel bad that I can’t tell them it’s really your insight.

Finally you were right about posting Lorelei's response, but I just had to get something out before I leave. I’ve spent many hours thinking about your insight about my mother. Yes, I guess I do still want her approval, and I’m going to tell her that I’ve forgiven her… which I would not without your counseling. You’ve made a tremendous difference in my life, and I will try to pay it forward. Please keep me in Prayer as I head back to XXX and I pray my mother’s last wedding.

I hope you see this, and I’d love to visit with you about J, I still miss him so much.

Jonnyrebel82 his roommate, best man and the guy who tries to answer his mail.

ÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really don't understand this. I'm sorry. Sometimes I think some things are best left unsaid. I know, if it had been mine that's what I would have wanted. We're all different and that is a good thing. Perhaps it is helpful to some one. I hope so. I don't doubt the sincerity but it isn't what I would have done.

I debated about posting this…

Especially after such a long time. I decided to post it for the following:

1. It was clear to me he intended to send it
  2. It was something I would want to know if it had been addressed to me
  3. It had info about one of his more popular stories that I had missed (the profs initials)
  4. It also explains why he was writing his book, which was intended to impact politics in his home country, in English.
  5. It lets all his editors and beta readers know how much he valued their advice and/or input.
  6. Last but not least, I think it gives a glimpse of my friend’s personality that I wanted to share.

I hope this explains the post, and if you think this might have been addressed to you, please let me know.

Jonnyrebel82

Back