New Poem Recommendations

Does anyone else find Last Submission as mystifying and disturbing as I do? I have followed SusanSnow's poetry for a while now. It has been quite the experience. Does anyone know her or her story?

This is almost a suicide note : but she does have a morbid fascination for death because when i wrote an eulogy on a celeb's death she commented that she could'nt resist epitaphs & obits ......
 
Does anyone else find Last Submission as mystifying and disturbing as I do? I have followed SusanSnow's poetry for a while now. It has been quite the experience. Does anyone know her or her story?

A peephole into a life that never was, perhaps?

In any case, she's got everyone talking. She's the Duchampion of the week for that, at least.
 
Mr morningwood's Grammarotica is playful , light hearted & grammatical too !
 
I took a wander through new poems this morning, not having been there for a while, and found some real treats. If you scroll down a bit you'll find All Within Our Floods from wakingDown, which received a well-deserved E. To me, the poem reads like a post-apocalypse tale, with the narrator surveying what was lost and how it came to that point. It's a big topic but wakingDown serves it with strong images and an almost journalistic tone that lets the reader decide how to feel about it.

Continue to scroll and you'll find a plethora of poems by GuiltyPleasure, who (imho) couldn't write a bad poem if she tried. My favorite of this group is Hummingbird, which provides a close and loving look at one species trying to safeguard another.

We are certainly in a renaissance of good poetry of late, both here on the forum and in new poems. If you have some time, read, vote and comment. :)
 
Pearls by BaalatErotas, a Poet to watch out for I'm thinking. I've invited her over to this forum threads, I do hope she comes.
 
Harry's A no-Dog world is a poem which will resonate with all dog-lovers !!
 
Another new poet BaalatErotas has submitted an intriguing poem in Ink with a common theme, but does it in a smart way
My private response to your comment on my poem was that I'm no poet. I am, however, grateful that you mentioned my poem here. I had no idea there were Poetry Forums and totally love having a discussion/advice/recommendation spot to come to for ideas and basic good vibes.

Not quite used to the thread setups, but figuring it out.

Thank you so much,
BE
 
Thank you so much, UYS.

I've never been on any forums before, so it took me a while to find my way here and figure out how to reply. Bear with me.

I don't see myself as a poet at all. I only started sharing because, as with my novels, something burned so urgently inside that I had to get it out. I've been writing poems (and stories) since childhood - but this is how long it took to put my poetry somewhere others could view it at will. Quite frankly, I'd pictured myself posting poems nobody read - and would have been fine with that so long as I'd gotten them OUT-out.

So, you can imagine my surprise and gratitude at your warm response and welcome. Thank you. Most especially for inviting me into an entire group of like-minded creatives that I had no idea were chatting away right here on a daily basis.

My kind of party, indeed.
BE
 
Back
Top