Looking For Very Specific Type of Music

Hey all,

I am a top who is planning a special night for me and my sub. We have both been experimenting with bondage and dominance/submissive play for about a year.

For the special night, I have all the basics (cuffs, candles, rope, blindfolds, etc). However, I am finding it hard to build a playlist for the occasion. My sub is a female catholic who is mostly into pop music. I enjoy more hard rock, grunge, goth rock. She hates Manson, NIN, depeche mode, Type O Negative etc.

I think I want to build a playlist around songs like Principles of Lust by Enigma. Do you know of any songs that embody the same tone? I would prefer music without the Gregorian chants (might make my catholic sub too uncomfortable).

Thanks all

Principles of Lust-Enigma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-TLZcS0Es

Hey all,

I am a top who is planning a special night for me and my sub. We have both been experimenting with bondage and dominance/submissive play for about a year.

For the special night, I have all the basics (cuffs, candles, rope, blindfolds, etc). However, I am finding it hard to build a playlist for the occasion. My sub is a female catholic who is mostly into pop music. I enjoy more hard rock, grunge, goth rock. She hates Manson, NIN, depeche mode, Type O Negative etc.

I think I want to build a playlist around songs like Principles of Lust by Enigma. Do you know of any songs that embody the same tone? I would prefer music without the Gregorian chants (might make my catholic sub too uncomfortable).

Thanks all

Hmm, tempted to suggest having a listen to some Ozric Tentacles stuff on the net, but they might not be pop/dance -ish enough. They can vary though, from quite light (Crackerblocks) to pretty intense (try 'The Throbbe' or 'Mysticum Abricola'), so you might find something to help the mood along. Good luck :)

SV

Hey all,

Thanks all

Perhaps some poppy industrial then?

Hmm, tempted to suggest having a listen to some Ozric Tentacles stuff on the net, but they might not be pop/dance -ish enough. They can vary though, from quite light (Crackerblocks) to pretty intense (try 'The Throbbe' or 'Mysticum Abricola'), so you might find something to help the mood along. Good luck :)

SV

The Throbbe is definitely the type of music I am looking for. Anything else like this? Maybe a bit heavier or more gothic? Either way, The Throbbe will be added to the playlist, thanks!

Check out Ameno by Era

Althought I love Ameno, Mother, and Divano, the music is too reminiscent of the catholic church (which would be a big turnoff to my sub). Do you know of anything that uses similar instrumentals without the Gregorian chants? I will definitely be adding these songs to my casual listen playlist thought.

Call the Ships to Port, definitely a great song to have when the session really gets going. I will be adding it. Do you have any other recommendations?

If you want to set a calm, relaxed atmosphere, try Brian Eno's Music for Airports. It's unobtrusive and very soothing - maybe for the end of the evening :)

Try psychobilly. It's like Elvis meets the Misfits. The Horrorpops are one of my favorites.

I'm not sure if any of these are what you're looking for, but you might give them a try:

Peter Gabriel's Passion. Technically it's religious-themed (it's the soundtrack for "The Last Temptation of Christ") but that's unlikely to come through from the music alone.

Dark ambient, like this collaboration and others from Cryo Chamber - whether you find this relaxing or sinister is very much in the ear of the listener. Loooong tracks, so you don't have to worry too much about transitions.

For a change of mood, happy bouncy poppy German song about BDSM: Sweet Sweet Gwendoline.

Bryan Ferry's stuff has some similar sultry tones.

Slave to Love.

Good taste. For a slightly darker tone, I'm very fond of his Bête Noire, or perhaps "Your Painted Smile".

Listen to the albums "Black Widow" and "Blood" from In This Moment. Some of those songs are so incredibly sexual.

When I'm in the mood for BDSM play, I usually lean on two songs to put me in the mood. Sisters of Mercy's song "Cry Little Sister" and Sundown's song "Star". You say you are into goth and all. Chances are you may have heard both these songs, but if not, do enjoy:)

I've enjoyed many of the music selections offered on this thread.

Just thought I would throw into the mix.

VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater, personal favorite is Touched

Back