Thieves Among Us-Closed

Oh Ho, so that was how she was going to play it then. Well two could play that little game.

He continued to dance with her and then they came to the ending and he slowly dipped her and gave her a smoldering look laced with just a little Vampire charm. He kept her there for a slow count of three, gazing into her eyes, his lips almost touching hers...Then he slowly backed up and pulled her to a standing position.

"You dance divinely Rina. If this is how good you are when you are a little Tipsy, you must be magnificent when you are fully prepared," he smiled. Gesturing to the edge of the roof he walked to the ladder and looked down.

"Perhaps I should go first this time Mademoiselle. At least allow me the opportunity to catch you if you fall, or at least sacrifice my body when you land on top of it," he chuckled.
 
She was glad he didn't make a big production over her finally letting her take her home. They danced and before she knew it, they were merely an inch apart. She gazed into his eyes with a submission she didn't know she even possessed. 'Move forward' she tried to will but he didn't. Then she was back on her feet feeling the loss of the kiss that didn't occur.

It took her a moment to recompose herself and she smiled back to him. He had released her and was walking to the edge of the roof. Again she felt a loss. What the hell was happening with her? He made the somewhat joke that he should go first.

Her wit came back "I agree, after all we can't risk damaging my precious hands" she teased back, thinking of nothing better in that moment then having his body close to her once again. They descended the ladder and made it to the ground. Taking his arm he led her back to the limo.

Telling the driver her address, she sat back and looked at him. "Thank you for a wonderful evening." she said softly giving him a genuine smile. "I don't think I've ever had this much fun not working."
 
Phillip smiled as they walked to the limo and as he sat with her he allowed his arm to gently encircle her waist. "Well then I can assume that my first date was a success then. Of course this means I will have to think of something completely different for our second one but still make it as exciting. Do you have any suggestions?"

As the Limo glided to a halt in front of her building he pulled her close and gently kissed her, letting a small bit of the passion he felt for her seep through to her. Then he let her go and got out helping her from the car and walking her to the door.

"I would offer to walk you all the way to your door, but I know how secretive you are and I want to keep something for our second date," he smiled mischievously. Picking up her hand he kissed it and then bowed. "Until tomorrow night then mademoiselle. I will see you at the dance studio."

Turning around he quickly strolled to the car and jumped in and told the driver to set off for his hotel.
 
Rina returned the kiss to Phillip with a passion she didn't know she possessed. It was enough for her to loose her breath. She hadn't had time to blush until the car stopped in front of her building. He gallantly walked her to the door giving her a kiss on the hand and teasing her about being able to come up the next time.

If it was one thing about Phillip she noticed is he was consistent in what he said and did. Evidently her benefactor was comfortable with the idea of the two of them together. She questioned whether it was a test or if he genuinely thought Phillip was a good match for her. Could she possibly have something normal in her life?

She had practically melted in his arms. They moved together like a flow of a river, and they had similar ambitions. Why not give him a chance? After a hot shower and some water to hydrate herself she went to bed. For the next date she would wear something pretty she decided as she closed her eyes and drifted off.

The next day she awoke and went shopping. For the perfect outfit that would ensure more of those kisses to come.
 
Phillip was in love. He could not believe it. For the first time in the many long centuries he had been alive he was actually in love. Oh he had been infatuated before and satiated his lusts on women, but it never lasted and he soon grew bored, but never had he felt this way with any of them.

Still he had doubts. Was it fair on her? He would never be able to see her in the daylight and sooner or later she was bound to ask that question, Why? Over the years he had developed several answers. His job kept him awake at night so he needed to sleep during the day. He had a rare allergy to sunlight,he just preferred the dark.

Of course with her the job one would work, for awhile. However he knew that it would not last. There was always down time between jobs and she was bound to want to explore whatever city they happened to find themselves in.

He was ancient enough that he could stand some exposure to sunlight. He had been going out in the mornings and sunset for most of his life, trying to build up an immunity. However he could only stand about an hour, more if it was overcast. The invention of sunblock had been a godsend and allowed him to last longer, but he looked suspicious as he had to cover every part of his exposed body.

So his choices were to see where this went and then tell her the truth, or leave her. Or break it off now and save them both the heartache. He knew he should do the latter but he could just not bring himself to do it. After so long being alone he needed her even if it might end badly.

The next night he dressed casually but still smartly. He had an entirely different night for them planned. He only hoped she enjoyed it as much. Strolling into the dance studio he smiled as he saw her.

"Well hello beautiful," he said looking her up and down. "You are looking fabulous tonight."
 
Rina found the cutest dress when she was out shopping that fit her perfectly accentuating every curve and leaving enough, but little to the imagination. Taking her hair she placed it upon her head to elongate her neck.

She had gotten there before him and paced back and forth a little. What if she had scared him off? What if he wasn't coming? She racked her mind to think if there was anything that she may have done or said in her buzzed state that would have been off putting. Nothing, if anything having some alcohol gave her the opportunity to get closer to him without all of her walls up.

A feeling of relief came over her when he walked through the door. A genuine smile crossed her lips as she saw him. "Thank you" she said to his compliment on her dress. "You look quite handsome yourself." and he smelled good too she thought. A small blush came over her face. "So what adventure do you have planned for us tonight?" she asked curious as she grabbed her clutch and took his arm.
 
After seeing her gorgeous dress,he was glad he had not gone too casual tonight. He had debated about wearing a sweater vest and pants, or maybe even just a shirt and suspenders, but he had been unable to bring himself to do so. He was going on a date and as such he still had to look a certain way, unless he had informed her before hand.

As such he was dressed in a less formal way. Casual slack pants, a dress shirt and a coat that he left open. He had copied the look from an actor he had seen in the movies, James or Jimmy someone. Most of the women thought he was dashing so maybe it would work. He was also glad he had chosen blue today as it matched her outfit.

"Oh tonight is going to be very different," he smiled at her. "I promised you three dates and it would be wrong of me to do the same thing over and over again now wouldn't it," he chuckled. Holding his arm out and pulling her in a little closer he led her out to the street and then started walking.

They didn't have far to go, in fact he led them to their little bistro and smiled at her. "I thought perhaps we would start here tonight. After all this is where we kept meeting after the studio. It is only right we include it in our Dates."

Holding out a chair for her he then scooted around and sat opposite and then casually ordered a coffee and a small tart. Then he looked at her. "I would not fill up just yet, we have a big night planned," he grinned mysteriously.
 
"If I remember correctly" she said teasingly "All you won was three dates." She squeezed his arm as they walked in the night to the Bistro. "You're right it does seem only fitting." Taking a seat in the chair he pulled out She watched as he sat and ordered a tea.

"Very mysterious of you Phillip" as she said his name it seemingly rolled off her tongue with a bit of sensuality to it. "I'm excited to see what you have planned for us, I think tonight i'll try not to drink too much" she laughed softly.

As she watched him the feeling of his arms wrapped around her, and the way his lips felt against hers. The way her body responded to him as if it somehow belonged to him. She blushed a little and stole a corner of his tart.

"So what are your intentions with me Phillip?" she questioned wondering what was going to happen after their third date. Was he wanting just an affair, or a life long commitment.
 
He looked at her and the passion in his eyes was unmistakable for a second before he dampened it. "My intentions Miss Barshay, or am I allowed to call you Rina yet?" he chuckled. "My intentions are to take you on the last two dates, sweep you off your feet, have you fall madly in love with me, and obviously make you mine." He smiled at her and then chuckled.

That is the flippant answer and one you would expect. The truth of the matter is that I truly have no idea. You intrigue me Rina. I have never met another woman like you, and I don't think I will again. Do I think this is love, I actually have no idea. Do I wish to be with you, absolutely. Do I wish to sleep with you? Well I will not deny that. You are a beautiful woman and the things we have been doing together have brought that thought to my mind," he chuckled again. "However that will always be up to you. Do I see myself with you in ten years time?" He looked deep into her eyes and took her hand. "Isn't that the purpose of these dates?" he asked her.

Just then a waiter walked past and jostled their table breaking the connection they had between them and he sat back laughing a little. "I hope I satisfied your curiosity a little Rina. Now if you will excuse me I have a little something to pick up inside."

With that he got up and walked inside and up to the counter.
 
Rina wasn't sure what she could possibly say to the answer he replied with. But he answered every question she had. Did she expect it, she wasn't sure. She had never been placed in this position before. Every man she had ever danced with or kissed before him had been a mark. But he wasn't, he was her equal and her match. With him she felt a sense of peace and happiness that hadn't been afforded to her before. She could very easily fall in love with him if she wasn't already.

The waiter interrupted their intense moment. Rina nodded when he said he had to go inside and asked if that answered her questions. Oh boy did it ever. He got up and went inside. It gave her a moment to breath and take in all the words he said. She was in this for the long haul. If she didn't know it on the first date, then she did for certain now.

She tapped her fingers nervously as she sat alone at the table. Her eyes taking in everything and everyone as she trained to do. It was hard for her to imagine how content she was with the solitude before she met him. Now she simply wanted to be in his presence.
 
He returned with a large basket and placed it next to the table as they finished their drinks and his tart. Once they had he took her arm again and casually strolled with her down the road and into the park where they had first met.

He took her past the park bench and stopped her there and slowly bent down and lightly kissed her. "Just to commemorate the occasion," he told her, then led her deeper into the park. Soon he stopped on a large path and waved and out of the gloom a horse drawn carriage appeared. Two black horses pulled a white open carriage.

It stopped in front of them and he opened the door and helped her up the small steps that had materialized as he did so. He got in behind her and shut the door and sitting beside her he signaled to the driver to move off.

Placing the basket at his feet he unrolled the blanket that had been placed on the seat for them and covered them up and then pulled her close. "So a moonlit carriage ride in the park. I hope you approve," he smiled.
 
Once he appeared the tapping of her fingers stopped. She eyed the basket curiously and smiled to him. After their drinks she took his arm and he let her into the park. When he stopped and kissed her she thought she was going to melt. Then they continued till the carriage appeared.

Her eyes danced as they got in and he put down the blanket. Then he pulled her close and covered them up asking her if she approved of the moonlit carriage ride."I am thoroughly surprised, mystified and overwhelmed." she said softly. Tilting her head up to him she kissed him softly.

Tears appeared in her eyes as she broke the kiss and tried to contain herself. "I never imagined this kind of moment in my life" she said softly. "I just don't know what to say other then if you top this date you're never getting rid of me"
 
"Oh a challenge. Well then I accept it, especially with such a prize if I do," he chuckled.

They rode in silence for a little bit just enjoying each others company. Then he began to point out various constellations in the night sky. Finally he turned to her and leaning down kissed her. It was not a light kiss, nor a kiss between lovers. Instead it was an exploratory kiss. One of those kisses between two people who had not known each other long but had passion in it.

He sat back but kept her close and smiled down at her, then pointed ahead towards a small clearing. "Ahh I see our dining area for the evening approaches."

Ahead was a small area that had been cleaned and strung up with lights. A small fire had been set up and it looked warm and inviting. The carriage stopped and he got out, taking the basket with him and held up his hand. "Would Madam care to join me."
 
She had never thought she would be the type of person that enjoyed romance. But Phillip continually surprised her with talk of the stars, the carriage ride, his kiss, being wrapped in his arms. Even when things were quiet it wasn't awkward.

Taking his hand she stepped out of the carriage. Her face lit up as she took in the scene before them. "How did you do all of this?" she questioned taking his arm and walking toward the fire and light strings. "I don't think you can top this" she said turning and smiling up at him before entwining her arm back in his.

As he put down the basket she took his hand and said "come dance with me". There was nothing more then she wanted in that moment was to be in his arms again.
 
He laughed as she asked him to dance. She didn't need to know that he had minions that he had sent to get everything ready. Let her think that he had paid people to set it all up.

He took her in his arms and danced around the clearing in the firelight.This time he kept her close and danced slowly, leading her in a slow, sensual waltz around the clearing. It felt good to have her in his arms and indeed he found himself getting a little excited. He would have to control that as he felt it begin to rub against her and he tried to adjust his body so it no longer did discretely.

He brought their dance to a halt so that he could bring himself under control, smiling as he pulled a large blanket out of the basket and spread it near the fire, and then pulling out a variety of picnic goods.

"I know it might seem strange to have a picnic at night but let's enjoy it shall we. As for topping this date I sure hope I am able to. After all if I do you are going to be with me always remember," he smiled.
 
Being this close to him, her body pressed against his as they moved together under the moonlight brought her a calmness she had never known. She loved the feel of his chest against her. The way he smelled, and lulled her into a feeling of security and sereneness.

She almost frowned as the dance stopped and their bodies separated. She watched the grace in which he laid down the blanket and nodded to their late night picnic. "Of course, I prefer the moonlight to the sun anyway. It's more secluded, and unexpected"

Sitting down next to him she smiled at his comment about topping the date. "Oh I do remember" she said not even wanting to begin to deny it. It scared her, the thought of allowing herself to fall for him. But at the same time it brought her a sense of adrenaline for heading into unknown waters.

The only real communication, if you want to call it that, that she had with another human was her benefactor. She always had a loyalty to him for giving her a life that was exciting and full of treasure and surprises. Somehow knowing he was always there for her, perhaps even watching over her was the only security she needed. Until now, until him and his witty charm and somewhat dominating personality. He had quickly figured out what buttons to press and when to wait until pressing the next one. She was completely in danger of falling madly in love with him, if she wasn't already.
 
Once everything was laid out, Phillip picked up a plate and took a little bit of everything and then handed it to her, before doing the same for himself and then casually sitting next to her. The fare was exactly what you would expect to find at a picnic. Potato salad, coleslaw, bean salad, deviled eggs, Rainbow toss pasta salad, A cold hamburger picnic pie, and some cold chicken. There was even a Apple pie and cream for afterwards and several bottles of soft drink and thermos's of coffee and tea.

Smiling he looked at her as they ate. "Well I am glad you are liking the evening so far and I do have other things planned, but perhaps you could give me a few hints about our next date. Just what would top this one? I do have some ideas but are you going to give me any clues?"
 
"Oh my, you got some of my favorites" she said taking the plate from him and dipping her fork into it and taking a bite. "We really should eat at that bistro more often" she smiled to him. "You surprised me, all of this is so overwhelming."

"I don't know anything about dating." she said softly. "But I can tell you what I loved. I loved the fact that all of our dates have given us the opportunity to talk, to dance, and with each one you gave just the right amount of romance to not make me feel suffocated, but to feel honored, speechless, and left me looking forward to the next time I get to see you." She smiled taking a bite of the cold hamburger pie.

He eyes looked at his and she smiled picking up the napkin wiping her mouth. "You've put so much detail into this, i'm so completely honored that you think this much of me. Whether we're dancing on the moon, or working you just bring out something that I never knew I was missing."

Shrugging a little she added. "I don't know that will help you with clues, but at least you know I won't say no to a fourth date."
 
Phillip chuckled. "I thank you for that and indeed it does help. However I must correct you about something. If the third date goes as planned I am afraid there will be no fourth date."

He looked at her to see what her reaction would be to those words. He was pretty sure he knew what it would be and he held up his hand to stop her from crying out or anything.

"After all you did say we would be together forever from that point on, so why date anymore? We would just make it official and get married. I think that would be the perfect solution. Of course you might think otherwise and that is fine, after all it is up to you to say yes."

He looked at her out of the corner of his eye gauging her reaction to his words. "Of course I am getting ahead of myself. I still have to top this date, and it is not even over yet," he chuckled.
 
Rina had literally laid her her heart out on her sleeve for the first time ever, and he advised her there wouldn't be a fourth date. Her heart sank, and her eyes slightly glassed over but there was something in the way his eyes danced to keep her from giving a full reaction.

He then held up his hand to signal he wasn't done. She listened as he told her his reason was because they should just get married. Her eyes widened a little and a smirk went across her lips ready to give a smart ass reply. But he then continued on how he had to top the third date, and this one wasn't over yet.

She simply laughed and shook her head. "So much for not suffocating me" she said with a playful smirk. "But so you know, I mean if you can actually top this date, which I doubt. But the proposal will have to top them all to even get me to consider saying yes." Taking her fork she stabbed a piece of his hamburger pie and put it in her mouth."
 
Phillip laughed loudly, startling a nesting bird who took off with a fluttering of wings. "So not only would I have to make sure the next date is much better than this one, but I would then have to make sure I proposed in such an outrageous fashion that you would have no other choice but to say yes."

Chuckling he pinched a bite of her potato salad and took his time eating. Then looking up and down her body and then into her face he smiled seductively. "Well then I think after tonight I best get to thinking. You may have to wait a little bit though as you have just sprung this on me, but rest assured I will find a way to do it."

Placing his now empty plate down he gestured around them. "However let us stop talking about the future and concentrate on the now. If you have finished your meal perhaps we can take a leisurely stroll before having some cake," he asked as he stood up and offered her his hand.
 
"I believe I said consider to say yes. You better then anyone should know I don't like to be cornered." she smirked again Reaching over she stole one of his chickpeas.
He told her she may have to wait while he thinks it over.

She replied with another cheeky smirk "Don't wait too long, a girl has options ya know, and you've opened my eyes to a world of them. Though I doubt anyone could come close to any of your dates. But it would be fun to find out." Oh she was playing a dangerous game of teasing him. But he should know that no one would even get close to her like him. She had tried to keep a straight face but couldn't help but giggle and place her plate down to reach over and squeeze his arm.

As he placed his plate down and rose she took his hand for help up then took his arm for their leisurely stroll. Her mind was in twirls, he had to be teasing her about marriage. But then he was right there were only so many dates she could endure without ending up in his arms and wanting his hands all over her. She was dangerously close to that as it was.

There was something so unique about him. Of course only another thief could find a way to steal her breath away and her heart at the same time. She leaned her head against his arm as they walked down the path enjoying the sounds of the night.
"It is so quiet and peaceful" she said softly looking up to him.

She had to give Phillip kudos, against every turn he'd been consistent, persistent and yet respectful. Rina knew she wasn't an easy person to get close to. Until him she had never considered letting anyone in her life. Let alone kissing and wooing her. She knew she could pick up her heart if she had to and live without him. But she didn't want to.
 
Phillip pulled her in close to him, yet did not hug her tightly or forcefully. he merely supported her gently against his body, enjoying the feel of her against him while allowing her the luxury of knowing she could walk on her own at any time. Still it was very nice having her cuddled in against him.

He led her down a meandering path that wound it's way passed a small lake, through some pretty gardens, across a small park and then back to their picnic spot. At their pace it was a walk of about half an hour which enabled them time to talk and digest their food.

"So Rina...I hope I have earned the right to call you Rina," he smiled. "You will have to forgive me if I ask that our third date is postponed for a few nights. Obviously I will need time to plan something spectacular, especially as I plan to steal your heart away," he chuckled. "Will you forgive me?"
 
Rina smiled, "yes you may call me Rina" she said rolling her eyes. "Actually that works out perfectly for me. I have some jobs i'd like to do if i have to go buy another dress for a date." she smirked back to him.

She really didn't want this night to end. Rina had really enjoyed the comfort of being embraced by him as they walked. In her life she had seen couples walking like they were and never really thought about it. It was never going to be a life she would have. But here she was walking with a man, under the moonlit sky in a romantic park with dancing, food, and smart ass remarks. There couldn't be a better way to spend her evening that she could think of.

"I think you mentioned there was cake?" she ask biting her lower lip softly
 
Oh she was so cute when she did that, he thought as she bit down on her bottom lip. It was amazing the feelings she was stirring in him. He had not felt lust in such a long time, yet he felt a stirring in his loins that had not been there for many centuries. Oh he had rutted with women but this had nothing to do with that. He wanted her in a way that surpassed more than physical need.

Coughing slightly to hide his embarrassment at the way his body was reacting, although he was sure she probably could not tell, he started to increase their pace as he guided them back to their picnic site. "Oh we do indeed have cake, and pie. I was not sure which you preferred so I brought both. Apple pie and cream, and a orange sponge cake." He looked at her as they strolled along and then smiled. "I was going to make it chocolate, but I do know how you women love to watch your figure," he joked. Between their work and all the dancing it would be a miracle if she ever put on an ounce of fat, and he knew it.
 
Back
Top