Congratulations to President Obama!

He doesn't need to make excuses for anything. Nor is it your job to accept them.

I'm sure that sounds nifty, but what a lamebrained thing to post. Of course he has to answer to his actions. We all do. That's what having the law is all about. And nothing I posted indicated we were talking about anyone but me accepting his excuses in the discussion between us. Of course I can reject them as excuses if they don't convince me. (You do this all the time on the forum, toots.) Nowhere did I post that I was doing anyone's job. I'm not being the police. I'm cheering the police on in this instance.

I swear for an intelligent woman, you don't half think when all you want to do is rag on someone on the forum. All principles go right out the window. That's what zealots do.

Last edited:
I aam working on a 55 chevy sedan delivery now

The customer wants a pair of bucket seats from an early corvair. They are the old style buckets flat and wide with the chrome going up the side of the back. I am just putting two seats in the car, but everything in the back will be padded or carpeted.

The customer wants a pair of bucket seats from an early corvair. They are the old style buckets flat and wide with the chrome going up the side of the back. I am just putting two seats in the car, but everything in the back will be padded or carpeted.

I think I had those seats in a 1967 Nova too(?)

My cousin had a Nova with those seats. Not sure what year I want to say 64, but who knows? Maybe I'll e-mail him. I'm sure I could google it, but I hate doing that shit.

I was never a fan of those. I have a Nova 1972 SS that is about halfway restored. I also have an 1970 Oldsmobile 442, but right now its pretty much a motor with a shell.

That's very possible

All the GM cars used them for quite a while. They weren't as snazzy as the mustangs buckets, but they were sure an up-grade from the old style bench seat.

So many people tore out the old bench seats from the older cars like 55 through 58 chevies that now the old bench seat frame and springs without any covering at all can bring up to six hundred bucks. Everybody wanted the bucket seats, and nobody wanted the bench seats so they found there way to the dumps and landfills.

Now they are worth much more the the bucket seats that replaced them. I loved the vega seats because they were so narrow that you could put two of them side by side in the old model A's.

That's very possible

All the GM cars used them for quite a while. They weren't as snazzy as the mustangs buckets, but they were sure an up-grade from the old style bench seat.

So many people tore out the old bench seats from the older cars like 55 through 58 chevies that now the old bench seat frame and springs without any covering at all can bring up to six hundred bucks. Everybody wanted the bucket seats, and nobody wanted the bench seats so they found there way to the dumps and landfills.

Now they are worth much more the the bucket seats that replaced them. I loved the vega seats because they were so narrow that you could put two of them side by side in the old model A's.

Had a Vega too. Gave it to a sister when I went abroad once and she promptly smashed it up. It felt sporty to me--and still not too fine to park in southeast D.C. when I worked at the Navy Yard and still expect to find in one piece when I came back to it. Three Novas, one of which I bought in Bangkok.

This is just for Pilot

Pilot I hope this is as close as I ever get to getting searched.

Attachments

• stoned rudouf.jpg
    stoned rudouf.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
"Trickle Down" economics does NOT work. That's what the Busch tax cuts were, just repackaged. It does NOT work, never did, never will. Busch explained that giving the top earners cuts would cause them to reinvest the money into creating jobs.

And that NEVER happened!!

It worked pretty goddamn well for China— raising an entire nation of (then) a billion people out of grinding poverty and destitution.

...Backing Deng Xiaoping two years after Mao’s death in 1976, they wagered that opening China to the outside world would raise living standards, while avoiding social upheaval that would threaten the Communist Party’s grip on power.

In three decades, they and their successors lifted more than 600 million people out of poverty and created a home-owning middle class as China rose to become the world’s second-biggest economy. Chinese on average now eat six times more meat than they did in 1976, and 100 million people have traded in their bicycles for automobiles...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...pitalism-from-citic-to-godfather-of-golf.html

As I'm sitting enjoying football two commercials from Exxon come on one states the US kids finished 17th worldwide in science the second that they finished 25th in math.

4 more years of cutting school funding and increasing welfare is sure to help with those numbers.

4 more years baby, lets celebrate!

As I'm sitting enjoying football two commercials from Exxon come on one states the US kids finished 17th worldwide in science the second that they finished 25th in math.

4 more years of cutting school funding and increasing welfare is sure to help with those numbers.

4 more years baby, lets celebrate!

Four more years of GOP obstructionism, especially on education!

It worked pretty goddamn well for China— raising an entire nation of (then) a billion people out of grinding poverty and destitution.

It worked for the top 1% and the government, but what about the middle and lower classes? Did the money make its way down there? NOPE!

Trickle down does NOT work for EVERYONE

Four more years of GOP obstructionism, especially on education!

You know, I know the President is only one man and he fights against the senate and the house and of course the GOP.

But just like with any other president I get tired of the default finger pointing of "its them not me"

A great president can unite and overcome.

Obama is not even mediocre.

You know, I know the President is only one man and he fights against the senate and the house and of course the GOP.

But just like with any other president I get tired of the default finger pointing of "its them not me"

A great president can unite and overcome.

Obama is not even mediocre.
Just because you get tired of it does not mean it isn't true.

Who was the last "great president" in your opinion?

But plenty of guns.

Yes, Stella guns have created the high unemployment rate.

Guns have sent the jobs to Chine

Guns are going to push us over the fiscal cliff

Guns are stopping money being funded to education and all other budget cuts where we need them the most.

Guns are causing parents to no longer raise their kids, but send them to doctors to get meds

Guns are causing the doctors to medicate rather than treat those issues.

Then the guns are somehow jumping into the hands of the new generation of pyscho's the apathy in this country has created and whispering in their ears "use me, pull my trigger baby!"

guns are also causing SS to run out and also unaffordable heathcare, they are the reason there are record numbers of homeless families.

But thank you for your post Stella, seriously

Because what you just proved is something I said before, Obama is loving this shooting, him and the GOP and everyone else who is to blame for the sorry state this nation is in.

Because all that I mentioned is being swept under the rug and these poor kids are being used as a deflection for us to forget about what else is going on in the world

If obama's teary eyes joke of a speech was even a fraction heartfelt he wouldn't have needed to read through a teleprompter.

anyway thanks for proving the point Stella. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to o go tell the woman across the street who is now in forecloser because she has been unable to find a job in over a year (over 10% in RI) that my owning a semi automatic rifle is why she is losing her home.

but she can have all the guns she wants.

I mean-- we have created a society of desperate and desperately unhappy people,

We tell people they have no right to assistance with support, education, health, security-- and we give them guns.

The GOP doesn't want women to have abortion because that's murder, but women should have a gun.

yep, it totally makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Just because you get tired of it does not mean it isn't true.

Who was the last "great president" in your opinion?

Hmmm, well in my time I would most likely go with Reagan, but sadly he would be considered unacceptable today because heaven forbid he would attack the nations attacking us and support guns.

I felt Clinton did a good job, but great? I don;t think so, but they have gone down hill ever since, I guess its a reflection of the rest of the world.

I was telling someone the other day who was discussing the Cuban missile crisis that Obama would not only let the Russians put the missiles there, but help fund them.

This country is seriously weak Stella and I'm not saying that from a "war monger" point of view, but a serious opinion. It is weak financially, educationally and especially morally. And as for the military? We're just as weak there because this country is defenseless when the commander in chief can;t find enough people to say he's sorry to.

Hmmm, well in my time I would most likely go with Reagan, but sadly he would be considered unacceptable today because heaven forbid he would attack the nations attacking us and support guns.

I felt Clinton did a good job, but great? I don;t think so, but they have gone down hill ever since, I guess its a reflection of the rest of the world.

I was telling someone the other day who was discussing the Cuban missile crisis that Obama would not only let the Russians put the missiles there, but help fund them.

This country is seriously weak Stella and I'm not saying that from a "war monger" point of view, but a serious opinion. It is weak financially, educationally and especially morally. And as for the military? We're just as weak there because this country is defenseless when the commander in chief can;t find enough people to say he's sorry to.

Boy, you sure sound like a Tea Party member or a "Reagan Republican" for sure. You blame the president, call him names, yet offer no solutions to anything.

but she can have all the guns she wants.

I mean-- we have created a society of desperate and desperately unhappy people,

We tell people they have no right to assistance with support, education, health, security-- and we give them guns.

The GOP doesn't want women to have abortion because that's murder, but women should have a gun.

yep, it totally makes sense to me.

What is the number of deaths a year involving legally owned guns-I stress legally owned so no drug related shootings and gang shootouts and etc...'

There are around 300 million legally owned guns in this country, now from experience most gun owners own more than one. so lets say 100 million legal responsible gun owners.

how many deaths? about as many or less is as killed by drunk drivers every year.

So know what? want my gun? hand me your booze?

Whoa, wait what's that no? why?

Because drunk drivers are not drinking responsibly! Why should I lose my booze because of a very small amount of assholes?

You tell me.

so when they come around to collect the guns I expect members of Madd and Sadd to be there as well to take alcohol away as each and every one of them has lost a family member to a drunk.

and for the hell of it, what happened when booze was made illegal? people still got it, but illegally and it gave the criminals new business and more power.

Changing the gun laws disarms the people who were never the problem in the first place. I don;t know what that is hard to understand.

American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015

While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Shooting deaths in 2015 will probably rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend.

This will happen because of "distracted drivers." Dumbasses STILL text and driver, talk on their cells as they drive, not pay attention to pedestrans crossing the street legally, "Not" seeing bicyclists and motorcyclists, etc.

But this headline and chart and story indicate that traffic fatalities are declining. If that happens, no matter the cause, and gun deaths increase, it would seem to me we need to take steps to reduce the number of gun deaths. One way is by reducing the number and types of guns available.

It worked for the top 1% and the government, but what about the middle and lower classes? Did the money make its way down there? NOPE!

Trickle down does NOT work for EVERYONE

Oh, I see. So— by logical extension— if there's one "poor" (whatever the hell that means) person out of one billion three hundred million people then your screwball assertion is right. Uh, huh. Got any more knee-slappers?

"The poor— they will be with you always."

There are times I'm not persuaded that your reading comprehension or knowledge of economics is entirely up to snuff.

...Backing Deng Xiaoping two years after Mao’s death in 1976, they wagered that opening China to the outside world would raise living standards, while avoiding social upheaval that would threaten the Communist Party’s grip on power.

In three decades, they and their successors lifted more than 600 million people out of poverty and created a home-owning middle class as China rose to become the world’s second-biggest economy. Chinese on average now eat six times more meat than they did in 1976, and 100 million people have traded in their bicycles for automobiles...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...pitalism-from-citic-to-godfather-of-golf.html

Back