Weekly artistic challenge

Still Life

IMG_0387a_zps65b7210a.jpg

This Weeks Challenge...

The Kitchen...

anything - a view from a window, a still life ...abstract...but the photo must have been taken in the kitchen...:)

Acorn fest

IMG_0359b_zps3cbdc48a.jpg

So many new photos! Love them all but this little guy.. I watch them out my window scurrying around gathering the nuts and hiding them. I don't know how they know where they leave them, one particular squirrel seems to bury them everywhere!

tried downloading directly from the sd card to computer and it keeps telling me no card found.

If windows 7 can't see the camera when it is plugged in, and you've tried to read the card directly with no luck it suggests that the data on the card has become corrupted. :(

Sometimes if you leave the card in the reader and reboot the computer it manages to find it. If that doesn't work maybe you could try one of the many recovery software solutions. Try googleing "recover files from sd card" I can't recommend any as have never used one.

Good luck

Hugs to everyone. So happy!

"Hugs back" Pleased for you.:)

So many new photos! Love them all but this little guy.. I watch them out my window scurrying around gathering the nuts and hiding them. I don't know how they know where they leave them, one particular squirrel seems to bury them everywhere!

It seems that to some extent they remember where they put them. They can locate other squirrels nuts by smell, but are more likely to find their own.

have been encouraged to start a thread all of my own. I tried taking a photo from my kitchen.. but there is nothing to take a photo of! i hadnt realised it was so boring. maybe ill wait till night time and try one of the stars or something!

Do you know how i can get good water shots without long exposure? i dont like the fake waterfall thing all the time, but if i try really short shutter speeds it always goes really dark. can these be lightened afterwards successfully?

have been encouraged to start a thread all of my own. I tried taking a photo from my kitchen.. but there is nothing to take a photo of! i hadnt realised it was so boring. maybe ill wait till night time and try one of the stars or something!

Do you know how i can get good water shots without long exposure? i dont like the fake waterfall thing all the time, but if i try really short shutter speeds it always goes really dark. can these be lightened afterwards successfully?

that's why its a challenge...look around the kitchen - there will be something!

If you have a camera that can take photos in RAW - use this as the exposure can be adjusted afterwards. If you want a really short shutter speed to freeze the water, and you can't get the aperture wide enough, try setting the camera to a higher ISO rating...say 400 or more.

Last edited:
thanks! ill try that next time... i might run a bath tonight just for the sake of it and see if that works haha.

Here's an old one of mine from Christmas a few years back. I'll keep my eye out for something new.

IMG_0101_zps73f9712a.jpg

Back