The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Halloween Contest Support Thread

45k and....still a fair amount to go:rolleyes:

If I had another idea I would go with it an post this thing in chapters as its going to be too long for most people to want to read.

It is what it is I guess.

I'm more looking for the feedback I get on it than score with this one anyway.

Last night I finished a pretty nasty scene and when I read it to the wife(good way to proof read, you really see your mistakes) she said "Tell me you're just fooling around and you're not going to post that."

I'll tale that as a compliment.

I'm getting so tired of finding myself 6000-8000 words into a story idea before realizing, "Okay, I'm absolutely lost in this story." So, I go back, rewrite earlier portions, and clean up tiny bits to push the story back on track before realizing: "I don't want to tell this story." So far, I've started (and stopped) four different stories for this contest and I'm getting damn annoyed!

629 words in. I have an entire story in my head that I wish I could just spill out onto paper.

Typing it all can be such a pain in the ass. Hopefully I'll get it done in time.

I'm getting so tired of finding myself 6000-8000 words into a story idea before realizing, "Okay, I'm absolutely lost in this story." So, I go back, rewrite earlier portions, and clean up tiny bits to push the story back on track before realizing: "I don't want to tell this story." So far, I've started (and stopped) four different stories for this contest and I'm getting damn annoyed!
The professional attitude would be, FUCK IT! I told myself I'd write this, and I fucking WILL, one way or another. Then put it aside for a couple days and revisit it, polish it (even if that means gilding a turd), send it off and move on.

We have it too easy here.

Contest starts tomorrow.

I'll be posting a brother/sister story for Sunday. They go undercover to investigate government corruption at a weird cult-like masked party.

Currently editing. :)

I just submitted (obsessively) the finale of my LEFT BEHIND series, after finishing my A TASTE OF INCEST: LEMONADE series, and now I must edit another member's superb EH novella that will sweep the Hallowe'en contest. THEN I'll get to work on my own Hallowe'en stories: the one longish one (so far) and one or two three-vignette trios (only one vignette is done now). Maybe I can finish all those by deadline. Off and running!

IOW I'm up shit creek and paddling hard.

Some writing at lunchtime. 1521 words and getting into the story. Hopefully I'll keep the momentum going. It feels damned good when the story starts to flow and feel right.

Where's the dislike button for Swilly's avatar?? ;)

At least they beat the Flyers last night. :D (Do you think PL heard that?)

Just submitted a true story of the scariest night of my life. Non-erotic, thank goodness.

I'm not going to meet the deadline for the 1st day.

Too much is going on in real life that reduces effective writing time, particularly as the planned story will be several Lit pages.

I knew you'd like it pl! Lol. I figured it was time I put one up.

I have a new idea for a Halloween story.

I'm going to write a graphic description of last nights Patriot's game. If that doesn't scare people(at least the ones living in NE) I don't know what will.

They don't throw beatings like that in BDSM clubs:eek:

I was getting so incredibly excited about this until I saw how many others were excited about it, lol. I am fairly new to writing, though I have been reading stories on here since I was a teen. We will see what I can come up with. Any advice for a newbie?

I was getting so incredibly excited about this until I saw how many others were excited about it, lol. I am fairly new to writing, though I have been reading stories on here since I was a teen. We will see what I can come up with. Any advice for a newbie?

Jump in with both feet, don't sweat the scores until the last day, and above all else enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the madhouse. If ya ain't when ya get here, you will be when you leave. ;)

I have a new idea for a Halloween story.

I'm going to write a graphic description of last nights Patriot's game. If that doesn't scare people(at least the ones living in NE) I don't know what will.

They don't throw beatings like that in BDSM clubs:eek:
That was a shocker for sure. Many Brady should tell everyone to relax?

One submitted. One ready to go. One ready to set up. All about the Devit's activities.

45k and....still a fair amount to go:rolleyes:

If I had another idea I would go with it an post this thing in chapters as its going to be too long for most people to want to read.

It is what it is I guess.

I'm more looking for the feedback I get on it than score with this one anyway.

OK, now I feel a bit better. I'm 3/4 done with this thing (I hope!) and I broke 15K last night, and even with that much I was already worried about getting into "TL;DR" territory.

I'm with you - I just want comments at this point. :) Bummed I couldn't get done by the 1st, but hoping to get there in the next couple days.

Mine is in!

It's called Men's Room and it stands on its own, but there is a companion piece (already published on Lit) for it called Goodbye Roger. The events in Goodbye Roger take place before Men's Room.

If I go further with this piece, I'll call it Gangbang Me to Hell and model it after the movie Drag Me to Hell.

Here is a brief synopsis:

A Catholic school girl who humiliates her boyfriend finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a priest to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.

Here is the tag line:

Joanie Salinger has a full scholarship to Notre Dame, a perfect GPA, and a bright future. But at the end of the school year, she's going to Hell.

Mine is in!

It's called Men's Room and it stands on its own, but there is a companion piece (already published on Lit) for it called Goodbye Roger. The events in Goodbye Roger take place before Men's Room.

If I go further with this piece, I'll call it Gangbang Me to Hell and model it after the movie Drag Me to Hell.

Here is a brief synopsis:

A Catholic school girl who humiliates her boyfriend finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a priest to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.

Here is the tag line:

Joanie Salinger has a full scholarship to Notre Dame, a perfect GPA, and a bright future. But at the end of the school year, she's going to Hell.

Did you use that in the tag line space? That seems way too long.

OK, now I feel a bit better. I'm 3/4 done with this thing (I hope!) and I broke 15K last night, and even with that much I was already worried about getting into "TL;DR" territory.

I'm with you - I just want comments at this point. :) Bummed I couldn't get done by the 1st, but hoping to get there in the next couple days.

15k is a little under my average for all my stories, I never have an issue with people not wanting to read it.

I always agree with length doesn't matter as long as you keep it interesting. Also most of my stories are a long build up to the climax so I don;t do chapters seeing they are stand alone one time stories.

This one though, if it weren't for the contest would work well in 5-6 10k chapters.

Mine won't be up until Monday I need the rest of this week to finish and the weekend to go through and edit.

Back