Author's Note

rustywilliams

Literotica Guru
I see some stories with an introductory note by the author.
How is this done?
Can it be added after the story has been published?

I see some stories with an introductory note by the author.
How is this done?
Can it be added after the story has been published?

Just include it in the text of the submission. Like this:

Title

Author's Note:

Copyright Oggbashan September 2018

The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

This is a work of fiction. The events described here are imaginary; the settings and characters are fictitious and are not intended to represent specific places or living persons.

Start of story

I prefer to put my Author's Note in Italics by using html tags around the note when the text is in the submission window.

It can be added later but only as an edit to the whole story.

The traditional treatment of an author's note in front of text is to put it in square brackets: [ ]. Italics as well would be fine.

Thanks for the responses.
Another question: how easy is it to change the category under which the story is listed?

Another question: how easy is it to change the category under which the story is listed?

Since the editor exercises the privilege of putting a story where she thinks it belongs no matter how the author has categorized it, it's not a sure thing to do. You could resend it as an editor or PM Laurel about it, but she'll put it where she thinks it should go.

I would do it as an edit.

That mean resubmit it with the word 'edit' after the title and switch to the new category. But if something in the title or tags makes the owner question whether its the right category they may not move it.

Back