A Bird and a Guardian (closed for Mayu)

Eden heard his whisper in her ear and thought about it, she smiled a little bit. She closed her eyes, and wished she could have a family with him. But knew it was impossible so it was that just a wish, sighing sadly. But before she knew it she felt him starting to unbutton her blouse, she opened up her eyes and felt how he slowly peeled away her shirt. She looked down a little bit, feeling unsure how he would view her body once he saw it. Feeling his eyes on her back, where the scars had only just begun.

On her back it was easy to see four long whip marks on her back, though it was actually a belt that he had used. Closing her eyes as she sighed softly, knowing that there was no kind of magic to heal her body. But for her spirit she could be rather content by what he was doing, everything was rather nice. She had no idea how anything would end up in the long run, but it was the kind of thing she did not worry to much. Everything was silent and had a feeling the more he saw the more pissed he would get.

Her arms also exposed by the light from the fire, there had been marks on her arms about five or so small lines on each arm. She figured that everything was going to be awkward but right now she just did not care to much. But she just held a smile on her face, rubbing her neck as her neck was just fine. "My father tried to chock me out twice, but he stopped because I told my father if he strangled me again, I would cut off his cock in his sleep and would serve it up to him fo dinner one night" She smiled a little.
 
Darcy gasped. Not during his unbuttoning of her blouse, or as he shifted it off of her shoulders slowly, tenderly, both for the anticipation of what he was going to see...and because he saw the marks on her. When she said she had scars, she wasn't kidding. And it wasn't entirely the marks on her that did it...he'd seen his share of bad things during his time...doing things. But it was something else he saw, a beauty that shined through despite the lines on her back, her arms. His hands slowly moved around them, over them as if he could heal them by showing her he wasn't afraid of them, or her.

Some of it enraged him, but he kept that as he took advantage of her exposure, softly rubbing her, being careful around her marks when he saw her react to it. "My father tried to chock me out twice, but he stopped because I told my father if he strangled me again, I would cut off his cock in his sleep and would serve it up to him for dinner one night" Despite himself, the smile she gave unnerved him *just* a bit. Hated guy or not, Darcy wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

Although if there was someone... His hands were both on one arm now, gently encircling the muscle there as he leaned in to softly kiss her neck. He saw the marks on her wrist, and he looked at them as if he was seeing her for the first time, and his eyes shined at her with remorse, regret...and love.

He wasn't sure what was about to happen next. And a part of him hoped he wouldn't be asking for forgiveness afterwards. But involuntarily, he found himself leaning into her flashing back just a little to a time with Nadine as his hands encircled Eden's soft stomach...her skin was so pale, but it seemed to glint in the fire as Darcy blew a bit of her hair away, kissing the back of her neck.

"Just let me know if you want me to stop." He breathed, starting to make his way to her shoulders, down her arm as his hands slowly started to massage her stomach, working their way up...
 
Eden did not know how to react to anything, the way she felt him touch her was in a way she had never felt before. Everything in her tensed a little bit, unsure how he would react. But when he did not stop, when he just continued. She smiled a little bit and felt a little more comfortable with him, it amazed her how everything was just so simple right now. When it came down to everything, she had no idea if what would happen was selfish on her part. Right now she just wanted to scream and stop what happened.

But deep down she actually asked forgiveness to Nadine and in her mind she could still see her, the smile and her beauty though older. In that moment there was nothing in the room, it was all darkness and she saw Nadine, Eden was on her knees as tears fell down her face. "I am sorry I am so weak, I have loved Darcy for so long. Though I would never try to take your place, for you have been a sister to me for years. All I can offer is to protect Darcy while he is here, please forgive my weakness"

Eden shouted in her mind but never once so he could hear her, she opened up her eyes and felt the love he was giving her. She knew that while he was here, they had to look out for each other. And she would let him go when the time was right. She closed her eyes again once she felt his lips on her neck, she smiled a little bit as she moaned a little. But hearing what he said to her, she realized just how far it may go. "Okay" She whispered loud enough for him to hear her, moaning a little.

It was easy to tell however that the moan was pleasure and something she wanted, not the sound that was made when something did not feel right. It was something she wanted, and though she had no idea how things would go things were nice. And she opened up her eyes and felt warmth, coming from both herself and him. But in the back of her mind she was rather happy with what was going on. Everything was just so simple, all in all it was rather nice that things were going on like this.
 
The skin of her back was smooth where it wasn't scarred. Darcy knew what it meant when most girls weren't wearing a bra; in Nadine's case, it was dependent on outfit or wanting to look a certain way. But for Eden, Darcy could see it was out of practicality; the more she wore, the more she felt biting into her hurting skin. His mouth stopped at her shoulder, and slowly kissed down her back, his hands gently squeezing her stomach, ever so gently teasing at her skirt. Even as he tried to pleasure her, the time wasn't right yet for what he really wanted.

The one thing Eden could give him that Nadine could not.

Still, he could tell from her reactions that she'd never been touched like this before. He smiled a bit at it even as he'd made his way to the bottom of her spine, slowly making his way back up. His hands had went to her legs now, still covered by her skirt, and for this evening, they'd stay that way.

But he still spread them anyways. Just in case...

His lips made a trail back up to her shoulder, smooching the crook of her neck. "You're beautiful, Eden." His hands came back up to her neck, gently rubbing her collarbone. "I'm sorry I can't give you everything you want...." Even as he was intent on pleasing her, he stole a glance at her breasts. Uncovered. Beautiful. Hardening.

And then he instinctively latched onto them. Slowly massaging them, making small circles as he let the moans come forth from her. He stole another glance down her naked torso; wondering how far he should go tonight...
 
Eden was lost in the moment with him, she smiled a little as she closed her eyes. Feeling his warm skin against her own, it turned her on big time. She did not know if she would ever be with Darcy, but with what ever was to happen she would not mind it. She wanted everything he was willing to give her. She felt his lips on her skin, enjoying his touch. It was nice to be able to be open with him, though she had been afraid she would run him off. Something she did not want really, it was nice.

All in all, things just came to a head and her eyes closing as she feeling was different. She could feel just about everything with her. It was the kind of thing she had always a dream about, but never thought it would happen to her. She moaned a bit as he began to rub her breasts, her nipples getting rather hard. Her insides throbbing as she wanted him, but was afraid to push. That was part of the reason he was in charge, running her fingers against his cheek it was all so perfect.
 
He kept working on her, letting her enjoy the sensations that were new to her as he ran his fingers and nails gently over the flesh of her breast, her hardening buds that capped them both. Even as he massaged her, trying to bring her closer to that high, to at least hint at what would hopefully come to pass for them eventually (but not tonight), Darcy broke away briefly, just to take off his own shirt, so she could feel his warm skin against her, that it wasn't just him doing something for her. It was what he wanted, too.

But the time wasn't right. Not yet. Still, he wanted tonight to be something special for his beloved friend, so one hand traveled downward, while the other pulled her in as closely as he could for a delicate whisper.

"Eden." He just listened to her gasps as his hand went under her skirt, resisting the urge to pull it off completely even as he felt it pushing down under his momentum. "I...want to give you something special, but not yet. If I can, after we've done what we came here for...I promise...that I'll do something for you that you'll never forget." He felt her wet center under his hand, and kissed her ear. "But for now, I just want to make sure that you know that there is at least one man on this earth who thinks you're worth something, that you are precious...and that you should feel loved."

It took every fiber of his being not to lean in closer to her and kiss her. To feel her lips against his, the rising of passion....as it was, he felt it in her as his fingers entered her, and his other hand started to attack her breasts again with purpose; to bring her to a place no man had brought her before.
 
Eden started to think of all sorts of things, it was a rather wonderful moment. Her senses were on fire, she had never felt like this. Her body was very warm, part of it because of his body. But also because of her heart in her throat just about. But it was getting to the point where she was just happy about how life was going right this very moment. But then she felt him holding her close, feeling his gentle warm breath against her skin. Her eyes opened and alert, curious as to what he was about to say.

When he whispered her name she smiled, she loved the way he could make her name sound. Breathy and also very erotic, Eden use to hate her name until Darcy and Nadine got her to see it was a unique name. But most importantly it was beautiful, she had learned to appreciate what her mother named her. Running her fingers against her arm as she heard him say he wanted to give her something special. It made her smile even more, as goosebumps began to form on her own skin.

But hearing what he did not want to do it tonight, she began to think she knew what he wanted. She was a little nervous, and right now everything was just happy. She could wait that much she knew, and it would be a night to remember. But of course tonight was going to be special any way, and frankly everything was to the point where it would be wonderful. She had no idea what he had in mind. But how her body reacted to him, he could just stroke her and she would probably go insane.

But feeling his fingers against her breasts she moaned a little. But then all of a sudden she felt his fingers inside her. "Oh Darcy!" She groaned biting her lip a little bit. It was the kind of thing she had never done herself, she never liked the idea of trying to get herself off. But really right now he was doing something that was heavenly to her body, her nipples getting very hard. Rolling her eyes in the back of her head. Groaning it was just beyond perfect in that moment, sighing softly as she watched him.
 
Her reaction was what he had been hoping to hear. "Oh Darcy!" It was not a question of intent, but a statement of passion. Judging from her body's erratic movements, she had never had the pleasure of anyone touching her down there, and it was something Darcy was only too happy to provide as one finger became two, twisting and prodding to give her new sensations and feelings. His other hand continued to work at her breasts, careful to even out the sensations between them while also helping build her arousal to her peak. He ached for her lips, to taste her fully but Darcy didn't want to do that until he really had her.

Until they had their truly special moment. Still, the many gasps and moans escaping her now told him that she was definitely enjoying this to some degree.

It wasn't long, and he felt her tensing more and more, her skirt having slid almost past her navel, and Darcy had to resist the urge to push it past. But he wanted her to keep at least a part of her modesty; she would do whatever he asked of her now. Not because he was tricking her. But because, for the first time, someone was being truthful and decent to her. Darcy was just doing what felt right; he only hoped that some day, when he was with his wife again in the great beyond, that she would forgive him, or maybe understand it.

He knew that he understood her as with one final arching of her back and body, she came. An unfamiliar wetness coated his fingers as he smiled, gently kissing her neck to help her come down from the high she'd never experienced before.
 
Eden had so many things enter her mind, it was the kind of thing she worried about. Worried that perhaps she was to broken to be loved. But she felt the way that Darcy gave her, sighing softly everything was just so perfect. But the minute she felt something her body had never felt before, she knew all to well what it was. Groaning and relaxing. Her stormy eyes turned into a very beautiful shade of blue, as she was much more relaxed.

But soon she felt her body react to him, something it had never happened before. Closing her eyes as she sighed softly, all to perfect things became. And knew that Nadine would understand. That was how she was, one of the reasons she loved Nadine so much. Closing her eyes everything seemed so wonderful, her heart beating even faster. All she knew was her body wanted the release and she was soon getting it, as she panted.

Her breathing quick and then her orgasm came and she groaned a bit, relaxing back and panted loudly. Her body was high for the moment, but the way he looked at her and loved her. She knew that this was something no one could take away, living or dead. And she did not mean Nadine, just if there was something dark that was to happen. Nothing could destroy what they had, even if it was something she would one day have to give up.
 
Last edited:
A loud gasp, and a pant, followed by her body folding into his as she settled down, and he rested his hands, encircling her shoulders lovingly. There was no need to extend the moment; just her, content, laying in his arms as they let the fire keep them warm. Darcy tried not to think of what was to come even as he smiled; far too many thoughts were in his head now. About the promise he'd made to her, wondering if he'd ever get to fulfill it; he knew far too little about this crow to really be able to tell how much control he had. As far as he could tell, he had some sort of regenerative powers. A smirk came to him as he thought: I'll probably get to test how 'regenerative' they are fairly soon.

Of how many people he'd probably have to kill to get at the boss. To get at Lindsey, the bastard who'd led the rape of his wife and pulled the final trigger at him. To destroy Eden's father, and how much that would entail...he wanted to believe it wouldn't involve death, but after hearing about how much pain he'd caused Eden, and seeing the scars he'd left on his own daughter....Darcy wasn't sure he'd be able to control himself.

Or if the crow could. Time seemed to leave him as they fell asleep together, the blanket covering them as the fire faded and the night turned into morning.
 
Eden had a feeling that perhaps Darcy would blame himself for what went on with her, sighing as she heard the silence. Everything was just rather different in that moment, everything was going to be different for them. Everything would be different, and she was thinking about what she thought of the crow. What she had known and smiled a little bit, Eden had some Indian in her. Her great grandmother was pure Cherokee so that was why she knew about the crow. Sighing a bit she smiled looking at him.

"The story of the crow is over three hundred years old, my great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee. That is why I was the first person to know of the story, then it was passed to a very select bunch. Only two other people knew, though the one her name was Sarah. She ended up dying, helping Ashe who was the crow at the time. Risking her life so that he maybe free, that he could do the job he came to do. Though most Indians believe that our bodies may die, but our spirit is what makes us who we are.

My family was unhappy when my mother married my father, she loved him she would say. But no one knew what lurked under his skin. The older I got, the more of a monster he became. My father probably knows the man you work for, who knows maybe we both have our own missions in life. You to avenge your wife, and me to do something with my father. For the true monster lurks under the flesh, but once destroyed then peace can come back." She sighed a bit resting against him.
 
Darcy listened to her story, taking it in while he kept his eyes closed, resting his body and spirit for the trials to come. She wanted to talk, and so he would let her do whatever she found peaceful. The 'story' of the crow being almost ancient, and her great grandmother. The unhappiness in her family when her mother married her father; a tale Darcy could relate to, as there was more then one unhappy bird in Nadine's family when she had married him. He wondered how unhappy they were now, even his supporters, suspecting - knowing - that his past activities had contributed to her death. He fought back the emotion as he kept listening to Eden's soft voice.

"... maybe we both have our own missions in life. You to avenge your wife, and me to do something with my father. For the true monster lurks under the flesh, but once destroyed then peace can come back." With a sigh, he felt her settle against him, and he tried to do the same. Even with his lids closed, he felt his eyes boring down into something with intensity; wanting to glare at someone, anyone, except the woman he was cuddling with right now.

"I won't let him hurt you." He said softly; hoping that making the promise would make up for him not keeping it if the crow took him away.

**********

Morning came, and Darcy gently disentangled himself from her, letting her get her rest as he gently kissed her forehead. A quick shower and cleanup later, he was already active in the kitchen as he heard her stir; even though he'd seen her nude from the waist up last night, it seemed awkward to do so now, and the easy smile betrayed some uneasiness at the situation.

"Morning, Eden."
He looked at her just long enough to see her eyes. "You've got time to shower, if you want...figure we shouldn't start our days on empty stomachs." Even as he spoke, Darcy had already seen the features of the crow starting to show on him again; the black around his eyes and the white, ghostly makeup around his face. He didn't know what Eden thought of it, but he didn't think it was beautiful; he thought it was terrifying.

Which suited his purposes just fine.
 
She ended up having a lovely night, talking about what ever came to mind. It was nice to have someone who understood her, it was a very rare treat. All in all it was something she would enjoy, and get use to. Though they had always been close, last night was the first night any man looked at her body. She smiled even more thinking about what he said about him protecting her, though knew he could not always be there.

While she slept she was having a really nice dream, since really she had never had such great dreams. Smiling as she slept, but then after a little while she could smell the food coming around her nose. Sighing happily as she slowly woke up, sitting up she heard what he was saying. Slowly standing up she pulled up her dress, and headed into the shower. She turned on the warm water, thinking about everything. Once inside she let the warm water fall over her, her heart beating it was wonderful.

Once out of the shower, she allowed the cool air to air dry her. It was nice to spend times like these, and getting dressed. Finding a pair of dark blue jeans, and a plain black t-shirt. Once she came out she pulled her hair in a pony tail, walking back outside as she watched Darcy. She could easily smell the smell of coffee, she had to take her daily cup. Getting a couple cups as she poured coffee into both. And put it on the table, sitting down as her eyes looked up at him. Watching how he moved.

"So what should we do today Darcy?"
 
"So what should we do today Darcy?"

The easy, caring manner that had been in him last night had been evaporating during the morning as he sipped his coffee; the food all but ready as he got it ready. Just some eggs, toast, and bacon; simple stuff in a simple place, for people who didn't need anything more then each other. But he knew his expression was somber; he tried to light his lips with a smile. His dark, black lips.

The crow was here.

He took her in; her wet hair drying only with whatever nature would provide it. The smile on her face, the love in her eyes. Darcy wanted to take it in, to dwell in it, live in it...but there could be no living now. That was his curse, for as much as he wanted to love, he could not as long as his mission was unfulfilled. His second chance at life came with a price; his will was no longer entirely his own, and he settled in to the table.

She was wearing a t-shirt, and Darcy could swear he'd never seen her arms like that. Before last night, when he'd seen much more of her...

"I think it's...time we went back into town." His eyes flickered dangerously. "Pay a visit to a few people and see where things are at." He munched on his toast, lost in thought. "I'm sure things have changed since I've died, and I'd like to get an idea of...how far I'm going to have to go in order to get what I want." He didn't elaborate, and Darcy knew he didn't need to. Even as he started mentally preparing himself for the work he'd have to start, his eyes flickered with just a bit of caring, his dark pupils shining at his best friend.

"If you want to stay here...I can probably walk into town. Jack another bike, get myself around that way..."
Which he figured he'd probably do anyways. "I don't want to put you at any more risk. You've already taken enough for me..." Even as he asked it, Darcy had a feeling as to how she'd answer, because it was what made her so special to him.
 
Eden watched him move around, he was graceful when he walked. Seemed good to see him this way, sighing softly as she just relaxed. She had never have been so happy, she felt comfortable around him. Since he saw her bare torso, so why not just expose her arms. Something she had not really done before. She felt free in a way, she could be herself in front of the man before her. But then she heard what he said, and she looked down. Shaking her head, he could not do this alone that she knew.

She slowly stood up and walking to a wall, she pressed a part of the wall that exposed a button. Then came out and it opened up a secret compartment. She knew he was going to need everything he could get help wise. And placed the box on the table and opened it up, she took out two hand guns. They had a black grip and gold color, it had the marking of the crow. She began to load up the guns with hallow point bullets. Which would cut through any kind of armor if it was warn.

Taking both of the guns in her hands, and looked at the guns. Closing her eyes feeling the guns in her hands again after ten years. She began to spin both of the guns pretty fast in her hands, like she had been taught how to use weapons. Course she was but it was easy to see that, slowly opening up her eyes as she placed the guns before him. She placed her hand on his shoulder as she was thinking about everything. Looking out the window for a moment, she did not know exactly how this would be.

"These weapons were made one fifty years ago, it was blessed by the very people that banished my mother. The bullets are hallow pointed which means it can go through anything, I was told to give them to the next person who would become the crow. And that would be you Darcy" Sitting back down and began to eat her breakfast. "They are my gift to you, you will not be doing this on your own. You are going to need my help, you have to keep that crow that follows you alive. If it dies then so don't you"
 
"These weapons were made one fifty years ago, it was blessed by the very people that banished my mother. The bullets are hallow pointed which means it can go through anything, I was told to give them to the next person who would become the crow. And that would be you Darcy" She sat down to eat her breakfast, continuing. "They are my gift to you, you will not be doing this on your own. You are going to need my help, you have to keep that crow that follows you alive. If it dies then so don't you."

Her brief touch comforted him as Darcy looked at the two guns and their exquisite craftsmanship. They had clearly been made with the 'crow' in mind, and a part of him wondered, not for the first time, how much Eden was connected to what was happening to him. He was no stranger to weapons, or how to defend himself; he'd handled his share of weapons before, and even with as old as these ones looked, he was sure he'd be fine with them. Watching her handle them, though, and her comfort level with them...he was more then a little impressed.

And a little turned on.

Still, he looked at them, and at her; his food was mostly finished. Darcy had never been a very deliberate eater, his meals more for sustenance then enjoyment. As if to confirm his suspicions, he looked at the crow, who'd snuck in during the morning.

The blank look from the bird affirmed his thought. Or denied it. Darcy gently picked up the guns, getting a feel for their weight, the bullets in them...before deliberately placing one of them in front of Eden.

"If we're doing this together, we're going in as equals." As equal as they could be when he might be all but immortal from what she was telling him. "If I'm this 'crow', I'll be doing most of the work...but I'm not the only one involved." A smile. "A crow and a guardian." He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "And I think you're the guardian."

Of what, he dared not say.
 
Eden did not know what lay before them, she did not have all the answers even though she wished to god she had. Her visions sometimes came while she slept, other times she touched objects or people and could see the vision. She was a gentle woman, though it was hard to see that. She was so much more then what people gave her credit for. But her stormy eyes watched Darcy rather closely, she had seen the Crow before Darcy did. Smiling a little bit as she brushed a strand of black hair out of her eyes.

But then she watched what he did, watching as he slid over one gun putting it in front of her. She reached for the gun and a vision hit her, it was a very violent one. Making her eyes squint in pain, but it was what she needed what they needed frankly. All in all everything was so different, she did not know what was fare and what wasn't in life any more. She slowly opened up her eyes, and cracked her neck a little. But then she heard what he said to her and smiled, looking into his eyes she nodded.

Feeling his hand on her shoulder, she felt rather happy to have this moment with him. She placed her hand on his that was on her shoulder and squeezed it. She was thinking about what to say to him, but thinking that she was taught in the way the Cherokee's raised there own children. Looking up at the crow she smiled faintly and knew what move not to make. Eden looked down and closed her eyes. All in all everything just seemed rather different to her, and she did something she did not know she could do.

Pray the way her people did.

"Oh Great Spirit, Creator of all things;
Human Beings, trees, grass, berries.
Help us, be kind to us.
Let us be happy on earth.
Let us lead our children
To a good life and old age.
These our people; give them good minds
To love one another.
Oh Great Spirit,
Be kind to us
Give these people the favor
To see green trees,
Green grass, flowers, and berries
This next spring;
So we all meet again
Oh Great Spirit,
We ask of you."
 
Her words moved him as she prayed. Darcy was not a religious person, and up until his resurrection last night, was not a huge believer in the supernatural, either. There was a clear difference between belief and living it, and as he listened to her hushed words, Darcy knew now that Eden had been living this for a long, long time. How possible was it all? he wondered. We're about to go into dangerous places, to likely kill people, at least hurt them...likely some innocents, too. Even if they didn't, Darcy knew Lindsey would do whatever he had to once he knew they were coming.

As she got near the end of her recitation, Darcy realized that Eden was praying precisely for that reason. To make sure they actions had the right motives and intent; that their revenge stayed focused on the correct targets and ideas. He could swear he felt her pulse a little, her hand over his on her shoulder. The crow kept a silent vigil, and Darcy appreciated it as she finished.

He cradled the gun before hooking it in his belt. "Let's go." Although he was fit to drive, it was Eden's vehicle and he felt more comfortable with her leading...for now. As the crow flew into the vehicle door while he opened it, he felt his adrenaline starting to pump. When the moment came, he knew that he'd be able to figure out what to do. Minutes passed during the drive before he spoke, catching a glimpse of what he was becoming in the mirror.

"There's a thrift shop near Wellington that I want to shake down first." He said silently. "The guy there was always a contact for the gang and he'll know where they're hanging out now." He looked down, lost in thought as images came through his head. "He was a friend of mine, once..."

Mason. Who'd been one of the men there on the night of his wife's murder. He didn't want to tell Eden what his real goal was, but had a feeling she'd probably figure it out.
 
Eden was not one for prayer but she had to do something, this was her peoples way of prayer and knew they needed it. She opened up her eyes and looked at the crow, a soft smile on her face as she watched his head cock. And began to wonder just how intelligent that bird was, people thought animals were just ignorant things. But she knew better then that, she also believed animals had souls. Eden use to be picked on horribly in school for her views on things, but she was who she was and there was no changing it.

She made sure she had everything and put some weapons in the back, she someone who could get her fire power. Which was why she had so much hidden, right now everything was as it should be in that moment. Her heart was just in everything, right now it was the kind of thing she needed. She unlocked the car and smiled seeing how the bird swooped into the open door, she chuckled a bit. The crow was funny and seemed rather eager for what ever was to happen, happen and was curious about it.

Once inside she took off and sighed "Among some Indians they call me apple, red on the outside and white in the inside. Which is more of a nickname that they give for those they see as traitors, my mother use to say there was a bigger plan for us but I am not to sure I believe her" She smiled a bit and looked in her mirror. "Well birdie I do not know if you can understand me, but I will assume you can. Just stay close to me, don't want you dying on us" She smiled and heard what he said about where to go. So she went there.

She pulled into a spot that would make her car look like it was meant to be there, she slowly got out and had no idea what to expect and no idea what to say or even do. Right now it was the kind of thing that made her nervous. Her eyes looking around and then found her eyes looking back at Darcy. "So what is the plan? Since I have a feeling this will not be a happy reunion" She placed her hands on her hips. Ready to hear what ever he wanted, tilting her head a little bit as she sighed silently.
 
"If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer *not* to call you apple." grinned Darcy as Eden drove the car along. "Just drive a few blocks into the city, left on 7th Avenue....I'll let you know where to turn." The city was quiet for the morning, although Darcy estimated at this point it was about midday. They rode mostly in silence, except for when Eden talked to the crow. Darcy was silently starting to wonder whether the bird was being nice to her out of spite to him, and he could be heard muttering after her statement.

"Yeah, be nice to the pretty one, pal. I see how it is." For as much as his banter was meant to try to cover his own nervousness, he knew the bird probably had a better idea of what they were getting into then he did. They pulled in on the street, near to the rather old store; they were in a run down part of down, but this was more home to Darcy then the suburbs ever had been as he got out slowly, taking a look around. Things seemed to be quiet, for which Darcy was grateful for, even as he made a note not to count on that again. On the other hand, the people they were dealing with would probably be less active during the day, so perhaps keeping their activities light in the evening would serve them well.

"Plan...well..." Darcy actually hadn't thought too much past going in and demanding the information from Mason. He looked around the building, and inspiration struck as he saw a rather rusty back door, and he smirked.

"Go inside, look around a bit...see if you can get him to go into the back to find something." Darcy started to loop towards the alleyway. "I'll hopefully be ready to give him a bit of a surprise. He might recognize you, but even if he does...I'll deal with him." The crow's eyes darted between them, and Darcy inclined his head towards Eden. "Stay with her." He wasn't sure if the bird would listen, but as he snuck into the alleyway, he hoped that his lock picking skills hadn't deserted him in death.
 
Eden did not know what was going to happen but did not really care, in the end everyone dies. Though she did not want to die. Nor did she want Darcy to, but there was nothing anyone could do about it if it did. She was silent herself just talking to the bird, she smiled a little bit. Her mother use to tell her the guardian animal was a crow. Imagine perhaps the stuff she was taught about her Indian heritage wasn't bullshit. She was thinking of a million things, and she could not help but smile with what he said.

Apple actually was a horrible name because of the meaning behind it for her people, but they called her apple not because they saw her as a traitor since she wasn't. She had done things for the Indians for a few years, helping some getting out of jail which her father hopefully never knew. And if he did then perhaps that was some of the reason that he hit the crap out of her, but she did not know. She followed the directions that he gave her, and pulled over to where he told her to.

Eden heard what he said, not much of a plan really. But knew something was better then nothing, that she had thought for years. But right now everything was really nice, it was quite and nodded to what he said. Watching Darcy go to the back, she looked at the crow and nodded to him. She knew two things, one the crow was male hence Darcy because he was Darcy's soul now. And two the crow could understand, she knew that much. She had her faith what she had always believed in with animals.

Walking in slowly she tried to keep herself hidden as much as possible, she was looking around unsure how to get him in the back. She ran her fingers through her hair, and had to step into the light there was nothing she could do about it. Her stormy eyes looking at the man that was there and sighed a little. Tilting her head she just hoped the crow was around, she had no idea where it took off to. But she smiled placing her hands on her hips, thinking of what to do. But then decided to go for it, picking something he had to go to the back for.
 
It didn't take him long to break in. It wasn't as if the lock wasn't well built, or put in right. Darcy knew full well that these people were not to be messed with, and that they had more enemies then just those who came back from the dead with birds in tow. But he'd had pracice at doing things like this, and with a few practiced movements, his hand delicately manipulating the lock combined with just a bit of brute force, he eventually was able to open the door and sneak inside. The problem was, a short time for lockpicking was still a few minutes, and he hoped Eden took her time going inside.

It was a rather dusty back storage room with drab grey walls and wooden shelves that had clearly seen better days. There were some paint cans, a few random tools...and then some electronics that weren't so dusty, including a DVD player. Darcy saw the door from the store into the room, closed, and he snuck along the wall, hiding behind a small cabinet so that he could ambush Mason the second he came to the back. Now, he thought silently, although not without an audience, unbeknownst to him.

If only she'd ask for a DVD player....

****************

Birds had no idea what DVD players were. But this was no ordinary bird.

The crow flew in absently, attempting not to draw much attention to itself as it probably wasn't that common a sight for birds to be in stores. He kept himself low, watching Eden as she made her way around the store, attempting to find something to ask for. Moments passed, and the crow waited for his time.

Eventually, he saw Mason walk up to her. "Looking for anything?" He was a much older gentleman; with a black moustache, thinning black hair, wearing a loose shirt and pants that had clearly seen better days. To say nothing of his gut. His eyes greasily ran over Eden, taking in her beauty with a smile.

"Just let me know if I can...help you."

The crow was patient. Eventually, a thought came to him, and even as he really didn't know why, he quickly flew up, landing on a shelf with some DVDs that probably hadn't moved until he perched on them. He poked one with his small beak, his searching eyes looking back at Eden hopefully.
 
Eden could feel the mans eyes on her just looking her up and down, she did not even need to look at him. She knew enough to know she should smack him and leave. But they had a mission to do so she would have to do what she could. She heard him asking the question and she looked at the man just nodding to him. Looking around quickly she needed to get him in the back so Darcy could do what he needed. Her stormy eyes looking over everything, her hands on her hips. And hopefully he would not realize who she was.

Keeping her eyes low and around but then she felt something in her, she slowly heard something and it brought her attention to trying to find the sound. But it only took her a moment to realize what it was, she looked up and smiled at the crow. She nodded to the bird understanding what it wanted, since the models out here were just models to show people. She was thinking of a million things to say, but her smile seen only to the bird. She had a feeling in time Darcy would have full control.

Thinking of what to say to the man, she knew the crow had a very good idea and was coming up with a way to do it without raising alarms. So looking back at the man as she leaned against the wall a bit and smiled. He looked like a dick head and did not know if he was ever friends with Darcy, she never knew the people he worked for and had no idea about who his friends were. But she did her best to make due with things on the spot. She was good about things like that, when the man turned away.

That was when she motioned with her head for the bird to get off so he did not know that the crow was there. She looked back at him and sighed silently "Sure I would like to buy that DVD player since I am sure you have one boxed" She said smiling a bit. Since she wanted it new and not used. Eden just hoped this would work, and she gave the man a very kind smile it was so easy to lie. Though she hated to do it, but things had to change that much was for certain she just wanted things to be good.
 
"I'll get one from the back." Mason's eyes leered again over the beautiful girl; she seemed a bit downcast, liked she'd been hurt by something. Which made her even more appealing to him; those would be easier to break. "You can come with me if you want to 'negotiate' on the price." Maybe she was down on her luck, and that's why she hadn't made much eye contact with him...she wanted to turn a trick to get a luxury. That's what he convinced himself of, why he looked at her the way he did. Which was also why her response to his inquiry surprised him.

"Hmmpf." He took a step towards the back, pausing in thought. why was this girl so alluring to him? He knew that in his mind, every girl looked like a celebrity, but he peered at her again, his leer turning into a frown. "One moment, please." He pulled his phone out of his pocket, obstenibly to check a text...of which he had several...but it wasn't the new ones he was looking for. It was old ones, of people to watch for from his 'real' employer. The one who, unknowningly to most, financed this place. He sure didn't sell enough to make do, but when one's real job was to serve as a contact, and to look out for people...

It took merely a few seconds before Eden's picture came up. He hid his expression well, looking at her again before he again strode towards the back door. Mason enjoyed his flourish, and he turned back to her with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to take this somewhere more private...Eden?" The door opened right before he said the word, and he turned back to her with a grin. "Unless you want me to tell Lindsey you were here...he has a lot of people looking for you, trying to finish the job that they started on your friend." His back was to the open room, watching Eden's reaction to what he said.

And not to the person who'd stepped into view in the storage room upon the mention of his friend's name. Although the sound of a gun cocking behind his head sure got his attention, and the feel of a barrel pressed against it.

"I think she's fine." Darcy's dark eyes glittered with hatred, and the crow flew to his shoulder, perching on it as Darcy's hand went to Mason's collar. "Eden, wait outside. Mason and I are going to have a conversation." And I'm not sure you want to see or hear it.
 
Eden could feel him checking her out and it was rather annoying to say the least, but then he got a phone call. Closing her eyes as everything seemed to stop, she sensed something was wrong. And slowly opened up her eyes, she looked up at the man and had a feeling it was to begin. Her hands on her hips as she was ready for anything and that much was true. But the way he smiled at her, she knew he had seen her picture and knew what to do.

Hearing him say her name gave her chills and Darcy came out of know where with the crow now perched on his shoulder. Right now everything just seemed to stop, and smiled a bit at Darcy. But then looked at the man, she was thinking of what to say. She wanted to say something smart to this ass. But hearing that he wanted her to wait outside. Cocking her head to the side she did not know what to say to that, but the man looked at her.

Looking into his eyes she smirked a little bit "There is life after death, and a curse upon your head. Death is never the end only the begging and by the time Darcy deals with you. You will be begging for your life, a life which was taken from my best friend's. Your boss will be meeting you shortly for as long as there is breath in my lungs, every one of you will be dealt with" She said simply and headed for the door but stopped.

Her eyes went back to the bird she walked up to the man, and slapped him very hard in the face. Rage could be seen in her eyes but she decided to do something no one had ever seen her do. She placed her hand on his heart and closing her eyes she spoke. But when she did it sounded like there were three of her, her voice echoed and carried. The words of her people and said in English so Darcy would be able to understand.

"By sun's dying flame, and hades wicked might. I peer into the darkness, to take hold of the light" When she opened up her eyes they seemed to glow a little bit, she smiled a little bit. She knew what was to happen to this man, and she would do as Darcy asked of her. She smiled a little bit as she turned her back, and silently sighed as she said one more thing. "The killer's heart by love redeemed, in satan's claw like ruby gleamed"

Was her way of protecting Darcy and she left the store getting into her car, her windows rolled down. She had no idea what was about to happen, but she knew blood would be on her hands. And she was use to seeing horrible things, since she had much to tell Darcy. Right now everything just seemed to stop, and she sat back sighing softly. She felt lost in that moment, she just wanted to enjoy the silence right now.
 
Back
Top