Beginning to think

sethp

Literotica Guru
That my one story will never be posted. It's been in pending status for close to 10 days. Anyone else ever had that happen? Not rejected, I haven't edited it while it's in the pending status. The pending status will usually have a time like "2 hours ago' "10 hours ago" that changes constantly.

Rejected stories often sit pending for extra time to stop a single entry from taking up too much of Laurel's time in a given week.

That my one story will never be posted. It's been in pending status for close to 10 days. Anyone else ever had that happen? Not rejected, I haven't edited it while it's in the pending status. The pending status will usually have a time like "2 hours ago' "10 hours ago" that changes constantly.

I would send a polite "has it fallen in the cracks" PM to Laurel after that long. I'd had a few get overlooked but posted when I asked about them after a week.

Either that, or just view it, and resubmit it. That resets your position in the queue and has so far proven successful at freeing up stories frozen in the queue.

I would send a polite "has it fallen in the cracks" PM to Laurel after that long. I'd had a few get overlooked but posted when I asked about them after a week.

FWIW, I submitted one last week and it only took a couple of days for approval, so ten does sound like it got stuck somewhere.

Thanks guys. I know they're busy, so I was going to wait and not bug them. I did have 3 rewrites/edits and an Original post last week. I'm afraid I'm probably the one clogging up the que! lol

Thanks guys. I know they're busy...
There is no they. There's only poor Laurel, burning her tired eyeballs on a hundred or more amateur entries every single everlasting day. Have pity.

There is no they. There's only poor Laurel, burning her tired eyeballs on a hundred or more amateur entries every single everlasting day. Have pity.

And I would bet that she has automated most of what she would be looking for as far as rejecting a story. I would. A word macro or database query.

Then all the stories that popped with a hit, I would scan those. The other would get a pass and posted. Unless they are a new author, then I would scan them also.

I don't know how she does it. That's why I always post stupid questions here. I would never dream of bothering Laurel with a question like this.

I don't know how she does it. That's why I always post stupid questions here. I would never dream of bothering Laurel with a question like this.
Laurel gives definitive answers. We offer opinions.

Last edited:
If you're stuck waiting, a polite PM can break it loose. My third last story sat for eight or nine days (when everything was very slow), and I sent a "Did this fall through the cracks?" PM and the story went live the next day. It happens.

Laurel really is good to her authors because we're the force that drives horny readers here and points their eyeballs to advertisers. Don't fuck up too badly and you can get away with a lot. Address her politely and she responds kindly. (Did I just use too many adverbs?)

FWIW, I submitted one last week and it only took a couple of days for approval, so ten does sound like it got stuck somewhere.

I submitted one eight days ago and it was published yesterday. Four thousand words so it wasn’t a long story.

Back