Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very tired of being sick. Went to work for the morning and have been exhausted and coughing ever since. Oldest, bless her, volunteered that we could all do with a quiet evening and that she would rather not go to her Guides meeting tonight so that I could rest.
I hope you feel better soon, Phaedre :rose:
Rest in peace, K. Keeping A and D in my thoughts.

:rose:

I'm very sorry for your loss, Eilan :rose:

Thanks, all. :rose:

A is my cousin. K was her husband, and D is their daughter.

A and K had both had bad luck with relationships in the past and had given up on finding someone when they were introduced by a mutual friend. They married 2 1/2 years ago, and they have a one-year-old, who was born at around the same time that K was diagnosed with cancer. When I saw him in August, he was doing well. Unfortunately, he had a relapse, and was once again responding fairly well to treatment when he somehow ended up with a staph infection. :(

Thanks, all. :rose:

A is my cousin. K was her husband, and D is their daughter.

A and K had both had bad luck with relationships in the past and had given up on finding someone when they were introduced by a mutual friend. They married 2 1/2 years ago, and they have a one-year-old, who was born at around the same time that K was diagnosed with cancer. When I saw him in August, he was doing well. Unfortunately, he had a relapse, and was once again responding fairly well to treatment when he somehow ended up with a staph infection. :(

Life can be a cunt.
I'm truly sorry.:rose:

Considering turning in my motherhood credentials.

Can't be done I'm afraid, it's a parents curse to muddle along regardless, and when all else fails worry yourself sick and love all you can. {{{{{{BeeG}}}}}}

Feeling a bit fatigued are we?:)

Somewhat. However, I'm up all bright-eyed this morning.

Considering turning in my motherhood credentials.
Nahhh don't do that. We all doubt ourselves from time to time.
Can't be done I'm afraid, it's a parents curse to muddle along regardless, and when all else fails worry yourself sick and love all you can. {{{{{{BeeG}}}}}}

You are always so wise and kind. What Quili said, Beeg. :rose::rose:

I'm a pro at the worry yourself sick part. :rolleyes:

JustSkye said:
Nahhh don't do that. We all doubt ourselves from time to time.

I hate it when I see a train wreck about to happen and all I can do is sit by and watch it happen. Adult children drive me crazy. *sigh*

I hate it when I see a train wreck about to happen and all I can do is sit by and watch it happen. Adult children drive me crazy. *sigh*

I have two, so I feel your angst. All you can do is offer impartial advice and be there for support. Of course, we will always worry because they'll always be our babies.

I have two, so I feel your angst. All you can do is offer impartial advice and be there for support. Of course, we will always worry because they'll always be our babies.

Yep. No matter how old they are, the first reaction is to run in and fix it. Can't do that this time. He needs to clean up his own mess. I can't grab him by the ear and make him do it. But boy oh boy do I want to.

I have a new bed partner. He's got four paws, a tail, and is currently trying to chew on my knitting needles.

:eek:

41cWte4Sc-L._AA280_.jpg

Mama likes!

Maybe I will buy them with the money from MY NEW JOB! Whoopee yahoo hurray!

you got the job?!!! congratulations!

Can you wear the boots to work? ;)

Thank you thank you thank you ladies!

Yep I can, it is exactly the same job I do now for the state, only with a private insurance company. I go around to docs, and hospitals, and make sure we are getting them paid, and keeping them content. I think the boots would actually help in some situations. I ended up being the "firefighter" for my dept. I said it was because I have big boobs and it distracts them from whatever they are bitching about.

Thank you thank you thank you ladies!

Yep I can, it is exactly the same job I do now for the state, only with a private insurance company. I go around to docs, and hospitals, and make sure we are getting them paid, and keeping them content. I think the boots would actually help in some situations. I ended up being the "firefighter" for my dept. I said it was because I have big boobs and it distracts them from whatever they are bitching about.

I have a complaint.
Bring the boots.
drool-animated-animation-love-smiley-emoticon-000381-large.gif

At the funeral home yesterday, my cousin's daughter was walking around pointing at pictures of her daddy and saying, "Da? Da?"

Broke my heart. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back