"The Madness of the Mist"

Ritapita

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Posts
122
"The Madness of the Mist"


Please do not post here yet.
I am only just now putting this idea together.
Feel free to subscribe to the Conversation Thread, though,
and you will be informed of when we are ready.

28 December 2017
The Hampton Center
Hampton, Iowa


Post for Mary Richards:

The Christmas shopping season was finally over, but the mall was no less busy than it had been a week earlier. There were returns and exchanges to be made, gift cards to be burned up, and the after-Christmas liquidation frenzy.

Mary Richards went to the window of her office to look down upon the food court. It was still packed, despite the fact that the vendors stopped serving food at 8pm and there were only 15 minutes left until the mall's 9pm closing.

"Go the hell home," she murmured as she watched the milling crowd. "I can't leave until you're all the hell out of here."

That wasn't exactly true, though. When she'd taken the job as General Manager, Mary had had to make some cuts in Administration and Security. She'd taken a lot of flak from those under her who -- after no pay raises over the past 6 years and a recent hike in their health care costs -- rightfully felt that they were doing more work for less pay day after day.

Mary felt for them, but she had had no choice. She had a boss, too. So, to share the pain, she'd taken over some administration duties, which had added about 8 hours to her already typical 50 hour week; and then she had offered to share the end-of-day tasks with security, which meant that she was now the person to leave the mall, with the exception of the night time guard.

A light knock at the door caused her to turn. The graveyard security officer, Security Sam as they lovingly called the ancient yet still spry Samuel Howard, said with concern, "Ma'am, you should probably head out early tonight. There's a fog coming in from the hills to the west, and it might make your commute home dangerous."

"Thank you, Sam," she replied with a smile. "But I'll finish up with you like usual."

"But--"

She silenced him with a hand raised in a stop gesture. "I'll be fine, Sam. It's just 2 miles."

Sam departed, and Mary collected her things before locking up and heading downstairs to help encourage the stragglers out the doors. But when she arrived at the main floor, she found a large crowd gathered near the mall's main entrance at the food court. They were all facing the glass doors, staring out into the night.

Only it didn't seem like night at all. Despite being after 9pm on a day when the sun had fallen before 5, the sidewalk area beyond the exit seemed more gray than black.

"What's going on?" she asked one of the food court janitors who was just staring at the back of the crowd.

"Mist," the woman said, pointing. "It's, it's thick! Strange."

Mary headed through the crowd, politely asking them to make way for her, and arriving at the glass saw what the janitor had described. Beyond the doors, a slowly swirling fog filled the parking lot, which was unseen beyond the curb of the 20 foot wide sidewalk. She looked around the crowd and saw fearful expressions as they chatted in hushed, concerned tones.

"What's wrong with everyone?" she asked a man with a New Balance name tag that identified him as Alex. "It's just a fog. Mist coming off the reservoir."

"No it's not," he answered. "It came off the hills to the east. But the wind is blowing from the west, off the lake, like it always does this time of year."

Mary looked out the glass again, finding the banners announcing the post season sales blowing just as Alex had suggested.

"And..."

She turned to him, asking, "And what?"

He hesitated, his face almost pale with fear. "There were sounds."

"What kind of sounds?"

Another man nearby said, "Screams!"

Alex clarified, "Like someone was being attacked by someone else."

"Or like someone was attacking someone else," a woman chimed in, "like a wild animal."

Mary looked back to the doors again, and after a moment she laughed, nervously. She didn't believe what the others were telling her, but then she was also sure that there was something strange going on.

She moved to the fountain near the middle of the food court, stepped up onto the granite stones surrounding it, and looked out upon the still gathering crowd. She identified herself, then reassured them that everything was fine.

"Its just a mist, and I'm sure it's fine for you all to go home," she told them. But the fear and uncertainty was obvious in their faces. She added, "However, if you want to stick around until the mist clears a bit, until it's safer for you to drive or walk home, the food court will remain open for another hour, until 10 o'clock."

Some of the patrons moved to find seats, while others just continued to mill about or watch the mist. Mary did the latter for a moment, then returned to her office to find her radio to call for Sam.
 
Last edited:
(OOC: Although this post begins at 9:20pm, the introductory posts of other writers can begin before it.)

(OOC: I have a writer for the male character below, so I am going to be very careful about not "god moding" his character anymore than the two of us have already discussed.)



Chicken Kitchen (food court)
9:20pm:


Tami Paul was bent over a stack of boxes of ready-to-cook chicken thighs, the frosty surface of the wax coated packaging numbing her bared breasts and belly as her boyfriend's cock rammed her hard and fast from behind. She loved this! The wickedness of it all. And the pleasure, too, of course. Bobby was an impressive lover, with a big cock and a fit, jock body that had the muscle and energy to work her hard. She'd always cum with him, which was really the only reason she was still allowing him to find his own pleasure inside her after what she'd learned about him.

She felt her orgasm building and began pleading in an ever louder voice, "Don't stop. Don't stop! Don't stop!"

Tami had already cum once, followed by Bobby's eruption a minute or two later, but it was her second orgasm that was what she always considered her climax. And then it was there: her body tensed, her arms and hands clutched tighter at the boxes that her own warmth were causing to defrost on their surface, and raising her head she screamed out in ecstasy, her voice bouncing off the walk-in cooler's walls. She trembled from head to toe for a long, long moment, then finally slumped down against the stack, lost to the euphoria that made her forget all the world around her.

She didn't know how long she lay there, eyes closed, heart pounding, chest swelling and subsiding, but eventually after he grunted out his own second orgasm, Bobby's hard, desperate thrusts came to an end and he backed away from her. He gave her his standard post-coital commentary as she worked herself back to her feet, pulling her bra and uniform top back down into place, then pulling her skirt and panties upward as well.

"Vicki told me she's pregnant," she suddenly said as Bobby was peeking out the little cooler door window for anyone who might see the non-employee exiting the fast food restaurant's freezer after hours. When he turned to look at her with the expression she'd expected, Tami continued, "She says it's yours, Bobby. And that you told her to get an abortion 'cause you're not gonna -- and these are her words! -- quote, ruin my life by being a father at 19, unquote."

She let him begin with what ever the fuck he wanted to say in his defense, then cut him off with, "I'm pregnant, too."

That silenced him, and after a moment she told him what he surely feared, "And yes, fucker, it's yours."

This time she didn't wait for him to respond. She couldn't: she was seconds away from exploding in tears. She fixed her clothing as best as she could as she pushed past him, saying, "I need to finish closing up. You need to leave."

Tami hurried around the fast food joint for another 10 minutes or so, not just finishing the final shut down tasks that she hadn't already done before leading Bobby into the freezer unit but doing other unnecessary tasks just to burn up the time until her bus arrived. Off and on, her eyes again filled with tears, but she just wiped them away, cursed herself for being weak, and continued on.

Checking the time on her phone, Tami headed across the food court to the bathroom to shed her soiled panties and don one of the back up pair she kept in her purse. She emerged and headed for the exit at the east end of the mall which was closest to the bus stop. Her mind was absorbed with what had happened back in the freezer, so she didn't immediately realize that there were far too many people still inside the mall for, what was it, 9:45? And they were abuzz with conversation.

"What's going on?" she asked one of the store managers with whom she was familiar as she was approaching and preparing to walk past her. "What are all these--"

"You shouldn't go outside," the woman said with a frantic tone and expression. "There's something going on."

"What?" Tami asked, already becoming frightened. She'd had direct or indirect experience with far more terrorist events than any one person should, and she hadn't even turned 19 yet. She'd been trampled and nearly killed at the concert in Las Vegas when that nut began shooting down on the crowd, and a year before than she'd nearly been run over by a guy who drove his car through a crowd of students on her college campus. She begged the woman, "Tell me, what's going on?"

"No one knows," the woman continued, grasping Tami's arm and moving her the last twenty feet necessary to show her the northeast exit. Two dozen people were assembled there, talking or staring at the doors. And beyond the doors was a thick mass of gray that looked like a daytime fog, despite it being 4 or 5 hours after sundown. The woman asked desperately, "See it?"

"It's just fog," Tami said, calming a bit and wondering whether or not the older woman was simply having a panic attack or was nuts. "I don't understand what--"

"There are dead people out there," the woman cut her off. When Tami looked to her with wide open eyes, the woman continued, "There's a body on the sidewalk."

Tami pulled her arm free, hesitated, then walked toward the doors, cutting through the crowd, until she could indeed see a dark form laying on the sidewalk.

"Hasn't anyone helped him?" she asked Sam, an elderly security guard who had been trying to calm people at the door when Tami walked up. When she herself was warned not to go outside, she repeated her question, "Did you help that guy out there? He needs help."

She turned to look at the others, calling out, "Aren't any of you going to--"

But she was cut off by a sudden slamming sound. She literally leaped off the ground and spun to look at the door. A woman in a nice business style suit was pressed up against the glass of the outer set of doors, pounding on the glass with one fist and she pulled fruitlessly at the locked door's handle, begging to be let inside.

Tami rushed forward through the inner set of doors, despite calls from behind her not to open the outer door. She was just reaching for the door handle when something suddenly reached out from the mist, grasped the screaming woman around the waist, and jerked her back into the gray so hard and do fast that Tami was sure it had broken her at the waist, her body bending over like a closed book, torso slamming against upward flying legs.

Standing there in total shock with eyes and mouth wide, Tami was unaware that others were grasping her and pulling her back inside, slamming the inner doors behind her. Her next entirely conscious thought would be of sitting on the stairway that led up to the Professional Offices and Administration level of the mall with a friendly man talking softly to her, trying to calm her.

All she could say was, "I'm gonna die. Third time. Third strike. They're finally gonna get me."
 
Last edited:
Name:

Gender:
Age:

School?
Job?

Image (optional)
Physical Description (optional)

Personality

History
(you can add to this over time)

Additional Information
(you can add to this over time)
 
Back
Top