Alphas ~ Feral fire~ {closed}

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
tumblr_n2rk0fNLnH1sg2817o1_500.jpg


They had moved quicker than expected and Dr. Rosen was up to his eyeballs in reports of alpha activity. He and his team had done their best to round them all up till reports began popping up that set the hair on the back of his neck to attention.

We have to go... now... Bill round everyone up we have to get help. Rosen called out.

Who are we gonna get to help us? Bill questioned warily.

Lets just pray she will help us. Rosen said as he handed Bill the latest file. Read in it Bill knew exactly who he meant and started to protest but Rosen was not having it.

We all leave now Bill. She is the only one who can help us.

Everyone else was brought up to speed as they drove out of town quickly.

Her name is Eden she is a rare form alpha commonly referred to as a feral. The last known location is the protected forest west of town that is where we are headed and asking her to come back to the team is not up for debate so lets go.

Rosen had spoken and Nina and. Bill could tell that arguing with him was pointless and the fact was Parrish had clearly had at least one or two feral in his control and now they were out there causing trouble and Eden was the best person to help them find them.

Keep your eyes open she could be anywhere. Rossen said as they drove slowly along the old road deep in the woods.

Its hard to see anything in these dense woods.

Cameron said as he looked around. His ability was not really helping him in this moving car. Rachel had the window down and sighed.

I can't pinpoint a scent way too many flowering trees and stuff.

Without a cellphone I can't find her...

Gary grumbled in that agitated tone. He missed his friend and was glad they were going to need her for this assignment he just hoped she would help.

Bill and Nina scanned silently from the drivers seats of the two cars. Both had their reasons for not being too comfortable around the person they were essentially coming to beg to come back to the team to help them fix a problem they technically created.

tumblr_muf3lkBwcJ1risr9ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0ouu5QqYR1qc36kyo1_500.jpg
 
Cameron shifted in his seat, an enclosed space was nowhere near optimal for using his ability as it was, let alone the fact that he could sense that while he didn't know this Eden they were asking for help, most everyone else in the car seemed to and had mixed feelings on it.

The world was crazy. It wasn't long ago that Dr. Rosen had done his stunt, revealing the existence of Alphas to the world before being committed to a hospital to try and cover up the truth. Now Parish had made a move, with a good portion of Binghamton's Building 7 escaping. The team was regrouped to help stop the growing threat of Parish and his Red Flag cohorts.

"Theres no signal out here, you should have let me stay at the office." mumbled Gary

"No Gary, we need you with us. You seemed to have the best connection with Eden and we may need your help if she's going to help us." stated Dr. Rosen

It was then that he saw her, crouched on the side of the road watching them pass.

"Bill, stop the car!" shouted Cameron, opening the door as Bill slammed on the brakes. Looking around he looked to where she was, and then the surrounding area. "She was right there, on the side of the road."
 
Eyes alert everyone... Dr Rosen called as everyone got out of the cars. Rachel brushing her hair back listening trying to hear any clues to where she was. Gary looked around.

She told us to leave her alone. When they nearly sent her to...

Yes Gary we know... Nina hissed as she looked around. Her powers to "push" people were lost on Eden and that never had sit well with her.

Rachel help growled at both of them and walked a little further away from the group as she listened trying to hear anything. Dr. Rosen stepped in front of the cars and called out.

Eden... I... I know you. Said to leave you alone and we would not be here if it were not an emergency. Please... lets put past behind us... all of us and work together please. Bill kept his hand near his gun on instinct and grumbled when Rosen mentioned the past. Rosen's words were soon answered with the sound of something landing on the roof of the suv.

What do you want Rosen?

Eden growled as she stood up staring down at all of them.

Gary clapped and smiled.

Eden hi...Stanton Parrish had some Ferals and now that he is caught they are loose and we can't catch them we need your help.

Rachel bit her lip at how to the point Gary was speaking for everyone. Bill cringed slightly as did Nina and Dr Rosen stood his ground.

I know Gary I have met some of his... creations. Now my next question is... why should I care Bill? Who thought to seek me Rachel and whats in it for me Nina?

The questions were not really directed at the names she calls out but more all of them till she spotted Cameron and landed on the groin in front of him sizing up the unknown Alpha before looking to Rosen again. For answers.
 
Now my next question is... why should I care Bill? Who thought to seek me Rachel and whats in it for me Nina?

Cameron looked at the wild woman in front of him, jumping from the top of the SUV to the ground in front of him, feeling sized up. In the matter of moments his thoughts went from 'wtf?!' to 'damn, she's... hot' which immediately had him reeling considering the past with Nina.

"Look, Eden, I don't know what kind of past you have with the rest of the team, but we're on even ground here. In the time I've worked with them though things have gone wild, and now we have a situation on hand where we need the help to stop these Red Flag people from destroying the world. Will you help us?"

Gary piped up. "Yea, yea. Hicks is right, we need your help. Rachel can't even find you out here with her powers, and neither can I. We need you to help us because we can't do it."

Rachel rolled her eyes as Gary mentioned her having issues. "Thanks Gary."

Nina had moved back into a possible flanking position, while looking uncaring and bored with the whole affair. Bill had also moved into a position to flank, hand on his gun in case things went wild, tense as ever.
 
A veiled snarl at the mention of Red Flag but just as quickly it seems more lethal and local as her eyes move to Nina and Bill.

Why should I care... and no offense I have no plans of ending up in Binghamton.

Bill and Nina looked at each other as Gary glared at them too.

Bill is my friend now he won't send you away... right Bill?

I know they won't Gary... Nina knows her ability won't work on me and Bill and I have gone toe to toe before and it didn't end well for either of us. Isn't that right Bill... Nina.

Eden looked to them till Rosen spoke up.

Eden... please... no Binghamton... we need your help. You said these were creation? So they are not born Alphas?

Eden shook her head.

20 yr old ferals know what they are and how to control their abilities. These people had no clue.

Her eyes never left Bill and Nina as she spoke. Bill was the first one to calm down.

No Binghamton Eden... we don't agree on tactics but... Rosen... he was right coming here to ask for your help. Please... help us.
 
As everyone seemed to settle down, the mood seemed to lighten slightly.

"So, we need to go. I can't do anything here." Gary stated before walking back to the SUV.

Rosen watched Gary before turning back to Eden "Eden, I know you don't feel comfortable with cars, generally. Considering your Alpha powers I understand your need for open spaces. However, it is quite a drive back to the office and we have a lot to sort out if you'd like to come with us."

Cameron composed himself, as Nina, Rachel and Bill all started making their way towards the SUV as well. Cameron smiled slightly before heading to the SUV and waiting at the door.

"Shall we be moving?"
 
Eden tensed a little looking at the suv. When she had been trapped in the city with the team she had always had a motorcycle this way not going to be a comforting situation. Rosen walked over and placing a fatherly hand on her shoulder he guided her slowly to the back of the suv to at least give her a little bit more room. Nodding to him and the smile from Cameron she got into the suv as Bill asked her where a turn around was where he would not mess up anything. She guided him then stared out the back watching her home slowly disappear.

It will be okay

Gary spoke up a little. He was a little more upbeat now thst he had signals to monitor.

Mom will be happy to see you... you should go to my house to see her.

Eden nodded and smiled a little.

I will Gary it will be nice to see her again.

She then looked to Cameron.

So what ability do you bring to this rag tag team?
 
"Basically, I can aim really well."

"He's a Hyperkinetic. Great aim, balance, reflexes and wonderful trajectory prediction skills, when he's focused." piped up Rosen.

"We found him after he shot a guy. But he was made to do it." added Gary.

Cameron frowned slightly, leaning slightly in his seat and trying to relax a bit for the ride home.

Rosen looked into the rearview back towards Eden. "Do you have any idea how Parish was able to create these feral Alphas, or maybe where they were created?"
 
You know Parish as well as I do Rosen he will test and use whatever he can to try to make everyone like us. That is why you went public isn't it. Told everyone about us. So tell me what did you think of Binghamton Dr Rosen?

Rachel blinked and looked to Dr Rosen biting her lip Rosen simply nodded.

Yes Stanton Parrish can be quite resourceful. Can you help us find them?

Can I... yes Will I... that is the better question.

Gary then with an almost surprising clarity looked back at her.

You can help us help them... like mom helped you... remember?
 
Nina looked over at Eden, then to Gary. "Like your mom helped her?"

Nina wasn't the only one slightly surprised at what Gary said, especially Cameron since the only instances he had the opportunity to meet Garys mom were when she was fretting over him. She seemed like she wasn't terribly interested in the rest of the team or what they did so much as making sure Gary home at a certain time.

"So how did your mom help Eden, Gary?"
 
Rosen and Bill knew the story having been there but Rosen looks to Eden to see if she was willing to share.

Gary had just starts with Dr Rosen and his mother was very protective of any kids really. Working with kids in the hospital and surrounding clinics. I had started showing signs of my alpha side that could not be ignored. So my foster parents kicked me out. Gary's mom found me in a storage shed on the back end of their property she realized that there was something different about me and got a hold of Dr Rosen and he checked into my foster parents and I was turning 18 soon so would be kicked out of the system anyways so I ended up living in office. Training and learning from Rosen till... well lets just say I went from snapping on a mission to Bill and Nina trying to drag me off to Binghamton calling me a threat.

Bill shifted a little in his seat and Nina just rolled her eyes till meet in Rosen's eyes and sighed grumbling.

We could have acts a little too fast at least in some peoples opinion.

Gary chimed in.

Yeah in the only opinion that matters... Dr Rosen.
 
The rest of the ride to the office was fairly quiet, except for Gary making random comments here and there. As they pulled into the office parking lot Cameron could tell that Eden was uneasy. From the sounds of it Eden has had a hard life, and things weren't made easier by trying to work with the rest of the team. That was a fact that Cameron knew he would have to keep in mind going forward while working with her.

Rosen looked to everyone in the SUV. "We have a long road ahead, Red Flag doesn't stop for one man. Parish could have even made plans preparing for being captured. We don't have the luxury to sit idly by."

With that everyone started to make their way out of the car. Cameron opened up the back of the SUV so Eden could get out.

"Welcome back to the team, I guess."
 
She sighed climbed out of the suv.

For now maybe.

Gary walked along side of her.

You need a cellphone... we could find you easier. We could talk

I know Gary... I know. Lets not worry about that we have to start focusing on Parish.

Rosen walked into the largest conference room and waited on the others. Once everyone was in the room be handed Eden the files on the ferals and watched her expressions as she read.
 
Heading up to the office Cameron stepped into the conference room, leaning back in his chair as his Alpha abilities allowed him to balance himself on two chair legs. He saw Rosen grimace slightly at him, but right now this was relaxing somehow.

Bill rolled his eyes as he took his seat beside Cameron. Nina smirked before sitting down, obviously still a bit perturbed at having Eden around. Meanwhile Gary was in a corner flipping through something, Cameron figured they would know if something important came up.

Dr. Rosen sat nearest Eden, waiting patiently as she flipped through the file he had handed her, making sure she was caught up on the current situation.
 
A snarl curled her features as she read.

Let me see him... Now!

Rosen sighed she knew he was there. Nina snapped

Hell no!

Eden was standing hands on the table eye to eye with Nina...

Care to rephrase that Nina?

Rosen moved to put a hand on Eden shoulder.

That is fine but we will be watching through the glass okay.

Eden nodded.

Fine lead the way.

Dr Rosen motioned for her to follow him as Bill looked to Nina.

Get over it he is trapped here and he can't affect her like he did that day. She would not have willingly killed any of us get over yourself so she is immune to your power boo hoo.

Nina glared at Bill and headed to her office.
 
Cameron watched as everything went down, but as Eden walked off with Rosen and Nina stormed to her office it seemed the current issue had died down. Gary walked off towards his office, lost in his own world of signals, leaving Cameron in the conference room with Rachel.

"Okay then. Rachel, can you please fill me in? She said she snapped, Bill mentioned Parish affecting her... what happened that caused such a problem that sending her to Binghamton sounded like the best possibility?"

Cameron watched Rachel as she sighed, obviously recalling the memory that had likely been sitting with her all day.

"Look, I was controlled when you guys caught up with me. If she was controlled somehow... maybe we can help each other cope with the aftermath of something like that."

Cameron was fighting the urge to just go in his office and toss the baseball around the room, trying to face a bit of what he felt about when The Ghost had gotten to him.
 
Rachel sighed she didn't like thinking about that day but she had come to trust Cameron so she stared at her hands for a moment.

Stanton Parish... before we knew his real name and his history we ran into him we had only been a real team for a few months when it happened. She had followed a scent trail and when we caught up with her... there were so many bodies around her. She was almost in ribbons herself standing there he used our arrival to say something to her and then escaped with us having to face her. Gary tire to run up to her but backed away apparently getting a good look at her eyes. I smelled something but had no idea what it was and it was making me dizzy and weak. Rosen being himself tried to walk up to her to reach her deep down and bring her out of whatever was going on with her. She backhanded him I to a wall. Bill got combat ready and Nina tried to push her mind only to end up near Rosen. She and Bill fought and had she not lost alot of blood... she might have been able to kill him. Nina can't handle any on who "turns on the team" like that but we all know and she has admitted her power being useless on someone really pisses her off.

Eden walked into the interrogation room and stared at Parish in silence for a long moment before speaking.

How did you make them into alphas.

Her voice low and lethal as she spoke.

Parish was clearly not sure if her presence was a good thing or not. Finally something he had not predicted Rosen thought.

Answer me or they will not be able to get in here fast enough to stop me from shredding you like all those bodies in that garden.

Bill grumbled.

I don't like this Dr Rosen.

Rosen just nodded his obsession with Stanton Parrish and the workings of his mind had a full grip over him fo now.
 
Cameron listened, thinking a moment. "I wonder what he said to her. From what we know of him so far his Alpha ability has gone more towards his aging process and his ability to know... everything. Not mind control really, he's turned to others with that ability to do that work for him."

Cameron frowned, then moved towards his office. As it stood right now he felt he was a bullet waiting to be aimed. Until they had somewhere to be, there wasn't much for him to do.

Meanwhile, Bill and Dr. Rosen looked on as Eden confronted Parish. Bill tense, ready to run in there and handle any situation that might arise.
 
Well then... Parish spoke.

I see you did not in fact end up in Binghamton my dear Eden. How ever did Rosen pull that off? 12 shredded bodies you covered in blood yet... here you are not sealed away in your own mind rotting in that hell hole.

Eden snarled but stayed focused for now.

How did you make them into Alphas?

They went back and forth for nearly an hour before she left the room.

He changed them somehow I know he did... but how... this is not my area. Let me know when you want him dead.

Slamming her way past Bill she went back to the main floor and paced the halls trying to calm down.
 
Cameron had been sitting in his office for the rest of the hour, bouncing a ball off the walls. When he saw Eden pacing the hallway he knew that her confrontation with Parish was over, for better or worse. From the looks of it, not for the better. Standing up he walked to the door of his office, which was open, and looked towards her.

"I would say it didn't go as well as you hoped, or is that more because he's not dead?"

For a moment he thought he caught a smile and a glimmer in her eye, but she continued pacing. Cameron looked at the clock, then back to Eden.

"If you want we could head outside a moment, maybe grab some lunch nearby?"
 
I know he made them into alphas but he refuses to say how. And yes the fact that he still draws breath is a disappointment too.


She smiled a little to Cameron then hearing mention of leaving the building and nodded.

Lunch sounds good. Gary tell Rosen I will be back later.

With that she turned and headed for the door.

Lets go. That little food truck still by the park? Greek and Italian food.
 
Cameron smiled, walking down the hall to the elevators. He tried to ignore it but he noticed Nina scowling at him and Eden as they passed, tho he made sure not to turn and look.

"Where else can you get a plate of spaghetti and a gyro? There is also a little truck that sells the best Po' Boys I have ever had."

Heading outside he paid for lunch as well as a couple of drinks, sitting down beside Eden on a cement planter box nearby as they ate.

"So, I've heard you and the Doc refer to you as being a Feral. What exactly does that entail in regards to what you can do? If you don't mind me asking."
 
Well in a way I am Bill and Rachel rolled into one without their side effects. I can "combat snap" or Berserk however you want to word it. Climbing and swimming are as easy as walking to me thin air or hard waves don't bother me like they do most. My down side tight closed unnatural places... cars office buildings... cells.

She ate the gyro trying to maintain a more normal human pace of eating.
 
Cameron took a bit of his shrimp po' boy, enjoying the kick of spice with the savory sandwich before taking a sip of his soda.

"Well, I can see how that would have its advantages. I can also imagine how uncomfortable it would be to stay in the office there." He motioned to the large building where the office was located up a few floors. "Something tells me you'll be sitting on the roof or pacing out here as much as you can."

Cameron smiled, enjoying a meal and making small talk with his new team member. He hoped that at the least he could help her feel comfortable around the team, or have someone to talk to she felt comfortable with in case she needed an ear.
 
Roof mostly. They tend to leave me alone up there... well except for Rosen and Gary.

She laughed a little as she looked around.

Bill seems to have mellowed a bit. Nina still does not seem to trust me nor does she seem to like you seeking to spend time with me.

She looked to Cameron then to the people wandering around them.

Its like they don't remember what Rosen said or don't want to maybe. How many of them are like us though? How many of these kids might end up abandoned for showing alpha traits?
 
Back
Top