Pubs' ACA replacement: The American Health Care Act

KingOrfeo

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Posts
39,182
AHCA:

The AHCA would allow states to continue to enroll persons in the ACA Medicaid expansion through January 1, 2020, and would disallow further enrollment after that date.[2] The AHCA will include age-based tax credits for those who earn less than $75,000, or $150,000 for joint filers.[2] The bill would require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions. The AHCA uses a standard of 'continuous coverage', defined by a 63-day coverage gap, where an individual who currently has insurance and is changing insurers will not pay a higher rate with their new insurer. Individuals who wish to buy insurance but are outside of the coverage gap will pay a 30 percent premium surcharge for one year and then return to standard rates.[3] Both healthy and the sick are required to pay the surcharge, which may cause healthier persons to remain outside of the market causing overall health care cost to raise.[3][4]

Okaaay . . .

This is an improvement how?
 
AHCA:



Okaaay . . .

This is an improvement how?

Well it will at least semi pull the (D) dick out of the working class's ass.

"The AHCA will include age-based tax credits for those who earn less than $75,000, or $150,000 for joint filers.[2] The bill would require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions"

Trump and the GOP, more progressive than Obama......bye bye (D)'s :) The GOP just became the party of the working class.

I still think they should have gone for a single payer just to cut the DNC"s head off for the next 50 years.
 
Last edited:
I still think they should have gone for a single payer just to cut the DNC"s head off for the next 50 years.

Surprisingly, I agree. We need single-payer and I don't care which party enacts it. That's how Bismarck pre-empted the German Socialists.
 
Surprisingly, I agree. We need single-payer and I don't care which party enacts it. That's how Bismarck pre-empted the German Socialists.

It would be a nice luxury to have, that we could afford if our government wasn't so over the top corrupt. But I don't think we need it, certainly not with the current governments way of running shit.

I think the reform we need currently is far more fundamental and basic.

We need to erect a barrier between corporate funding and our politicians.

No more multi billion dollar campaigns, showering pols in millions of dollars in cash and prizes to get their favor.

Go to D.C. getting paid 180k/yr.....worth millions in just a few years.

It's nothing but PURE corruption and a terrible environment to try and birth a new primary social service. That's how you get a piece of shit like ACA. :)
 
We need to erect a barrier between corporate funding and our politicians.

No more multi billion dollar campaigns, showering pols in millions of dollars in cash and prizes to get their favor.

Go to D.C. getting paid 180k/yr.....worth millions in just a few years.

Again, I agree.
 
That bill will not pass. Conservatives in the Freedom Party will not vote for Obamacare Lite. They should use Rand Paul's bill instead. That one won't bankrupt the system and it was crafted by actual doctors.
 
Not sure how "Kind of like the ACA, except with no funding mechanism" represents any sort of improvement.

But once you realize that there's no one in the Republican Party who actually cares about health care policy, and all of this debate is smoke and mirrors to cover a massive tax cut for the megarich, it begins to make sense.
 
Conservative groups blast GOP healthcare plan

Outside conservative groups on Tuesday blasted House Republicans’ newly unveiled healthcare proposal, saying it doesn’t live up to the GOP’s promise of fully repealing ObamaCare.

The Club for Growth dubbed the proposal “RyanCare” and threatened to record names of Republicans who vote for the bill unless it includes significant changes.

Heritage Action, FreedomWorks and the Koch brothers-backed Americans for Prosperity, a group aligned with billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch, also issued scathing statements highly critical of the "American Health Care Act," which was released on Monday.

http://www.thehill.com/policy/healthcare/322717-conservative-groups-blast-gop-healthcare-plan
 
That bill will not pass. Conservatives in the Freedom Party will not vote for Obamacare Lite.

No bill that substantially reduces the number of people now covered will get a majority. The town halls have at least taught the Pubs the consequences of voting for such.
 

I really hope they decide to completely repeal the ACA. If that happens, you will see a massive loss by the Republicans in the next election. That coupled with the lesson learned by the Democrats this time around, maybe, just maybe all the fucking dip shit politicians in Congress will realize what the people really want and need, an affordable healthcare system that doesn't take a fucking lawyer to navigate.

But that isn't going to happen any time soon, until what BB said above comes to fruition: We have to get corporate money out of politics and make it representative of all the people and not just those who have the huge amounts of money to buy it.



Comshaw
 
Simon Maloy:

Let’s start with the policy. The GOP bill rips out large chunks of the Affordable Care Act, including the individual mandate (more on that in a bit) and the income-based subsidies but leaves in place the ACA’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions. The income-based subsidies will be replaced with age-based tax credits — under the proposed law, a 30-year-old person who makes $75,000 a year would receive the same tax credit as a 30-year-old making half as much. The amount of assistance jumps up incrementally as someone ages — to a maximum benefit of $4,000 a year for people older than 60.

The Kaiser Family Foundation has shown that reconfiguring tax credits along these lines will likely result in smaller subsidies for low-income people and the elderly — the groups that generally need the most help in paying for health insurance. As Vox’s Sarah Kliff wrote, the bill also lets insurance companies “charge the oldest Americans five times as much as the youngest Americans,” which further diminishes the value of the tax credit.

To say that the bill “eliminates” the Obamacare individual mandate isn’t completely accurate: It creates a different sort of mandate. The Affordable Care Act requires you to purchase insurance or pay a fine to the IRS. The fine is calculated based on how many people are in your household, and the maximum penalty this year is $2,085. Under the American Health Care Act, you would not be required to purchase insurance. If you go without insurance coverage for more than a couple of months, however, and then try to sign up for a plan, your insurer would charge you a 30 percent penalty on top of your monthly premium for an entire year.

Republicans can say this is not technically a “mandate” because there is no language in the bill that specifically directs anyone to purchase insurance coverage. But the effect of the legislation is still “buy insurance or pay a penalty,” the difference being that the fine would be sent to your health insurer instead of the government. Under the GOP bill, you could always opt to go without insurance altogether, but that’s a workable option only if you’re extremely wealthy or immortal.

The Affordable Care Act’s expansion of Medicaid, which accounted for a large portion of the ACA’s coverage gains, also falls under the GOP’s health care hatchet. States will be prohibited from enrolling new people into expanded Medicaid coverage starting in 2020, and the Medicaid funding structure will be changed to a per-capita system that will likely result in massive spending cuts for the program.

While the GOP health bill gives low-income, sick and elderly people less money to purchase less useful health care plans, the lucky-ducky rich have their taxes cut. Obamacare’s taxes on investment income will be repealed under the American Health Care Act, and wealthy individuals will disproportionately benefit from the bill’s tax incentives for investing in health savings accounts. The legislation even contains a tax break for health insurance executives who make more than $500,000 annually.
 
It looks like the party in power is finding that crafting a healthcare plan ain't as easy as they boasted. Trump said he had a great one that was just about ready, so maybe he should unveil it asap. So far this whole clusterfuck is sort of fun to watch.
 
It looks like the party in power is finding that crafting a healthcare plan ain't as easy as they boasted.

It would be if they were doing the right thing.

But now they are in power and don't have to EVER give a fuck about anything but filling their pockets again.

So instead of doing it right, destroying the DNC and becoming the political heroes they have the perfect opportunity to become.

They said "fuck it" and are just going to steal the (D)'s scam for themselves to rat fuck and price gouge the American people out of every penny they can.

Probably before they get stuck on trying to ban sex, drugs and rock n' roll.
 
Last edited:
It looks like the party in power is finding that crafting a healthcare plan ain't as easy as they boasted. Trump said he had a great one that was just about ready . . .

Yeah, but that was before he found out health care is complicated. Who knew?!
 
It would be if they were doing the right thing.

But now they are in power and don't have to EVER give a fuck about anything but filling their pockets again.

Probably before they get stuck on trying to ban sex, drugs and rock n' roll.

Well, they are the party of buzzkill.
 
Well, they are the party of buzzkill.

Same shit as your beloved (D)'s just sold on a different platform of lies.

Remember GMO labeling, ending the wars and HC reform that isn't a total ass fucking for the working class we were supposed to get 8 years ago?


hillarys-hole-with-obama-at-dnc-july-27-2016.jpg
 
Last edited:
Same shit as your beloved (D)'s just sold on a different platform of lies.

Remember GMO labeling, ending the wars and HC reform that isn't a total ass fucking for the working class we were supposed to get 8 years ago?


hillarys-hole-with-obama-at-dnc-july-27-2016.jpg

I have no party affiliation.
 
I have no party affiliation.

LOL

Imagine that, you know Vetteman didn't have any party affiliation either ;)

Not exactly a buzzkill, is it?

Seriously?

Obama giving Monsanto total legal coverage to poison the people all they want with total impunity after campaigning on GMO labeling = not exactly a buzzkill?

LMFAO............eat some more yoga mat bread KO, it's Obama approved!!

32295_10152117477810942_165734.jpg
obama-monsanto-gulity.jpg
 
I sure am glad that President Trump is going to rid this country of GMO's.

At least, we won't be able to tell whether there are GMO's in or food or not.
 

Genetic modification in and of itself no.


But it can be depending on what the organism is modified for.

If it's modified to be grown in highly toxic shit like Round Up, use petrol chemical byproducts as nutrients to chemically force N/P/K into plants that give monkey's ass tumors the size of basket balls?

Monsanto run FDA says it's SAFE!!:D And that makes it good for you because the government would neeeever lie to you right KO? Eat moar RoundUP :D



The environmental threat the franken salmon poses, or any other future lab critter we decide to breed for food is no longer a future liability for any biotech corporation.

No problem now! Thanks Obama!

:)
 
Genetic modification in and of itself no.


But it can be depending on what the organism is modified for.

If it's modified to be grown in highly toxic shit like Round Up, use petrol chemical byproducts as nutrients to chemically force N/P/K into plants that give monkey's ass tumors the size of basket balls?

That's all on Round Up, not Monsanto.
 
Back
Top