The future under President Trump

Ekserb

You really hate me.
Most of my friends are right-leaning conservatives and my closest friends are mostly libertarians, so I wanted to ask some of the left-leaning members of this forum to chime in with what they think the next few years will be like.

I ask because I keep seeing some pretty dire warnings from the liberal halls of the internet and news media that seem to report the end of America—and the world—under President Trump. When these predictions use phrases and words like "catastrophe," "holocaust," and "end of the world as we know it," I'm curious as to what they mean. Do you think we are truly looking at the end of humanity, as in "nuclear winter" type of thing, or do you think it's just going to be a rough four/eight years followed by a restoration of sanity?

I'm not interested in anyone's explanations of why Trump won or who's to blame for Clinton's loss. Just tell me what you think of the future.

I'm not super active on the site, but I'll react when I can. Please keep it civil.

Nothing? Not even a hate-filled response? Interesting. I had no idea everyone here loves Trump so much.

Nothing? Not even a hate-filled response? Interesting. I had no idea everyone here loves Trump so much.

You'd probably have received multiple pages of response if this had been placed on the Politics Board. But otherwise my take on your post is the opinions solicited are from the more liberal to radical left leaning members here. But if you want a response from a more moderately leaning voter and viewer of the political system then here it is. Thing's aren't going to be dystopian or particularly fearful but there'll be an increase in left leaning rebellion groups much like in the 1960's.

~I predict people will still come on lit thinking it's a dating site and look for sex.
~I predict lurkers will still browse ampics and tribute their screens all night long.
~I predict masturbate will be spelled incorrectly...again.
~I predict your will be used instead of you're by people who hate text speak (irony).
~I predict most people will still want to join the 'in crowd' and get a free taco.
~I predict mayhem, meltdowns and matchmaking will occur daily.
~I predict at least one of my predictions will make no sense
~I predict it will be like every new President...
SSDD​

Bonus prediction. Even though your post has been up since the 28th and only 1 person responded. I predict the lemmings will soon descend.

~I predict people will still come on lit thinking it's a dating site and look for sex.
~I predict lurkers will still browse ampics and tribute their screens all night long.
~I predict your will be used instead of you're by people who hate text speak (irony).
~I predict most people will still want to join the 'in crowd' and get a free taco.
SSDD​

Bonus prediction. Even though your post has been up since the 28th and only 1 person responded. I predict the lemmings will soon descend.
LOL. :devil:

Is he ushering in the end of days? Nah, probably not. But things will get even more fearful for many, many people, and for most of them, rightfully so. His election has put the ugly in our country front and center (literally and figuratively).

It honestly looks like something is going to happen, something big, maybe impeachment, maybe even removal from office, and I think the GOP will see a major divide at that point. The rats will drown on the sinking ship, and hopefully, the more reasonable faction can unite with the left to make some real change. But, I'm a dreamer.

Is it the future yet or do I need to wait for tomorrow?

This is CLEARLY a political thread, posted in the wrong place.... PLEASE STOP POSTING POLITICS IN NON-POLITICAL FORUMS...

Threads are like stores. If you don't like what they sell don't go in.

SSDD​

ROFLMFAO too funny.

xCEaS3B.jpg

Wrong forum for politics

@coachdb18...exit out of the DR and go to the main forum list reading the description to the DR and it's "talk about anything" line. It's not my intention to be offensive but your wrong and its not really your place to be telling another lister what they can't post here. That's a moderators position. I don't always agree with where Ekserb is coming from but he's not out of line posting this thread in a place he frequents like the DR.

I've wondered this more than once.

Still I work with a lot of left leaning individuals...

As best as I can see it means that environmental regulations will be somewhat reduced. Gay/Trans rights will not continue to make the same government sponsored advances that it has over the last eight years. That the US may be slightly less engaged in being multicultural and international. That the conservatives may gain a lock on the Supreme Court for some time.

Oh, and Planet X will collide with Earth and wipe out all life as we know it... :rolleyes:

I suspected that most people who are predicting the End of Days are merely doing it for attention. As usual, the average person doesn't really think all that much will change, at least nothing that will directly affect them. And when it comes to politics, most people don't care one whit about the things that don't directly affect their daily lives.

It's not my intention to be offensive but your wrong...

:eek: The prediction came true! OMG! There's a psychic in the DR Lounge! :eek:

(I couldn't resist. I tried to. I really, really did. Swear.)

As far as the future will go under this current President, there will be unrest, drama, scandals, and back-door deals brokered all at the expense of "we the people." La misma mierda, día diferente.

But really, who the fuck knows for sure.

Okay, maybe Iceprincess12 knows. :cool:

Back