Need help!

LadyYuna

Virgin
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Posts
1
My apologies if this is a silly question. But I started writing under the impression that I would be able to periodically update my stories with new content.

https://www.literotica.com/s/all-women-are-my-servants

I want to create a follow up to this story, but I have no idea how to do so in a way that makes sense. Am I meant to just submit another story altogether and call that 'chapter 2' or what?
 
You should post it as a second chapter. There's a cliffhanger at the end of your story so the second chapter will definitely make sense.
 
My apologies if this is a silly question. But I started writing under the impression that I would be able to periodically update my stories with new content.

https://www.literotica.com/s/all-women-are-my-servants

I want to create a follow up to this story, but I have no idea how to do so in a way that makes sense. Am I meant to just submit another story altogether and call that 'chapter 2' or what?

Once a story is submitted, that's pretty much it for that submission. You can submit edits, but be aware that edits get lowest priority from the single site editor (Laurel). If you want to edit (but the broad advice is, get it right first time, don't waste the site ed's time with "vanity" edits - every writer finds typos the second a story is submitted) submit the corrected story with EXACTLY the same story name, and put EDIT in the "Notes" box.

If you plan a series on the same story arc and you know it ahead of time, submit the first story as follows:

Story Title Chap.01 chapter sub-title

Then the second:

Story Title Chap.02 different chapter sub-title

Number them 01 onwards (when you get to chapter 10 it remains in the right order). See my submissions list for several examples (link in my Sig block below).

In your current circumstances, don't worry about the first part. Just submit the second part with exactly the same main title, add Chap.02, add a new chapter sub-title, and in the "Notes to Editor" box, put in something that makes it clear that this is a second chapter (name the first part exactly as you submitted it). Laurel will sort out all of the joining up, and will also add Chap.01 to the first part. You can do this at any time - for example, I submitted Rope and Veil as a single stand-alone story, and only a couple of month's later decided on a sequel.

You can also use Part01 if you prefer - I think "Chapters" implies a running story line - I use "Part" to cluster together stand-alone stories running within a common theme.

Hope this makes sense.
 
If you poke around in other people's story listings you can see how this works. Stories with the same title and varying "ch X" at the end are automatically arranged together as a series. (Or maybe Laurel does it manually, dunno.)
 
Back
Top