Flashfic thread: Rotating themes

How many posts to change the topic?


  • Total voters
    54
Stella_Omega said:
I don't remember any sharks present at my birth! :eek:

Don't seem likely that there were.

Sharks don't dig Amniotic Fluid.

Makes their gills itch. ;)
 
Land sharks, on the other hand.

2e46e03a8ad5a53ef1a87848b84b28fb


Sorry, blast from the past. I grew up on old SNL.

-----

Water: 8 of 10.

"This one guy tried it in a barrel!" He sounded oddly enthusiastic about the possibility.

I shivered, as much from the idea as from the Cave of the Winds. He looked stupid in that yellow poncho, but that didn't keep him from having stupider ideas.

"You'd do it with me if you loved me." He drove the knife in, grinning broadly.

I was unimpressed. "Try again. Better yet, get your own barrel."

From the way he looked up at Bridal Veil Falls, I thought I saw the fanatic fascination kindle again.

God. I sighed. "Why couldn't we have gotten hitched in Vegas?"
 
tickledkitty said:
Damn, Glynndah. Got me excited there for a minute. ;)

Just for you.

9 out of 10
Water

Pausing at the water’s edge, the big cat panted, sides heaving as she took in the moist air, looking around, scanning the forest for signs she had been followed, even this deep into the jungle. She had been eluding capture, leading those who would cage her, enslave her to become an exhibit in their menagerie, another curiosity to be pointed at, stared at and marveled at. She was not a beast to be chained. She would not be taken. Caught by their snares, their nets, their traps, she would fight, snarling, claws flashing, teeth gnashing with her last, dying breath.

100 words exactly
 
glynndah said:
Don't just read them. Write one.

Me? I've written 3 of them. I'll do another soon.

Hey, looking back, I think you actually did #10 for water. Look at post #69 by drksideofthemoon. Looks like that one wasn't counted.
 
tickledkitty said:
Me? I've written 3 of them. I'll do another soon.

Hey, looking back, I think you actually did #10 for water. Look at post #69 by drksideofthemoon. Looks like that one wasn't counted.

TK is right! Glynndah, your go. :)
 
tickledkitty said:
Me? I've written 3 of them. I'll do another soon.

Hey, looking back, I think you actually did #10 for water. Look at post #69 by drksideofthemoon. Looks like that one wasn't counted.

Mine aren't to be counted, and it wasn't about the subject...
 
So what is the theme now please? I thought "water" had 10, so I am lost. Sorry. :confused:
 
10 or 11 of Water

They had abandoned it to its fate. They replaced it with newer and better and they walked away, not looking back.

Forty years it lay beneath the surface, unseen, unremembered and unmourned - just another victim of progress. The grand vision of fields of green hid the truth from their eyes.

Now grand progress was in retreat. Drought had taken their precious achievement and left it barren and dry.

It was back, rising from the mud, accusing; reminding them of their grandiose folly; their heartless disregard.

The fallen walls proclaimed the truth. This is the wide brown land. Remember.


new topic: wine
 
Last edited:
"Damn it!" he exclaimed. "Nobody likes my writing."

The feeling of rejection and shattered dreams spurred him on.

"My stories are good. I will take them elsewhere, you can all go...


Oh, wait. The topic is Wine? Sigh. Never mind. :catroar:
 
Last edited:
Wine

It was my turn to choose the wine for this months' meeting. Standing in the aisle at the grocery store, looking at the rows of labels, I was lost. Sophie said she was having barbequed chicken, so that meant I needed the pinot noir right? No it was white zinfandel! I remembered now. Grabbing two bottles, I had only one thought in mind. If I had this wrong, the Ladies Magazine Sharing Club would kick me out. That just wouldn’t do; I was addicted to the monthly issue of “Dryer Lint Art in Three Easy Steps.”
 
tickledkitty said:
MistressLynn, mine didn't count. Yours is #1 for Wine. Sorry for the confusion. :(
It counts. Stop wining!

(And yes, I know that's not how you spell "whining"!)
 
Wine 2 (or 3)

"I'm afraid I haven't matured very well" Alice said as her slip slid towards her feet, in turn, revealing a heavy bust, rounded belly and widening hips.

"You always were full-bodied." Paul whispered into her hair drinking in her aroma. ""and your bouquet is still tantalising."

Alice’s rosé complexion deepened to rioja as Paul laid his tongue across her shoulder to sip the sweetness there in the cleft of her clavicle.

Later, in that burgeoning night, and still sparkling from a crisp but lingering afterglow, Alice smiled into his eyes and breathed “Thankyou.”
 
glynndah said:
It counts. Stop wining!

(And yes, I know that's not how you spell "whining"!)


NO! Seriously, I was just messing around. Please don't count that.
 
Back
Top