Always curious if....

SactoRN

Experienced
The pictures posted that include a face or identifying tat or mark of some sort are posted with the person's permission. I am speaking mostly of the men who post their wife or gf's pictures. I am very discreet and have considered posting a few photos, nothing with identifying information. I worry about my pictures being reposted so haven't put anything up other than my avatar.

Do others worry about this? I would be devastated if a professional acquaintance or family member came across my pics or my "online Persona".

:cool:Maybe I am just overly cautious?

The pictures posted that include a face or identifying tat or mark of some sort are posted with the person's permission. I am speaking mostly of the men who post their wife or gf's pictures. I am very discreet and have considered posting a few photos, nothing with identifying information. I worry about my pictures being reposted so haven't put anything up other than my avatar.

Do others worry about this? I would be devastated if a professional acquaintance or family member came across my pics or my "online Persona".

It's happened many times.

If you are worried, a good rule is never take a photograph of yourself, you wouldn't want to see in tomorrow's newspaper. It's difficult to lead two lives. Sooner or later, one or the other wins.

Most of the people who post their pics on Lit would be happy if it showed up in the paper.

Maybe I am just overly cautious?

Absolutely. Drop trou. Now.

Seriously, most people here don't post pics of their wives or girlfriends, even pics that don't show their faces, unless they are also on the board. And doing that without permission is kind of a douchebag move, though I don't think it's technically against board rules.

If you have any concerns at all about professional or personal repercussions, it's best to err on the side of caution. Another option, of course, is just to flash your tits and leave your face out of the pictures entirely. Come to think of it, that would work very nicely.

I have permission to post a few of my wife's pictures, only those she has approved. Call me a wuss if you like, but she knows where I put the well-honed kitchen knives.

Most of the people who post their pics on Lit would be happy if it showed up in the paper.

I hadn't thought of that! Professionally it wouldn't look so hot. It's been said that nurses, cops, teachers and like type professionals often have a wild side. It seems to have some truth. Maybe it is because how we portray ourselves makes or breaks our credibility at work. I know there are many professions where credibility is important but it feels more critical when dealing with life and death or children.

Any time I post a pic, I assume someone is right clicking and reblogging it elsewhere. Ive seen users who had their pics stolen and used on other sites and Ive even found pics of myself reblogged elsewhere. Good rule of thumb is to never post anything you'd be ashamed to run across elsewhere.

Any time I post a pic, I assume someone is right clicking and reblogging it elsewhere. Ive seen users who had their pics stolen and used on other sites and Ive even found pics of myself reblogged elsewhere. Good rule of thumb is to never post anything you'd be ashamed to run across elsewhere.

One reason why my wife doesn't allow most of the pictures she's taken for me to be posted. We've had problems with nieces and mutual friends having their pictures reposted and used on paysites, without permission.

Absolutely. Drop trou. Now.

If you have any concerns at all about professional or personal repercussions, it's best to err on the side of caution. Another option, of course, is just to flash your tits and leave your face out of the pictures entirely. Come to think of it, that would work very nicely.

;). I'll consider it!

I think this is probably the best way to think about it. Assume it will get saved or reposted and never post anything I can't deal with that happening with.

That avatar is beautiful and u can be my RN anytime u wish sweety:kiss::kiss:

If you are worried, a good rule is never take a photograph of yourself, you wouldn't want to see in tomorrow's newspaper. It's difficult to lead two lives. Sooner or later, one or the other wins.

This is great advice and I would add "don't leave the house looking a way you would be embrassed to see yourself in the media" as soon as you walk out the door your on camera. Road intersections, parking lots, and every public building you enter. On the other hand...if your family judges you for who you are, you can always tell them to #$%& off. Their family its not like their goin anywhere

Back