Just one Line.

Ah yes, I see. A bit of a cock up.

PM Laurel - she is the site editor and the only person who will fix this. No other "contact" is of any use. I suggest you explain in your PM exactly how you want the stories titled and listed, and I'm sure she will fix it.

She's my contact. I wrote to her repeatedly and explained the problems in detail, but nothing worked. That's why I've given up on Lit.
It's too bad, lots of people like my stories and ask for more.
Ah, well, that's life, I guess. :)
 

The things you notice aren't things that the site personnel change. You appear to be fighting the database software they use. (If you use M$ Word, you probably know about dealing with software that has its own ideas about what you're trying to accomplish and is determined to "help" you accomplish what it's decided you want. Your phone's auto-corrupt facility is another example of "helpful" software.) It isn't very likely that they'll change that software after all these years. They made that decision a long time ago and, for the most part, it has served them reasonably well. However, it does lead to some bizarre things; check the submissions pages of a number of authors, and you'll find some strange groupings.

That software looks at the story titles and assigns titles that begin with similar phrases to a series. When a title repeats, but there's no number in it, the software appears (sometime but not always) to assign chapter and number serially, in conformance to what the author already has in the series.

You appear to be stuck with needing a uniform title if you want stories grouped as a series; that's the basis for putting things in a series. If you want a subtitle for individual chapters, you'll have to do something like "Series Title: Subtitle", using the same series title but changing the subtitle each time. The drawback is that it'll make it difficult for readers to sort out what order you intended the stories to come in. In fact, this appears to be a general problem with the naming methods you've suggested you prefer.

You could probably do "Series Title, Ch. xx: Subtitle", but I don't know how the software would handle that. If you try it, I recommend two digits for the chapter number: 01, 02, 03, etc. Doing so will avoid trouble with serialization if you get 10 or more chapters. If you start out with 1, 2, 3, ..., and then hit 10, some software puts item number 10 between items number 1 and 2. (The site itself didn't discover this problem until it had been up and running for a couple of years.)

Check my submissions page (below my signature) to see how I handled the titles of chapters in a lengthy series ("Charlie and Mindy").

An alternative is to use the description as a subtitle.

Probably best of all is to give up on subtitles.
 
The things you notice... Probably best of all is to give up on subtitles.

Thank you for your explanation.

I'm aware of the software and its idiosyncrasies. Early on, I asked Lauren about it and followed her instructions to the letter. I tried to ask for changes the way she told me to, but nothing ever worked.
I'm currently trying to work out how to convert my novels to epub so I can publish them elsewhere. It's too bad for me readers, but I don't know what else to do.

:heart:
 
Too bad we didn’t think to set up a video camera. I’d have loved to have a proof that I made love to my wife in a hot tub full of Jell-O.

:heart:
 
Early on, I asked Lauren about it and followed her instructions to the letter. I tried to ask for changes the way she told me to, but nothing ever worked

Things could work more consistently if you remember that her name is Laurel, not Lauren.
 
Manny turned to Claudia and asked, “What?” Claudia motioned, and when Manny’s eye’s adjusted to the moonlight, he saw wolves. Running seemed like it probably wouldn’t work, so they stood where they were.
 
By what little moonlight there was, I found, stumbled would be a more apt descriptor, a hollow under a fallen giant by the simple expedient of tripping on a protruding rock or root, I know not which, and rolling into it.




The former jester would have protested at being so named, but the... being looking at him exuded an air of ancient wisdom. A child he was to it indeed.
 
Before Amélie could do more than gasp at the bulge, Samantha pulled her thong down, freeing a fully erect circumcised penis from where it had been hidden between her legs.
 
“That’s right,” he said softly. “You think about your motivation.” He unrolled the poster and pressed it to Malory’s back. “And I’ll think about mine.”
 
Their children were freer, and for the kids Cassandra’s age, clothing was the exception rather than the rule as soon as weather permitted.
 
Sorry, Mistress, but I need to speak with you immediately.”

“What is it, Anthony?” She sighed. “Have you had a vision of me enjoying this evening and feel the need to ruin it with some dark omen?”
 
Obaktu, looked up at her and with a smile, slipped his tongue out at her. It was now forked, and holding her breasts together, he licked both her nipples at once.
 
There is no ‘dark of night’ in Sinner City. The neon lights of perversion reach the deepest shadows. The only way to be unobtrusive is to stay in plain sight.
 
Sorry I'm late, but I was kidnapped by a band of lesbian dwarfs and forced to satisfy their every perversion in a vat of lemon-lime jello.
 
“Please, don’t!” Elena laughed. “Old Mabel pulling her granny panties out of her ass crack is an image I can do without.”
 
Last edited:
Witches with an affinity for ever changing water looked older than their chronological age. Mabel Weatherhouse was one such. In her fifties, she had the appearance of a woman in her eighties. She had to use glamour on herself to get partners to satisfy her legendary sexual appetite.
 
By the end of the lunch hour, half the town knew about The Vision, and by supper time, the other half had joined the rumor mill.
 
One hour later, once the package had reached its destination and all the players had been identified, the snatch-and-grab teams sprang in action and the whole network was discreetly whisked away to a secret base of operation to be interrogated and then disposed of without the public knowing that another major terrorist attack had been averted.
 
Last edited:
Then there was the time when a bunch of eejits from nowhere came to be The Team. Our lot flattened ‘em six nil, and their so-called supporters went mental.
 
This operation had been a success as far as dismantling another infiltration team before they could use the military defense information their sleeper cell had managed to gather from a civilian employee whom they had turned, but at what cost?
 
At a snap of her fingers the air elementals undressed her sister slowly, sensuously, caressing her body as they did, guided by Diana’s hand gestures.
 
She was the President’s woman and if he wanted to share her with the members of the club, it was his right. He literally owned her after all and she knew she had to make sure he was well satisfied so she could go on enjoying the privileges his rank brought to her.
 
Back
Top