What's for dinner?

Lamb curry with coconut milk. :D

I took a trip to a neighbouring province where they had actual lambs recently. It was agonising to watch those lovely animals and wonder whether I was more interested in them, or how they might taste in a curry.

Reminds me of our holiday. In New Zealand looking in a souvenir shop and there's a stuffed kiwi. New Zealand's native bird and its protected, of course I ask my partner how do you eat kiwis and he starts laughing. Turns out he's reading a book on Chinese culture and the bit he just read goes "the first question a Chinese person asks on meeting anything new is to ask what it tastes like."

Go figure. Guess I'm more Chinese than I thought. And lambs? I just lick my lips.
 
Nigiri sushi (sake and maguro) tray from Kroger. Ickey-poo. But I was desperate. and a bottle of Choya Umeshu. The Umeshu made up for the bad nigiri.
 
Beef stew.

Every tempted to jump into a field full of lambs and shout "Mint Sauce" ?
 
Fresh Snowcrab and Crawfish Gumbo, Fried Shrimp, French Fries, Hushpuppies prepared by an honest to goodness cajun chef, and frozen Margaritas, ala me (whose secret recipe I'll never tell!) ;) Bon apple-tea!

Laissez le bon temps rouler! :nana:
 
Green garlic pesto on whole wheat penne and a huge tossed green salad with asparagus and parmesan cheese
 
Pasta with a mostly fresh sauce: olive oil, cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, red pepper and garlic, to which I added a rose wine, steamed artichoke, green olives and feta cheese. Dinner for one.
 
We only had frozen pizza and salad for dinner tonight but here's a dessert recipe I made recently that I had mentioned.

Chocolate Liqueur Cheesecake

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3. Soften 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese in the microwave on about 30% power for a minute.
4. Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
5. Beat in one egg, then 3 tablespoons sugar and ½ cup of sour cream.
6. Melt ¾ cups of chocolate chips in the microwave with 2 tablespoons of your favorite liqueur, such as Kahlua or Amaretto, on about 50% power for 1 minute then stir until melted. (You can also use a double boiler. Be sure to not overheat or the chocolate will harden and cannot be remelted.)
7. Mix the chocolate mixture into the cheesecake mixture.
8. Spoon the cheesecake into 4 to 5 separate ramekins and place in a larger cooking pan such as a roasting pan or a 9 X 13 cake pan. (I did 4 last time and it seemed like too much cheesecake for one person to me.)
9. Pour a half inch of boiling water into the larger pan, around the ramekins.
10. Place all into the oven for 60 minutes.
11. Remove and chill well before serving.
 
Jif on roasted garlic Triscuits.

When you have to shut down on an off ramp, emergency rations are all you got.
 
Italian bean soup with wild rice and homemade bread with garlic butter and fresh watermelon for dessert.
 
slave_ made a wonderful sauce with sweet Italian sausage over fettuccine noodles.

she's going to use the leftover sauce to slow cook with chicken breasts tomorrow - can't wait.
 
Chicken salad can be wonderful in its own right. This is one of my faves, with nuts and a touch of honey.

Sounds yummy! I do love chicken salad but sometimes it just seems so un-glamorous I guess.

Last night I made BBQ pork steaks, broccoli cheddar noodles(this was some packaged stuff) and cauliflower. I had a medium rare rib eye though. I am so damn anemic and I found some marked down rib eyes at the grocery on Friday so I grabbed them.

Tonight I think it's burgers & ???TBD I guess. I hope my kids are cooking since it's Mother's Day!
 
Today was hubby Will's first day back on red meat, but instead of the disgustingly half-raw, bloody steaks he's so fond of, I thought I'd better ease him back into it with a traditional English roast, so I made leg of Welsh lamb roasted in hay, marjoram, and Rosemary, with broccoli, glazed carrots, crispy roasted King Edward potatoes, and steamed red cabbage, with my own quince jelly and mint gravy, and an apple-plum cobbler with hot custard for dessert.
 
Back
Top