It's a Southern Thing

Loves me some good shine! Used to get it in Floyd county Virginia when I was in college over that way. And drinking it in the company of a lovely southern girl while cuddling with her by a fire makes it taste even better.

Nice memory, and nothing better then cuddling by the fire

Big Orange fan here..even thou I live in Georgia. And where are the hush puppies?The collard greens and fatback?Sweet potato pie.anyone?

I'm from south Jersey does that count. I like most of the prerequisites mentioned earlier in the thread . Especially fried chicken whiskey and Southern women. And I to can't stand most new yorkers

G.R.I.T.S (girls raised in the south)

Being a definite Southern girl, reading the list of food and shine and bon fires make me a little homesick. Nothing beats a good Southern meal shared with family and friends in the backyard. Good food as every recipe starts with "take a little bacon grease" and everything is better with cornbread.

I am craving a pot of okra soup - comfort food.

And yes, we say "bless your heart" - has so many meanings.

Y'all be good and don't cause no drama.

Morning Y'all

Of course Florida is a Southern State - it's just that we don't have that many "Southerners" here. Between the snowbirds - which we love - and the tourists and the military people who retired here - we have a variety of cultures and originally from folks. I am originally from SC and came to Fl by way of the ex in the military and decided to stay after the divorce. Hmmmm must have been the hurricanes or the love bugs.

Speaking of Southern stuff - anybody ever been to Frogmore? Lol.... I love that name. And I saw a guy wearing a T shirt recently that said "where the hell is Ladson?" Lol.... I knew

Fly-fished, freshly caught, farm-pond bream, fried up with some hush puppies and slaw....

Now THAT'S a good day in the south :)

Morning Y'all

Of course Florida is a Southern State - it's just that we don't have that many "Southerners" here. Between the snowbirds - which we love - and the tourists and the military people who retired here - we have a variety of cultures and originally from folks. I am originally from SC and came to Fl by way of the ex in the military and decided to stay after the divorce. Hmmmm must have been the hurricanes or the love bugs.

Speaking of Southern stuff - anybody ever been to Frogmore? Lol.... I love that name. And I saw a guy wearing a T shirt recently that said "where the hell is Ladson?" Lol.... I knew

I sent you a yahoo IM

Morning Y'all

Last edited:
southern in FL

I was born and raised in FL and I'm as southern as it gets. The good thing about snow birds is they always leave.

Back