a companion to 30 in 30

Tzara said:
This one was rather outside of your usual style, TRM, but I'm pleased to see that you are stretching your aesthetic. This poem seems somehow grittier, more open to exposing the poet's faults, inadequacies, and self-doubt than much of your work, and it speaks directly to those of us amazed and confused by modern technology. A very naked and heartfelt poem.

Who among us indeed has not lost a document in some self-created maze of Windows folders layered like a snail's trail slimily appended to that so cozily and falsely named entity "My Documents?" One twists here, twists there, and nothing ever seems to come of it. "Where's the damn file?" we shout, but do we ever find it?

Well, I don't. And I work in the effing computer industry.

A brave poem, sir. One that is spare, but clean and to the point.

Kudos. ;)

:D

admit it . . . you do stand-up.

if you don't, you should.

you're A-#1, Seattle.

TheRainMan said:
:D

admit it . . . you do stand-up.

if you don't, you should.

you're A-#1, Seattle.

i was thinking... there's your Review Thread, Reviewer, Rainman. ;)

BluePoet said:
1-15
Writing this poem
is the same as kissing
lips I'm not inspired by,

but she was wearing peppermint
lip gloss that would've tasted mintier
if I had really wanted her.

hang in there. you're half way there and doing good. :)

:rose:

wildsweetone said:
hang in there. you're half way there and doing good. :)

Oh, encouragement. I'm all atwitter. Come burrow with me. eeeeekkk chee chee chee

BluePoet said:
30/30 has me writing again but I'm not producing anything worthy. Not like that freak, RainMan.

it's great to see you writing.

and i think you're doing just fine and dandy, from down there in Buena Whatever. :)

i wish you'd change that AV, though. it freaks me the hell out.

put up a fuckin' breast, or something.

TheRainMan said:
it's great to see you writing.

and i think you're doing just fine and dandy, from down there in Buena Whatever. :)

i wish you'd change that AV, though. it freaks me the hell out.

put up a fuckin' breast, or something.

Personally, I think a NAKED mole rat is far more tantalizing than a breast. Don't you agree, huh?

Thanks neo for that diabolical 30/30 or I wouldn't be writing a damn thing.

Pat, you're a freak. A sexy, brilliant one.

If you keep writing for the 30 in 30 challenge, Mr C. you'll have enough poetry to complete a manuscript not just a chapbook or 20 ;). Thanks so much for sharing your poetry. We'd be just another rhyming stroke board if you and a number of other fantastics weren't giving us your poems to read.

Congratulations to you TheRainMan.

WickedEve said:
Personally, I think a NAKED mole rat is far more tantalizing than a breast. Don't you agree, huh?

Thanks neo for that diabolical 30/30 or I wouldn't be writing a damn thing.

Pat, you're a freak. A sexy, brilliant one.

let me see the breast first, before i decide. :)

yes, neo had a stroke of genius with this thread, he did.

a sexy, brilliant freak? . . .

sorta like a character from "Alien?" . . . with 8 arms, 2 heads and huge set of genitals, ya mean?

champagne1982 said:
If you keep writing for the 30 in 30 challenge, Mr C. you'll have enough poetry to complete a manuscript not just a chapbook or 20 ;). Thanks so much for sharing your poetry. We'd be just another rhyming stroke board if you and a number of other fantastics weren't giving us your poems to read.

Congratulations to you TheRainMan.

thanks, Carrie. :)

TheRainMan said:
sorta like a character from "Alien?" . . . with 8 arms, 2 heads and huge set of genitals, ya mean?
Oooh, send a photo.

WickedEve said:
Oooh, send a photo.
He could just put one up as his AV.

p.s. What's he gonna do with 2 heads? 2 sets of huge genitalia may be of more immediate use instead.

champagne1982 said:
He could just put one up as his AV.

p.s. What's he gonna do with 2 heads? 2 sets of huge genitalia may be of more immediate use instead.

i would put an AV up,

but i can't find anyone who isn't scared shitless, to take the picture.

TheRainMan said:
8-30

La Paz
Congratulations on yet another swell 30/30, Mr. Man, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by this last one. Surely it should be a double poem? Where's Sucre?

Oh, yeah. English--not Social Studies. I forget. :)

Tzara said:
Congratulations on yet another swell 30/30, Mr. Man, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by this last one. Surely it should be a double poem? Where's Sucre?

Oh, yeah. English--not Social Studies. I forget. :)

:)

not La Paz, La Paz

thanks, Mr. West Coast

TheRainMan said:
:)

not La Paz, La Paz

thanks, Mr. West Coast
That's Mr. Northern West Coast to you, mister. ;)

Hey. Psych major. What do I know about geography? I know where Yachats is, anyway. Pretty sure it's in Oregon. Kinda, uh, there.

Glad you cleared that La Paz thing up. It 'splains that line "I see you here in the blue sea and day" anyway.
:rolleyes:

As I was scrolling up the 30 in 30 thread, to read the poemies I missed yesterday, my heart leapt in empathetic dismay when I didn't see a daily post from one of the regulars.

It leapt again once I realized I'd missed the poem in my haste.

I need to stop doing this to my poor, scarred, cardiac muscle. Don't fail me now poets! Keep on pressing on to the finish. You're all wonderful!

Maybe I should give this a try.

They don't have to be all good, or all be good, do they? Despite my repeated under-achievements, I still strive to lower the bar for other's expectations of me.

ruminator said:
Maybe I should give this a try.

They don't have to be all good, or all be good, do they? Despite my repeated under-achievements, I still strive to lower the bar for other's expectations of me.

okay, it's Good Friday and i'm not here but i just wanted to say... jump on in ruminator. the more the merrier. :)

wildsweetone said:
okay, it's Good Friday and i'm not here but i just wanted to say... jump on in ruminator. the more the merrier. :)

It's still Thursday here so you're safe.

Thanks and I'm sure I will (30 - 30)

Had to jump in here and make mention and shout outtttt :

There is some awesome poetry going on in this thread ~!!!

So keep'm coming ;) :D I'm loving the all the versatility that brings new meaning to writing here these days. Lovin it !!!

:rose: :rose:

glad you're around RF - hope you're doing okay :)

welcome aboard Carrie! so nice to see you joining in! *hugs* :rose:

Back