Crafty Litsters show your work!

a few of my creations...

lost alot on my others..

I do alot of braiding & make collars out of leathers.

Attachments

• shaunys cuffs edited.jpg
    shaunys cuffs edited.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 146
  • new off camera 120 cropped.jpg
    new off camera 120 cropped.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Donas wristband cropped.jpg
    Donas wristband cropped.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 119
a few of my creations...

lost alot on my others..

I do alot of braiding & make collars out of leathers.
WOW!! Those are great! Never learned to make anything like that for Leather Working merit badge.

Post some of your stuff, bro. Geek solidarity.

Thanks. I'm 99% commission these days, but I do occasionally mess around with stuff for myself.

dwarfcannoncrew.jpg

These are some dwarfs (yes, I know, I hate that spelling too) that I did on a lark. All of them are speed painted. (These guys are right about an inch tall.)

This is a Mordheim priest that I did as a study on source-object lighting. I wanted to get the colouration from the yellow-orange light of the torch on his face and clothes, and lightened up the armour where the light would touch it. Not speed-painted.

An Empire wizard I did a year or so ago

A marine commander I did for one of my kids.

Here's a serious kit-bash I did somewhat recently, speed-painted. I decided that I liked the Penitent Engine from the Witch Hunters line, but that I wanted a more impressive model. I really wanted the pilot to look truly wretched. I had a lot of dark fun with this model, and there are a lot of little details on it that make me happy.

And for those who wonder at all this fantasy and sci-fi stuff, here's a small squad of WWII British Royal Marines that I did just because I liked the minis.

ok, thats some great work Homburg

now I am gonna make you jealous

Here in Dallas I am about 30 minutes away from Reaper Miniatures studios (well, CM is too but she is resisting drinking the RPG kool-aid)

did a service call out there about 9 years ago, & got a factory tour of their old location in Lewisville

very very cool how they make the miniatures

next time I have a chance I'm going to check out the store in Denton.

(edit: just looked at the map & their new location is pretty much literally 3 miles from where I grew up. me & the grub are going there one day on vacation!!)

Last edited:
ok, thats some great work Homburg

now I am gonna make you jealous

Here in Dallas I am about 30 minutes away from Reaper Miniatures studios (well, CM is too but she is resisting drinking the RPG kool-aid)

did a service call out there about 9 years ago, & got a factory tour of their old location in Lewisville

very very cool how they make the miniatures

next time I have a chance I'm going to check out the store in Denton.

(edit: just looked at the map & their new location is pretty much literally 3 miles from where I grew up. me & the grub are going there one day on vacation!!)

I've got some Reaper stuff. I like their work. For pure RPG stuff, they beat the snot out of GW. GW's line is a bit too specific. The Mordheim minis were fantastic for RPG use, but they're stupidly expensive now that they're not getting active support as a line.

I'm going to dig around and find some of my old mini's and see if I can post them. your much better than I ever was, but i have one or two I am proud of

I'm going to dig around and find some of my old mini's and see if I can post them. your much better than I ever was, but i have one or two I am proud of

I've been painting off and on for about twenty years now. I'd hope that I could show some ability in that length of time. Honestly though, I'm pretty mediocre by my own standards. I know current contest winning painters, and I can't hold a candle to them.

I've been painting off and on for about twenty years now. I'd hope that I could show some ability in that length of time. Honestly though, I'm pretty mediocre by my own standards. I know current contest winning painters, and I can't hold a candle to them.
And of course your standards are completely unbiased... :rolleyes:

[hijack]My twisted mind took your last phrase and immediately conjured up the pic of you dripping hot wax onto writhing folks with tiny paint brushes in their hands.... :D [/hijack]

I purchased some paints and canvases about half a year ago.

still not muse.

someone muse me.

And of course your standards are completely unbiased... :rolleyes:

[hijack]My twisted mind took your last phrase and immediately conjured up the pic of you dripping hot wax onto writhing folks with tiny paint brushes in their hands.... :D [/hijack]

Actually, yeah. My standards are unbiased. I've seen some of the best the world has to offer, and rank beginners that I was teaching how to paint. I am definitely unbiased if my spectrum includes both ends. Compared to those ends, I am mediocre. The curve is bell-shaped much like most. Okay, I'm better than trust mediocre, but that is because the population of poor painters in the hobby far exceeds even those of moderate skill. So when I am saying "mediocre", I am talking about mediocre in the spectrum of those who have some skill and experience.

--

I purchased some paints and canvases about half a year ago.

still not muse.

someone muse me.

For that sort of activity, I have to be in a very specific sort of emotional space. That's dead tough for me to get into, so I sympathise with you.

Did someone say Warhammer??

redperiod0.jpg

orknob1.jpg

warjack.jpg

damsel1.jpg

doom1.jpg

darkelftwo1.jpg

ultramarine1.jpg

harl1.jpg

mekboss12a.jpg

P.S. Yes they're all mine, yes I am a shameless and disgraceful show off, sorry.

Did someone say Warhammer??

P.S. Yes they're all mine, yes I am a shameless and disgraceful show off, sorry.

Beautiful work!

And this, friends, is what I mean when I call myself mediocre. This is good stuff.

And Shalrath, I've seen more than a few of those minis before. I think we might occasionally tread the same trods in other areas. Kudos for beautiful work.

This is my latest commitioned piece. A todler 2 piece costume.

sorry it's sideways, it was too big the other way and much small you loose too much detail. :(

Attachments

• 100_0568.JPG
    100_0568.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 100
This is my latest commitioned piece. A todler 2 piece costume.

sorry it's sideways, it was too big the other way and much small you loose too much detail. :(
An exact quote form my first view of it.... "Oh wow!!" Said that loud enough to wake up my hedgehog sleeping on the other side of the room. :rolleyes::D

Once more, into the breach.

This clock is based on a design made by Thomas Moser, from his book How to Make Shaker Furniture. This was my first woodworking book. The nutcracker behind the bottom door takes up space where there ought to be a pendulum. Except that I modified the case dimensions to suit a battery-powered movement and none of them worked well enough. Thus, no pendulum.

All cherry.

wall-clock-medium.jpg

LOVE! It's beautiful. Is there actually room inside if you decide to put the clockworks in? (note: rosco pointed me to this thread - i hope i'm not showing up too late. bump bump BUMP)

OK, I'm really taking a gamble here, so get 'em while they're hot. I'm sorry, but they won't be here long.

POOF! Sorry. I don't want to out myself. Maybe I'll put it back for a while, later tonight or tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Wow DVS! Are you the one singing? Or are you playing an instrument?

Wow DVS! Are you the one singing? Or are you playing an instrument?
That depends on which song you are talking about.

The first song, Perfection Odyssey, I'm singing lead vocal. The drummer is singing the first background vocal and I'm singing the second. I'm also playing keyboards in all of the songs, which would be any tonal instrument you hear, other than bass guitar (piano, synth, strings, etc.). It's all done on keyboard.

Everything is the same on The Siren, except the drummer is singing lead and I'm singing background vocal.

I wrote Perfection Odyssey and Loosing it on a Chicken Dressing, and the music for The Siren. The drummer wrote the lyrics for The Siren.

This is the drummer's myspace. I wish he hadn't put that version of Loosing it...up, because it's an old version. But, a newer version will be there, in time, as well as more songs.

The drummer is such a perfectionist, he slows things down. Sure, it's good he's picky, but you can be too picky. We record in my house. I have a room double insulated in my house with recording software, mics, drums, etc. sitting about. I've been playing keyboards for about 40 years. I've been a recording buff for about 30 years.

That depends on which song you are talking about.

The first song, Perfection Odyssey, I'm singing lead vocal. The drummer is singing the first background vocal and I'm singing the second. I'm also playing keyboards in all of the songs, which would be any tonal instrument you hear, other than bass guitar (piano, synth, strings, etc.). It's all done on keyboard.

Everything is the same on The Siren, except the drummer is singing lead and I'm singing background vocal.

I wrote Perfection Odyssey and Loosing it on a Chicken Dressing, and the music for The Siren. The drummer wrote the lyrics for The Siren.

This is the drummer's myspace. I wish he hadn't put that version of Loosing it...up, because it's an old version. But, a newer version will be there, in time, as well as more songs.

The drummer is such a perfectionist, he slows things down. Sure, it's good he's picky, but you can be too picky. We record in my house. I have a room double insulated in my house with recording software, mics, drums, etc. sitting about. I've been playing keyboards for about 40 years. I've been a recording buff for about 30 years.

Wow that's great! You sound amazing.

Wow that's great! You sound amazing.
Thanks. I appreciate you saying that. It's all smoke and mirrors, really.

God, the more I listen to Loosing it on a Chicken Dressing, I wish that version wasn't there. By the way, just to show how old I am...I wrote that song in 1972.:eek:

Thanks. I appreciate you saying that. It's all smoke and mirrors, really.

God, the more I listen to Loosing it on a Chicken Dressing, I wish that version wasn't there. By the way, just to show how old I am...I wrote that song in 1972.:eek:
Smoke and mirrors still has a way of wowing the masses. Great stuff DVS!!! Honestly!

And the fact that you wish that version of Loosing It On Chicken Dressing wasn't there is funny, because I absolutely loved it! The first part of the song (heavy on the keyboard, showing off your 40 years of keyboard experience) when it transitioned into the rest of the song (at about 59 seconds or the 1 minute mark) was great! And I especially loved how at the end it returned to those flourishy keyboard riffs to end the song. If this is what you consider the "bad" early version of this song, the newer one must be phenomenal, because I thought it was great.

You've got such a gem of a talent!

Back