Anagram/Rhyming Couplets Poems

3. . My dog is the master of all he surveys,
especially the God of settees and chaise.
I think I remember that Annie is particularly fond of dogs--she is English, of course--so that is why my guess is that she wrote this one.

I think I remember that Annie is particularly fond of dogs--she is English, of course--so that is why my guess is that she wrote this one.

I think Annie wrote 8 too because of the "wellies'......so Brrrritish!

Well done on the Scrap Book challenge. TWO! Show off. :heart:

8. When you are out in the direst of weather,
stride out in wellies rather than leather.
This one is by someone with an English (country rather than language) background, I think. "Wellies" is an English term--Americans would more likely simply call them "boots" or "rain boots" or something like that. So the likely author is English, or of English heritage.

Which means either Annie or GP (though I don't know always_curious's heritage, which complicates things).

I'll flip a coin and guess Tess.

I think Annie wrote 8 too because of the "wellies'......so Brrrritish!

Well done on the Scrap Book challenge. TWO! Show off. :heart:
I meant on that last post to say Annie, of course. Obviously not you. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Your Scrapbook poems are coming along nicely, Ms. Pleasure.

This one is by someone with an English (country rather than language) background, I think. "Wellies" is an English term--Americans would more likely simply call them "boots" or "rain boots" or something like that. So the likely author is English, or of English heritage.

What about "Gum boots" or is that Canuck only

Back