If Earth Should Die Before I Wake

Rivers hesitated before shaking Ulrich’s hand “Thank you. I hope we can put the past behind and if this is to be our permanent home we can live and eventually work together in peace. But until it becomes impossible for us to leave this planet you will understand my priority, after ensuring the safety of my crew is to try to reach Terra Beta.”

While Rivers was waiting for transport and a possible change of clothes she asked if she could communicate with her ship. Being given the privacy of Ulrich’s room she radioed through and again communicated with Crixus Prime. “Please tell Engineer Green that I am now satisfied Sister Mary will be safe and I’m returning to base. Also can you inform him another ship crashed here some time ago and we have been given permission to use any useable parts and offered the co-operation of the colony’s engineers. Rivers Out.”

On Ulrich’s desk she saw several files and computer reports which she was tempted to investigate. Promptly she dismissed the temptation reminding herself that she was convent educated girl and the captain of a stars ship and such underhand actions would be unbecoming. Stepping out into the sunlight to wait with Ulrich and Mary she had a thought. “If we are confined here we can exchange information on some the diseases that we both suffer from. And even if we can leave here if you give us a list of the diseases here that you find incurable I’ll get our scientists to run them through our computers to see if we can help.”

Looking at Mary Grace she said with a wink “You better behave yourself!” Both girls laughed and even Ulrich seemed to share the joke. All Rivers needed now was transport. A change of clothes would be a bonus.
 
On the way to her little house Shade thought she'd forgotten something important. Something to do with a pretty redhead... But it slipped her mind when Hewitt started helping her onto the couch. She smiled and layed down on the comfy thing happily.

"I think I have some workers clothes and dress clothes in the closet over there." She said, pointing out the closet and oggling Hewitts body as she did. Realizing this was her chance to get in bed with her she tried to think up a plan with her hungover mind.
 
Ulrich was glad that Rivers had begun to repair the damage created by the kidnapping of Mary. But instead of her being quarantined to the ship, this beautiful woman was going to be spending a few days in his home.

He wouldn't be able to stay mad at Shades for this mistake. It seemed that they would both be benefiting from the kidnapping of Sister Mary. Ulrich was looking forward to having a conversation with someone whose thoughts weren't bombarding his mind the whole time.

They stepped outside in an enclosed backyard and waited for someone to arrive to transport the Captain back to her crew. He laughed at her joke. "So how long has it been since you've felt the rays of a sun on your skin?"

Deputy Sky arrived and he told him to stop by Shades house to pick up some clothes for Captain Rivers and for Mary. " You are welcome to come back and visit with Mary any time. If you need anything at all, please ring me on this." He handed her a private communicator.

After they left he turned to Mary, "Would you like to stay out here and enjoy the sun while I prepared you some food? I can let you wear one of my shirts until your clothes arrive if you want to get out of that hot suit..."
 
Ray had been busy setting up the camp. He had gotten the camp stoves and grill set up first and a few tables and all the cookware down. Then stacking the food neatly on it he began to sort things out. A few of the less dazed survivors had begun to move over to help him and even some of the townsfolk. When they saw what he had and what he was doing one kindly old lady from the town and one of the mess hall workers that knew him gently eased him out of the way. "Don't worry about this stuff Ray. You did good bringing it but let the experts handle it", she teased him good naturedly. He just smiled and nodded watching as more people flocked to help and the two people quickly took charge of the makeshift kitchen.

Walking towards the truck, he saw that others had begun to unload the beds and set them up under the tent. He found Sanne in charge and smiled. Walking over he grabbed three beds and walked to the end of the line. The were being set up like a big dormitory. Maybe not the flashiest of rooms but everyone should have a bed to sleep in tonight. He quickly set his three up and went back for more. He noticed a few of the townspeople feeling the blankets and he walked over to them.

"Hi my names Ray Green but just call me Ray. Is there something wrong with our blankets. I notice you all seem sort of well I guess taken with them," he asked making sure he hadn't broken any cultural sort of law by bringing them out.
An older lady, Well if you would call 27 older but considering most of them ranged from 19 to 24 gathered her courage and spoke to him. "These blankets, What are they made from? They are so soft," she said with a sort of awe in her voice.
Ray looked at the cotton sheets and then at the ladies leather and wool clothes. They also had another product in them he could not recognize but it did not look as soft cotton. It looked like he had just found something worth trading. In fact if he could keep the ships small recycling replicator going he might have a new industry for himself.
"Ladies that is cotton and later on if we are still here I believe we may be able to talk a little business."
All of their eyes lit up and they rushed off. Ray was sure by the end of the day every woman in town would be wanting a cotton blanket on their bed.

He got back to setting up the tent and then received the message from Crixius about the Captain. He assumed seeing as how she couldn't reach him before she had gone to him again. Well with the flatbed unloaded and everything set up he could pick her up.

"Captain this is Engineer Green. I am at the rendezvous site which we have turned into a camp site for the crew. If you wish I can pick you up and bring you here or return you to the ship."
 
Ulrich turned to Rivers "You are welcome to come back and visit with Mary any time. If you need anything at all, please ring me on this." He handed her a private communicator.

Rivers received the communicator but had to make one thing clear. “With respect Mayor Ulrich I hope Sister Mary Grace is able to assist you in any way she can during the brief time she spends with you. However I would ask you to remember that she is a Star Ship Officer with responsibilities which might require her return to us at any time. She is under orders and knows what is expected of her.” Turning to her colleague she added “We are loaning you short term. I shall communicate with you daily and if you at any time feel you need us I or Engineer Green will be with you immediately.” Both women saluted as a messenger arrived with a change of clothes.

Always more at home in fatigues Rivers was pleased to don the work overalls but declined the offer to leave her uniform for cleaning preferring to take them with her.

Her communicator buzzed and Ray’s voice sounded “Captain this is Engineer Green. I am at the rendezvous site which we have turned into a camp site for the crew. If you wish I can pick you up and bring you here or return you to the ship

Rivers smiled at Ulrich when she saw a knowing look in his eyes as he realised Green was River’s, as he called him ‘lover’. “Thank you for the offer of transport” she said politely “My second in command” she didn’t mention his name but everyone knew what they meant to each other “is coming to collect me.” Raising the communicator to her mouth she said “Engineer” she didn’t mention his name again “I would be grateful if you would collect me and return me to the ship. Rivers Out.”
 
Ray waited for the Captains reply and he soon got it. “I would be grateful if you would collect me and return me to the ship. Rivers Out.”

Ray sought out Sanne again and explained the situation. "I have to go pick up the Captain from the Mayors office. Then I am driving her back to the ship and will need to wait for further orders. You are in charge of the camp until the Captain gets here. See you when I get back, oh and try to get some rest yourself. You are looking a little run down," he smiled at her.

He jumped in the truck and drove over to the town. He looked for the Mayors house and saw a tavern and a larger house next to what looked like the local jailhouse. Alex was standing outside waiting for him. He didn't see Sister Mary so she must still be inside. Pulling up beside her he got out and opened her door for her saluting her.

"Engineer Green reporting for transport duty Captain." His words may have been militaristic but his eyes gleamed with mischief. "I will have you back to the ship in no time Ma'am." He helped her in the rushed back to the drivers seat and took off for the ship again.
 
[NPC – Sanne was a little surprised to be left in charge even if it was for a short time and even if it was just for the camp area. But she always sought to make a good impression and was not going to belittle herself by showing she was stressed. When Ray said she looked a little run down she tried perking herself up but knew he was right but there was nothing a good sleep wouldn’t rectify. “Yes Sir” she saluted and watched the engineer drive away.]

Rivers wasn’t in the mood for teasing and when Ray arrived with that naughty schoolboy look in his eyes and said with military vigour “Engineer Green reporting for transport duty Captain” she hoped he wasn’t expecting ‘extras’ not for a while anyway. Rivers thanked Ulrich for his assistance and when Ray said “I will have you back to the ship in no time Ma'am.” She allowed him to help her into the vehicle clutching the bag she had been given for her dirty uniform.

On the way back Rivers told Green everything that had happened including that Ulrich knew of their relationship. “I told him we are not lovers but colleagues with benefits” she said with a smile. Back at the ship some of the crew were surprised to see her in overalls but no one said anything. Ray gave her a full report and she congratulated him on his work. “I want us to examine the wreckage of the other craft as soon as possible to see if there is any chance of us getting off this planet.”

As she spoke there was a commotion outside and she and Ray went to see what was causing it. Dusk was falling and many crew members and colonists were looking up at the sky where huge fireballs were crashing through the atmosphere before burning up in the atmosphere. “They are the asteroids we were warned about” she said solemnly “the planet’s atmosphere has burned them up and made them harmless. But if we were still in orbit we wouldn’t have stood a chance. We owe our lives to the Tamascan Council, Felva and Sister Mary Grace.”

As night fell the captain made her way out to the camp, thanked Sanne for her help checked all the systems. Never one to ask anyone to do anything she wouldn’t do herself she said “Everyone try to get some sleep. I’ll take the first watch.” Some of the crew including Sanne tried to object but she said “If we are going to survive we must pull together and accept we’re all in it together. So sleep everyone. We have a busy day tomorrow.”
 
Mary was entranced by the blue of the sky and the warm sun along her skin shimmer...and feel self conscious. "I'll wait for proper clothing, Thanks. I don't get too warm or cold. My new overskin adjusts to temperature fluctuation fairly well." She explained, enjoying watching the sunset as he headed inside to prepare food.

Normally she'd offer to help, but it had been years since she'd seen sky and Earth was only this lush green and gorgeous blue in pictures and old films. This was... perfect! "Ulrich, look!" she called out, pointing to the fireballs in the sky, using his first name accidentally in her excitement.

As they burned in the atmosphere she sighed and whispered, "Wow!"
 
Last edited:
Hewitt found what Shade had described and packed the clothes into a stockpiled blanket, tied the clothes in there, like a bundle, and set it on the chair beside the front door.

She felt like the past twenty-four hours had made her sweaty and disheveled. "Shade, mind if I use your bathtub and wash up?" she asked, adding, "Or...wanna wash me up?" DEFINITELY flirting, now.
 
"YES!" Shade yelped, jumping to her feet, her hangover gone completely.

"I mean...uhh...yeah sure I can...yunno if you want. I err...Its umm..." she failed to recover and stood there awkwardly, hoping she hadn't just ruined her chances.

"Smooothh..." she hissed out quietly.
 
Hewitt giggled at the outburst. "Um, OK...it looks big enough for us both to fit into." She noted, taking a look inside the bathroom of Shade's little house. "You can join me, we can wash each other." She offered. It wasn't like she did this sort of thing every day, she just approached life with a, 'why not give it a try?' sort of attitude.

She turned to face Shade and began undressing, humming to herself as she did so. She didn't mind the eyes watching her hungrily. That, she was used to. It only bothered her if it was someone she didn't like, outside of working hours. Men had been hitting on her and watching her with that look since way before she'd even known what it meant but even then it had rarely ever bothered her. But, she liked Shade. She'd always found her cute. Discovering last night that Shade seemed to prefer girls to boys, at least...Shade seemed to prefer Hewitt...that made Hewitt like her even more. She just wished Shade had felt she could trust her and not lie to her. But, given Ulrich and his sly, controlling nature, Hewitt kind of understood.

Once she was standing there naked she let the water begin to fill the tub and began to help Shade undress, enjoying every new discovery along the way.
 
Last edited:
Shade felt her heart race and nearly explode as she watched Hewitt slowly undress. This was way better than the lapdance. She grinned sheepishly as images if all the naughty things she wanted to do with this woman sunk in. When Hewitt leaned over to turn on the tap Shade hastily put her hand on a nearby side table to hold herself steady.

"Thank the gods." She mumbled as Hewitt turned to face her abd she got to see everything slowly walk toward her. She was not a religious woman but she was willinv to believe in gods sending her a gift at this moment.

At first she helped Hewitt get herself undressed. The body armour cane off after her jacket. After that Shade let Hewitt do the rest. Her tank top came off over her head to show no bra. Shade felt there was no need for one with her tiny breasts. Her left side had a few burn scars but otherwise flawless gorgeous skin. Shade bit her lip as Hewitt unbuttoned her jeans and the slid off to the ground. Shades cheeks flushed red and wished she'd had time to shave down there. It was very thick. Hopefully that would be taken care of soon.
 
Hewitt took in the full sight of Shade. "Not so tough without covering...You're pretty, in an understated...natural sort of way..." She moved toward the tub, "I think it's ready." She said, taking Shade by the hand and climbing into the tub.
 
Last edited:
Shade was not sure if that was an insult or a compliment. Both likely... Then she realized she didn't care. She was being led by the hand to a bath tub with another woman wher they would be "washing" each other. She felt herself getting hot between the legs and pulled herself close to Hewitt when they reached the edge of the tub. She was not sure where to go from here. Should she dump Hewitt in the tub? Fondle her? Forget the tub entirely and get to it? Or be the submissive one and let Hewitt lead.

Since her mind was frying itself making a decision she ended up being the sub here. Hewitt was gonna have to lead her since she did not know what she was doing or how far to go.
 
Last edited:
Hewitt moved Shade to sit against the curve of the tub and then got inside, herself, resting against her. Leaning back with a sigh, she felt the pert little breasts with their hardened nipples against her back, and she laid her head on the crook between petite shoulder and neck, looking up at Shade as she knew Shade was enjoying the view from over Hewitt's shoulder and downward.

"I'm not sure how you feel about my hairlessness. It's not by choice but necessary for work...although, I've gotten used to it...Please, don't take offense when I ask what you prefer, it's just...you're on the hairier side of the spectrum, I don't mind as I'm sure you're hygienic... I have only been with a woman once before, though, and she was hairless. But, I've known a few hairy guys in my day and had no problems so...I..don't know... I just thought you should know I don't have all the answers."

The crack in her facade of confidence showed a bit. She hoped Shade didn't mind.
 
Shade put her arms around Hewitt and pushed her chest into her back. She sighed happily as their skin touched and the warm water washed over her legs. She could sit there forever. She smiled a little at the questioning.

"Normally I would be shaven but honest I was not expecting to have anyone to show my body so i sorta just let it grew. But I love well shaven skin, in men and women. Not to say a little bush isn't nice. It tickles sometimes and I like that. As for overall experience I have enjoyed many beddings with a woman so I might show you a thing or two... If I can remember them. GGos is been do long since I've felt sift skin." She said, slowly rubbing her hands over Hewitts stomach.
 
Last edited:
Hewitt sighed once more and turned in Shade's embrace, her c cup breasts two soft mounds squished against Shade's small titties, kneeling between her legs, bush hair tickling Hewitt's thighs as she got nose to nose with her and their eyes locked."Teach me, then, Officer." she whispered flirtatiously.
 
Shade grinned.

"Well then. Let's start with the basics. " She said and pressed her lips onto hers a hand going to her ass and the other the centre of her back. Her tongue awaited an opening to get in her mouth and wrestle with Hewitts.
 
The kiss was soft and Hewitt responded with ease. She enjoyed Shades and her tongue massaged hers with enthusiasm and patient sensuality.
 
Ray was still up and he approached Alex several hours later. "Captain you need to get some sleep. There is a cot here or you can take the truck back to the ship and sleep in your quarters. I will take over the watch and the ships computer still has the ship and this camp and the surrounding area under full surveillance. Tomorrow I will fix more of the exterior camera's before I go to examine this other ship so we have a better perimeter. Remember Captain, I am designed to only need 3 hours of sleep," he smiled. "I think that may come in handy over the next few weeks. Please also remember I can go several days without a break if you keep me hydrated and if you feed me and hydrate me I can stretch it to a week."

He looked at Alex as she walked off."Captain you said that this Mayor of theirs can read minds and let slip that he can change peoples minds as well," Ray began hesitantly. "I am not sure Ma'am but he may have a hard time with me. Most of my thoughts are my own yes, but if he tries to go deeper he will probably hit the programming and that is protected like a computer.. It would be the same if he tried to change my mind ma'am it would be like trying to reprogram me without the password. I am not sure what will happen, but he has shown that he is happy to do it casually."

Ray looked around but everyone was sleeping. He walked over and pulled Alex into a hug and gently kissed her. "Who knows what may happen if this Mayor uses his powers Alex so I just want you to know that you are an amazing person and I cherished every moment we had or have together." He smiled then shooed her away. "Now go get some sleep so you can help us all survive."
 
Rivers was feeling very tired and when Ray offered to take the watch she didn’t put up much resistance. When he started theorising about the mayor she was concerned but knew if it came to a struggle they would win in the end. But she hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

Then he praised her, saying he valued their relationship both professional and personal. “You are quite remarkable yourself too” she responded. But when Ray told her to get some sleep she nodded “I think I’ll go back to the ship. But you must inform me immediately of any changes.” They exchanged salutes and Rivers made her way back to the ship, checked the Crixus robots and the main frame and entered her quarters.

The sheets on her bed were still stained with proof of her activities with Ray and her clothes were scattered on the floor. She took a shower, and laid on the bed naked filling her mind with memories of her two love sessions. Drifting off to sleep she soon was dreaming she was back on earth with her parents.
 
Ulrich prepared a meal of fresh vegetables and rice with chicken on the side, since he wasn't sure if Mary was a vegetarian. He was setting up a small table when she noticed the meteor showers beginning.

He liked the way his name flowed off her tongue. And looked up to where she was pointing. "There certainly are a lot of them. How long has it been since you've seen a meteor burning up in the atmosphere? They're a lot less dangerous down here. I'm glad you're here, Mary."

H pulled the chair out for her and bowed just a little. He took his seat and grabbed the wine bottle. "May I offer you a glass? It has been such a long time since I have said this to someone, but won't you tell me a little something about yourself?"

He smiled and admired Mary's eyes and skin in the setting Sun's light.
 
Mary sat and shook her head at the offer of wine. "I only partake in the blood of Christ at mass. Thanks, but I don't drink... The meal smells lovely, thank you."

As they ate she explained, "Earth's population has lived beneath the domes for protection for the past eighty three years. My family lived in a somewhat more affluent neighborhood. My mother went through religions like fads. I came around during her flirtation with Christianity. I became one later, on my own, after spending some time with some amazing sisters and Tibetan monks, all who influenced me in a big way. I follow modern takes on Unified All Faith's principals, not the old way. It's no longer 'us' versus 'them'....I only got to take some of my vows...the rest we're to be completed upon welcoming to Beta...just like they turned this nurse into a doctor by assuming, they also turned this acolyte into a full fledged nun...but I'm not actually there yet."

She had no idea what made her reveal that personal truth to him. This was no confessional. Yet, she felt the weight of this shared personal truth lighten her burdens a bit afterward.
 
Last edited:
As Shade got her tongue massaged her hands explored Hewitts body from the top down. Her shoulders to her hips and her thighs. She loved ecru but of her. But then she started finding it hard to breathe with her tongue in Hewitts mouth and forgot the tactic of breathing through the nose. She was stuck in what to do fir a moment then slowly pulled her mouth away to breathe but kept her tongue out to play.
 
Last edited:
Hewitt chuckled and slowed down her kissing enough so they both could breathe and she could soap up a sponge to wash Shade with. "Very dirty, are we? Two, dirty, dirty, filthy little sluts, are we? Hmm?" She teased in a sultry, sexy voice meant to turn her partner on. "Come on, dirty girl, let's wash each other's troubles away." She added, between kisses, the sponge making slow circles over her shoulders, breastbones, tits, stomach...Hewitt carefully moved a knee to open Shade's treasures up wider to her access, kissing her all the while.
 
Back
Top