Government shutdown over illegals?

"Have a nice day" is code for 'Don't tell me anything that upsets my comfort zone."

No, it's code for, "I'm done with this hater for the day, maybe tomorrow he'll be able to articulate some reasonable/interesting position."

Are mexicans
Slaves nouveau?

No. They are free to return to Mexico, they are merely exploited because of their willingness to be exploited.

True
Black slaves
Couldnt return
To africa

Are mexicans
Free range
Entrepeneurs?
True globalists?

No, it's code for, "I'm done with this hater for the day, maybe tomorrow he'll be able to articulate some reasonable/interesting position."

Hey, you're the one counting on "native" Hispanics hating Mexicans to swing the next election. Hate is considered stock and trade among Repugnicans.

Hey, you're the one counting on "native" Hispanics hating Mexicans to swing the next election. Hate is considered stock and trade among Repugnicans.

I never said that. Work on your reading comprehension; my remarks were made to another poster who said that Hispanics and Blacks were turning to Trump and I said, I don't think so, but here is an interesting bit of reading that I just encountered that would partially explain your position.

You, sir, bring idiocy to new heights in your search for windmills to tilt at.

Have a nice day.

I never said that. Work on your reading comprehension; my remarks were made to another poster who said that Hispanics and Blacks were turning to Trump and I said, I don't think so, but here is an interesting bit of reading that I just encountered that would partially explain your position.

You, sir, bring idiocy to new heights in your search for windmills to tilt at.

Have a nice day.

I'll let your unedited words speak. Here is what you said:

"They [the Democrats] are convinced that they are going to flip the House based upon their current strategy. However, I am currently reading a book focused on New Mexico's desert areas and it talks of the deep resentment of the "native" Hispanics against the Mexicans (and they do not view them as Hispanics, but as Mexican invaders who are wresting from them that which they built over several centuries). Those closest to the "immigration" may be a lot more passionate about the issue than those furthest away from it in DC who are insulated from reality by layers upon layers of security and walls. Currently only one person seems to understand their concerns while one party completely ignores their objections. I think too, that some blac----, I mean, African Americans are becoming 'woke' to the idea that the flood of Mexican illegals is taking the jobs that they want to do, but by being citizens, they are priced out of the market when it comes to their labor costs verses the labor cost of an illegal immigrant."

You have a point but they are losing political capital daily. If the reports re. the fallout from the 'collusion' bull shit are even halfway close to the truth their 'messaging' is going to take a severe blow. Polls, always subject to question, are showing black and latino voters swinging towards Trump. I suspect that those numbers are a reflection of the improved economy.

Here is what I responded to. It is clear that I was only speaking to his point and not really talking about "swinging the election" because in the limited geography that I was addressing, there are not enough voters to swing anything. It's called "conversation." Unlike you, I'm not trying to swing an election by attacking my political enemies. Hell, I don't even fucking vote because my vote doesn't matter as I do not live in a swing state.

Again, you need to find better windmills.

Here is what I responded to. It is clear that I was only speaking to his point and not really talking about "swinging the election" because in the limited geography that I was addressing, there are not enough voters to swing anything. It's called "conversation." Unlike you, I'm not trying to swing an election by attacking my political enemies. Hell, I don't even fucking vote because my vote doesn't matter as I do not live in a swing state.

Noted...

Re. New Mexico. True enough. One of the remarkable things is the Indian (Native American *chuckle*) vote. If you look at the map of New Mexico voting by county in the last election you see two big blotches of red in the western part of the state. One in the extreme NW and one in the West-Central area. Those are the Navajo and Zuni/Apache reservations respectively.

So, is the *chuckle* related to your contention that Native Americans actually are the "native" Hispanics described by "Wounded Knee"?

My Apache neighbors will be surprised to learn that they immigrated here from Spain, but what can I say, you learn something new every day!

Testy, testy. Sorry to interrupt your bull session with Bellisarius.

tenor.gif

I think it's pretty clear now that the Dem's are going to get their DACA amnesty, whether under existing rules (see post 26 this thread) or some modification thereof and Trump is going to get the wall and merit based immigration (ending the lottery and chain migration). Of course there's going to be some bickering over the details, but the end results will be much the same.

The democrats are counting on taking over the Senate and the House this fall and the fact that if they can do that they're going to start whittling away at what ever is agreed to by burying little poison pills in succeeding legislation. Of course they have to win those elections first. Statistically and historically they do have the upper hand. On the other hand Trump is a fighter and what impact his personal intervention may have is unknown at this point, as is what the impact of his legislation and EO's will have on the general electorate.

Getting back to DACA and the rules I posted in post #26 in this thread as well as the link, there are some interesting numbers surrounding the proposed legislation. First it is claimed that there are upwards of 3.something million potential applicants, and that number was true long before Trump was elected, but there was but 800,000 initial applicants. Why such a low number? Could the rules put in place by the Obama administration be an obstacle? Further there have been but 620,000 re-registrants for the program. So some 180,000 either haven't bothered to re-register, or have been turned down for not meeting the requirements. I haven't been able to find out exactly why the drop from any authoritative source. But you can bet that those "rules" are going to be a bickering point in the coming negotiations. You can bet the democrats are going to try to water them down as much as they possibly can.

Yep, there are the alleged 800,000 applicants, but there are 3.5 million who were allegedly brought here when they were under 18 who would be included in any Democrat deal. When you add to that number to the extended families the Democrats will start whining about bringing into the country you're talking several millions of new potential democrat voters with which to dispossess the American majority.

We should do a one time deal for those who have registered and not turn this into a general amnesty for every illegal in the country. The path to citizenship should be long and punitive as opposed to those entering legally and without voting rights for the duration of that path.

Then each that becomes citizen will - or even perm resident - will bring in a whooole bunch of people through chain migration.

Re. New Mexico. True enough. One of the remarkable things is the Indian (Native American *chuckle*) vote. If you look at the map of New Mexico voting by county in the last election you see two big blotches of red in the western part of the state. One in the extreme NW and one in the West-Central area. Those are the Navajo and Zuni/Apache reservations respectively.

Those who talk to the wind, but unlike the Democrats don't create much of it on their own. There are a lot of American flags sticking out of the tops of those hogans and a big USMC memorial erected there as well.

Those who talk to the wind, but unlike the Democrats don't create much of it on their own. There are a lot of American flags sticking out of the tops of those hogans and a big USMC memorial erected there as well.

Are you also chuckling along with Bellisarius about those uppity "Indians" calling themselves Native Americans?

Yep, there are the alleged 800,000 applicants, but there are 3.5 million who were allegedly brought here when they were under 18 who would be included in any Democrat deal. When you add to that number to the extended families the Democrats will start whining about bringing into the country you're talking several millions of new potential democrat voters with which to dispossess the American majority.

We should do a one time deal for those who have registered and not turn this into a general amnesty for every illegal in the country. The path to citizenship should be long and punitive as opposed to those entering legally and without voting rights for the duration of that path.

Then each that becomes citizen will - or even perm resident - will bring in a whooole bunch of people through chain migration.

Therein lies the problem and without E-verify, they will still continue to stream across the border with impunity, wall or no wall. If we could get an end to chain migration and the lottery coupled with getting E-verify, I would happily give the Democrats the citizenship path for the DACA people who registered and throw in the towel on the wall, for if they cannot work, why cross? If there are truly some jobs which we simply cannot fill (which I do not believe there are) then let them report, in Mexico, to the authorities to get a temporary work visa.

Back