Catholic Leaders Threaten Obama With 100% Chance of Civil Disobedience

I you read between the lines in that article, it says that the priests are going to only target boys of parents who voted for Obama for molestation.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

"free exercise of" means that churches shouldn't have to pay taxes?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Individuals still have the right to free exercise. If anything, it's expanded by the law because they don't have to be at the mercy of their employers.

Organized religion has rules in this country; the penalty for violating them is the loss of tax-exemption. Granted, the bigoted assholes running the Church will never see consequences...

I think this applies to churches/religions who stay out of government business and don't tell or pressure their members how to vote. The Catholic Church has a poor record on child sexual abuse and pregnant women. They have no leg to stand on for anything, much less healthcare.

What would the founders have said to the idea of crippling a church with taxes? Especially since they possessed the lost ancient knowledge that whatever is taxed less is produced?:D

400 hospitals in the US are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. Another 300 plus are owned and operated by various Christian denominations that hold the same pro-life stance as the Catholics. Close them down. :cool:

400 hospitals in the US are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. Another 300 plus are owned and operated by various Christian denominations that hold the same pro-life stance as the Catholics. Close them down. :cool:

Hey! What a great idea!
With 700 less hospitals, healthcare will be even harder to get!
:rolleyes:

I think this applies to churches/religions who stay out of government business and don't tell or pressure their members how to vote. The Catholic Church has a poor record on child sexual abuse and pregnant women. They have no leg to stand on for anything, much less healthcare.

Uhhh...whatever.:rolleyes:

What it means LadyV is that the founders did not want an American Charles Beckett whispering policy into the ear of the President and the government of the United States. It does not mean that all religion be banned from public places or discourse. If it did, the painting on the Capitol rotunda wouldn't exist, the Ten Commandments wouldn't be carved in stone opposite the justices of the Supreme Court, the Congress wouldn't be opened with a prayer everyday, and our money wouldn't say "in God we trust."

Vette, the OP was about healthcare and the Catholic's Church against the ACA. Personally, I'm for complete separation of church and state and I'm a Christian.

The thought arises, who gives a fuck what a bunch of loonies say? May you be touched by his noodly appendage.

What would the founders have said to the idea of crippling a church with taxes? Especially since they possessed the lost ancient knowledge that whatever is taxed less is produced?:D

So taxing religion more will produce less of it? Perfect.

So, you people think that only the Catholic church should be taxed, and only because they oppose abortion?

Back