New York roll call

good morning to NYers from Lawn Guyland, damn I can't get rid of that accent ahhhmmmm I mean Long Island.

good morning to NYers from Lawn Guyland, damn I can't get rid of that accent ahhhmmmm I mean Long Island.

Is it not just the strangest accent? I mean at times it's hard to understand certain words. I've lived here all my life, but luckily i have zero accent. Score!

It's coooold outside but gonna head to Central Park for some ice skating and little shopping down 5th Ave :) !!

Is it not just the strangest accent? I mean at times it's hard to understand certain words. I've lived here all my life, but luckily i have zero accent. Score!

Hmm strangely Long Islandese is proper English and sounds perfectly clear to me. :rolleyes: Just have to change for the benefit of others now if it were a Brooklyn or Bronx accent or an upstate nasal twang that can be difficult to follow lol

Hmm strangely Long Islandese is proper English and sounds perfectly clear to me. :rolleyes: Just have to change for the benefit of others now if it were a Brooklyn or Bronx accent or an upstate nasal twang that can be difficult to follow lol

Hey boss.... I had 30 years of Brooklyn and not for nuttin' but I don't know wat you're talkin bout. I ain't got no accent.

Let's settle this over a soder and a game of skully.

Hey boss.... I had 30 years of Brooklyn and not for nuttin' but I don't know wat you're talkin bout. I ain't got no accent.

Let's settle this over a soder and a game of skully.

dat soundz lika plan..we can get a piece a pizza wid da soder (I think piece of pizza is a long island thing, maybe queens too.. may be slice in brooklyn)

dat soundz lika plan..we can get a piece a pizza wid da soder (I think piece of pizza is a long island thing, maybe queens too.. may be slice in brooklyn)

Definitely grab a slice.

(Now I know what I'm having for lunch when I go out in my balmy 21 degrees.)

Brooklyn here!

I was in Brooklyn today, went to Fanny's pizza with coworkers who saw it listed as the worlds best pizza on some cooking show.. It was pretty good but the bill wound up being $50 each (including a drink or two each beer/wine).. good but not sure if any pizza is THAT good, $50's good.

Last edited:
I was in Brooklyn today, went to Fanny's pizza with coworkers who saw it listed as the worlds best pizza on some cooking show.. It was pretty good but the bill wound up being $50 each (including a drink or two each beer/wine).. good but not sure if any pizza is THAT good, $50's good.

I don't even know how to respond to this. :D

Shame on you, traveling all the way to Brooklyn for $50 pizza.

I think the next time I'm back home, I'm going to take you to get some real NY pizza. :rolleyes: :) :rose:

Was it the whole damn pie and a nice wine? I think pizza taste so much better when cheap and hot :p

Come over to Queens. We have delicious pizza!

Was it the whole damn pie and a nice wine? I think pizza taste so much better when cheap and hot :p

Come over to Queens. We have delicious pizza!

Ray's? Original Ray's? Ray's Original? Famous Ray's? World-Famous Original Ray's???

We will have to have a taste off to decide winner.

I don't even know how to respond to this. :D

Shame on you, traveling all the way to Brooklyn for $50 pizza.

I think the next time I'm back home, I'm going to take you to get some real NY pizza. :rolleyes: :) :rose:

Damn hipsters. ;)

PS: Joe's Pizza on Carmine Street in the West Village is HANDS DOWN the best fucking pizza in NYC.

(Street cred= mom from Bronx, dad from Queens, Brooklyn born, lived in Manhattan, and everyone hates Staten Island.)

Damn hipsters. ;)

PS: Joe's Pizza on Carmine Street in the West Village is HANDS DOWN the best fucking pizza in NYC.

(Street cred= mom from Bronx, dad from Queens, Brooklyn born, lived in Manhattan, and everyone hates Staten Island.)

LOL!

You had me at mom from the Bronx. :D

Damn hipsters. ;)

That's fucked up about Staten Island the wu-tang and all of my children are from there!

Back