I used to be so into this forum

Marquis

Jack Dawkins
and BDSM in general.

It felt like such a big part of my life. So unimportant now.

I still like it, that hasn't changed. I just wonder what happens to people sometimes.

I don't have time for this anymore. In a way it makes me sad.

I'm also very conscious about privacy. My profile is not so small anymore. Exposure could be problematic. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this category here. Maybe someone can PM me some advice.

And another.

Usually I pop into the isolated blurt and that's it. Pure happenstance I wandered far enough into the open to find this thread.

I'm not a regular to this forum, but have been in the lifestyle since my teens and I've noticed the game is not the same anymore. I have a very willing partner and my kids are grown and out of the house, privacy for me is not too much of an issue as far as posting here goes

But it does seem to be 'fading' a bit for me. Sometimes I wonder if it is simply getting older and a natural progression mentally or maybe I'm, evolving past it...

I don't know, but I don't see a reason to fight what's going on just as I never held back or fought the urges when I first got into it.

I've been popping in here for years now, but I don't get much out of interaction on this forum. Real life is so much better than the internet. It holds my attention much longer.

I think you get what you give. I've been downright gobsmacked by the care and support here since my mom became ill and the rest of my life turned upside down. That, in turn, has made me want to give more back. :rose:

I've been lurking, but hardly finding a reason to post. I was never a regular here, but the board has certainly changed. It's not only slower moving, but there's an intangible something missing.

I dunno. I wonder if it's because I'm not really active in kink these days?

Yeah, lately i'm even having trouble conjuring up a fantasy worth stroking to.
Maybe it's overexposure, just too prevalent.
Just doesn't seem as edgy as it once did.
Who knows

Same here, I used to be here every day, now it is every few months.

I still like kink, but not in the way I did.

Celibacy for three years may be part of it :rolleyes:

Funny - I haven't been here in forever and I pop on to see this.

I just don't have time to talk about kink or be involved in the kink scene. Kind of a bummer but I am busy with a lot of rewarding things. I still have kinky sex, but there isn't a whole lot of toys/planning/complicated stuff.

For me its not about the kink. I come back every now and then, interact with people and make new friends. Then as is the nature of places like this, they drift away, new people come in, sometimes I connect, others I do not. So I drift away again and the cycle repeats in a few months / years

It's not helped atm with my kink life being somewhat in flux and the fact that a lot of the threads now descend into (or start as) aggressive rubbish.

With luck in time I'll find the energy to get back into Lit again.

I keep that little pics thread going to keep a little connection alive in me with this place.

And to self-soothe, it is cheeper that self-medicating ;)

So Many

of the messages on this link are about not having the energy or the time for kink anymore...

I do not want to speak out of turn but damn, seems like you guys are having NO fun. It seems
to me that the whole point of this sight is to share ideas, laugh and enjoy some darker pleasures.
It is a shame that we now have to worry so much about privacy that the care-free, kinky side gets
muted. I am going to continue to play...to tease...to have wonderful, hot, kinky sex and I hope
you continue to do the same....life is short and sex is fun...lol

Age isn't a factor. I'm almost 60 and have only recently discovered Kink. My journey is just beginning. I hope to be a black and blue marked sub when I'm 90. Now how's that for optimism?

Privacy is something important to consider whether you're only just getting into the lifestyle or if you've been involved in it for 40+ years. Some people have the luck to live in an area where outing someone won't have much effect. Some, live in highly conservative areas where connecting such fantasies and desires (and those acted out) to an individual can result in the loss of a job, reputation and even home depending on the severity and response.

For me, this site will be used predominantly to put up my writings and, if I get accepted, to assist as a volunteer editor. I keep my kink side on sites that are focussed on that, such as Fet' and Collarspace. For me it's not so much about privacy and loosing interest, it is keeping things in their own relevant niches.

Privacy is something important to consider whether you're only just getting into the lifestyle or if you've been involved in it for 40+ years. Some people have the luck to live in an area where outing someone won't have much effect. Some, live in highly conservative areas where connecting such fantasies and desires (and those acted out) to an individual can result in the loss of a job, reputation and even home depending on the severity and response.

For me, this site will be used predominantly to put up my writings and, if I get accepted, to assist as a volunteer editor. I keep my kink side on sites that are focussed on that, such as Fet' and Collarspace. For me it's not so much about privacy and loosing interest, it is keeping things in their own relevant niches.

What makes you think those sites are safe? Apparently you haven't heard about the big hack at ashley madison and other dating sites.
So much for secrets. A lot of people who were playing on madison are sweating now.
And collarspace is a ghost town.
That dried up yrs ago
Fet life is just too damn hard to use from my phone.
I gave up long ago expecting to actually meet someone from this site or others, and kinkwise, i'm really only interested in r/t.
Cyber sex has grown stale. It can only take you so high.
I just dabble here for shits n giggles, to kill boredom.

Fetlife, at least unlike CS, does not come up in a Google search. I'm not saying that they are safe; no site is so in a 100% manner. Collarspace gives out as much as you put in.

Oh? Been to any munches or local events? Those are always the best ways.~ Certainly with meeting fellow kinksters IRL, regardless of whether or not it leads to anything.

of the messages on this link are about not having the energy or the time for kink anymore...

I do not want to speak out of turn but damn, seems like you guys are having NO fun. It seems
to me that the whole point of this sight is to share ideas, laugh and enjoy some darker pleasures.
It is a shame that we now have to worry so much about privacy that the care-free, kinky side gets
muted. I am going to continue to play...to tease...to have wonderful, hot, kinky sex and I hope
you continue to do the same....life is short and sex is fun...lol

What makes you think it has to do with privacy?

My interest in BDSM hasn't changed all that much in the years I've been here, but I find it difficult to get interested in talking about it anymore. I feel like I've already said everything there is for me to say about BDSM and I could just as well quote my old posts to answer threads. That wouldn't be fun for anybody, so I just keep quiet on Talk for the most part.

Maybe I am stuck in a rut and not having any fun at all, but that's how it is.

Back in the day when I first started posting here I remember wondering why some people come here only to post in threads that have nothing to do with BDSM. I get that now. :)

I'm not a regular to this forum, but have been in the lifestyle since my teens and I've noticed the game is not the same anymore. I have a very willing partner and my kids are grown and out of the house, privacy for me is not too much of an issue as far as posting here goes

But it does seem to be 'fading' a bit for me. Sometimes I wonder if it is simply getting older and a natural progression mentally or maybe I'm, evolving past it...

I don't know, but I don't see a reason to fight what's going on just as I never held back or fought the urges when I first got into it.

I like the way you said that.

I personally feel that human sexuality is very liquid and evolutionary. Our interests and turn ons change and vary with age, new experiences, etc. Nothing wrong with that! :)

Back