EPA: brain damage is no big deal

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
The Environmental Protection Agency is not banning a pesticide linked to developmental issues in children, the agency announced this week despite years of calls to pull it from use, saying further study of its effects is needed.

This is despite a finding from the EPA under the Obama administration that the pesticide should be completely banned, and a previous court order telling the agency to act on it.

Environmental health experts say there's evidence that exposure to even low levels of chlorpyrifos through conventional produce can lead to developmental and cognitive problems in infants and children and that they haven't found a safe level for children or pregnant women.

Why would the EPA not ban a substance with clear evidence it could produce developmental issues in children? Because . . . science. The EPA, as its various heads have said since the con artist assumed power, doesn't believe in outside research or what scientists have to say. It's the same reason the FDA has kicked off doctors from various panels studying the safety of medicines. It is their belief that people with years of direct experience in studying the effects of either chemicals or medicines, have an axe to grind and more opinions should be sought.

And where do those opinions come from? From the very people making those products. In this case, Corteva Agriscience, the manufacturer of chlorpyrifos, wholeheartedly agrees with the EPA's decision.

However, in a bit of good news, the EPA will have expedited review of the pesticide. The people being affected by its use will only have to wait until 2022 to find out what the EPA will do. Three years of continual exposure to a chemical which has been shown to induce brain damage in children.

So much for Republicans wanting to protect children.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/epa-continued-pesticide-linked-developmental-issues-children/story?id=64441260
 
Back
Top